Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fasel15's Mock Complete Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think?
Decent Offseason
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Terrible Job
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

alant_8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatewood2 wrote:
fasel,
I really like this offseason and think it takes us to the next level.

My only question goes out to all of the JI haters (sorry, that is a little harsh) or I mean dislikers Wink

Would taking the top OG in this upcoming draft be a good thing or a bad thing for the future of JI? I just didn't know if that pick would be flashy enough for people to give JI some credit?

Ask this question last year and you would have recieved 3 pages of Ireland bashing, the reason we are ok with it this year (myself included) is because we went out and drafted a QB last year, no1 need of the miami fanbase is taken care of (for another year or 2 at least!)

We can see that there are no sure fire 'blue chip' prospects at WR/DE/CB that will most likely be available when we pick. The Warmack pick sits very well with me PROVIDED we have made an attempt at WR & DE/OLB in free agency.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fasel1515 wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
If you don't have good corners, you need a great pass rush to survive. With this we have neither. Really my only true concern with what you did.

Completely agree. My main worry with this as well. Gaining a pass rush this year is difficult though. The FA DE's are terrible this year. Not going to upgrade there and in the draft I concentrated more on offense. Would you rather take a risk on a Dion Jordan or another DE prospect at #12?

In my opinion we would have a better pass rush/secondary with this personnel than we did this year but it is more of a question mark. Giving Vernon more opportunities opposite Wake with Odrick on the inside would generate more pressure from the front 4. Swearinger is solid in man coverage. CB is still a question mark but no worse off then we were this year.

I love Michael Johnson and Cliff Avril. My sleeper is Rob Jackson. Probably an OLB in our system, but in Misi's spot he can get 8 sacks in a season and cover better.

In the draft I love the depth. Jordan reminds me of a more athletic Misi, do all guy but not a true pass rusher. I like Ansah, Lemonier, Carradine and Mingo. Mingo probably the only one I would take at 12, maybe Ansah if he rises more.

I like Johnson and Avril too but not for the price they are going to want. They are average DE's that are going to get paid due to the weak FA DE class. Jackson isn't a bad player but I don't see it. He is a 3/4 OLB and has 5.5 sacks in 5 years. Don't see him getting 8 sacks definitely not as an OLB in our system.

Mingo is the only one I would consider taking at #12. We need a pass rusher across from Wake though bad but I just don't see us getting one this offseason...

You were doing so well and then you brought up Mingo.

Granted, I'm not done scouting DT's, so I still have to cover Hankins, Floyd, Williams, Logan, Ansah (college DT) and others...but I have a pretty good grip on the rest of the draft thus far, my board (minus the unscouted players above) has 21 first round grades on it. So assuming I like what I see, I've got approximately 25 first round grades.

Mingo is not on that list. Dion Jordan is. Chance Warmack is (although I will say I would be relatively displeased with yet another offensive linemen in the first. Take the bat off your shoulder and swing for the fences, we need impact players). Impact players at positions of need with first round grades:

Offense:
Tavon Austin
Cordarelle Patterson
DeAndre Hopkins
Justin Hunter
Zach Ertz

Defense:
Bjoern Werner
Dion Jordan
Jarvis Jones
Dee Milliner
Johnthan Banks
Matt Elam (need is debatable but we're looking at the secondary as a whole)

Players on this list I am comfortable taking at 12?
Tavon Austin
Cordarelle Patterson
Bjoern Werner
Dion Jordan
Dee Milliner
Johnthan Banks.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fasel1515 wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
fasel1515 wrote:
dolphan9954 wrote:
If you don't have good corners, you need a great pass rush to survive. With this we have neither. Really my only true concern with what you did.

Completely agree. My main worry with this as well. Gaining a pass rush this year is difficult though. The FA DE's are terrible this year. Not going to upgrade there and in the draft I concentrated more on offense. Would you rather take a risk on a Dion Jordan or another DE prospect at #12?

In my opinion we would have a better pass rush/secondary with this personnel than we did this year but it is more of a question mark. Giving Vernon more opportunities opposite Wake with Odrick on the inside would generate more pressure from the front 4. Swearinger is solid in man coverage. CB is still a question mark but no worse off then we were this year.

I love Michael Johnson and Cliff Avril. My sleeper is Rob Jackson. Probably an OLB in our system, but in Misi's spot he can get 8 sacks in a season and cover better.

In the draft I love the depth. Jordan reminds me of a more athletic Misi, do all guy but not a true pass rusher. I like Ansah, Lemonier, Carradine and Mingo. Mingo probably the only one I would take at 12, maybe Ansah if he rises more.

I like Johnson and Avril too but not for the price they are going to want. They are average DE's that are going to get paid due to the weak FA DE class. Jackson isn't a bad player but I don't see it. He is a 3/4 OLB and has 5.5 sacks in 5 years. Don't see him getting 8 sacks definitely not as an OLB in our system.

Mingo is the only one I would consider taking at #12. We need a pass rusher across from Wake though bad but I just don't see us getting one this offseason...

My thing with Jackson is a he is a GOOD coverage LB, 4 sacks and 4 INT as a part time starter is impressive as hell.

The only thing I would change is a way to address EITHER pass rush or corner. Don't have to have them both in this scenario, but add a talented player to either spot and you have me sold.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: