Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why don't we clean house NOW and hire Lovie Smith!!??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaX 07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Why don't we clean house NOW and hire Lovie Smith!!?? Reply with quote

Guys, up until this very moment, I was on board with keeping Rivera for one more season under the condition that if we don't make the playoffs next year, he's gone.

Well, every NFL team that fired their head coaches has since hired a new coach, and a one Mr. Lovie Smith is still jobless.

We have a new GM, our cap situation is a total DISASTER and there's not a hope or a prayer that's going to get us to the playoffs next year, and when that happens, all of the coaching staff is gone.

So why are we delaying the inevitable? If we're going to be in this boat next year, we might as well clean house NOW, hire Lovie and get the coaching stuff of the future in place NOW. Think about it. Lovie is an awesome coach, he just needs to hire a stellar OC to run the offense.

If we went this route, we could spend the 2013 year cleaning up the cap mess, grooming some young talent and getting everyone used to the new coaching staff/system.

By this time next year, we'd be in better cap shape, our team would have a full year under the new staff and we'd be poised for a playoff run in 2014 with some solid draft picks this year and the right OC coming in to work for Lovie.

Does anyone else agree, or am I just crazy??

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know why we would hire Lovie Smith. He's a constant mediocre machine. Bears were good for an 8-8 or so season just about every year. And he could never develop any type of an offense. Not the guy we need.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Don't know why we would hire Lovie Smith. He's a constant mediocre machine. Bears were good for an 8-8 or so season just about every year. And he could never develop any type of an offense. Not the guy we need.

Lovie is one of the most respected coaches in the league. His players have always played Hard for him. He's a brilliant defensive mind. As I said, he needs to hire a top notch OC which is what he was missing in Chicago.

He has also had Jay Cutler as his QB for many years, need I say more about that? Ok. Cutler is an OK QB but he's a hot head who thinks he can make throws that he can't make, thus he's an interception machine.

Do we really like our chances better with Ron Rivera at the helm?

Our OC already left town for Cleveland, we have to hire a new one ANYWAY so why not replace the coach with a much better coach and get a staff in here who's going to STILL be here next year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gotta come to terms it is Rivera's year.
I support him fully as he is our HC, and hope he proves me wrong.
If not, we will be getting a new HC next January.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
fretgod99

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want no part of that. Stick with Rivera for this year.

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
iknowcool

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
Lovie is one of the most respected coaches in the league. His players have always played Hard for him. He's a brilliant defensive mind. As I said, he needs to hire a top notch OC which is what he was missing in Chicago.

Not sure how what you describe Lovie as is any different than what we already have.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our cap space is really not that bad. NO is about 8-10mill more over than we are. Space can be made when needed.

And no to Lovie

Thanks CK
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie is ridiculously overrated.
boondock

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie was another John Fox. Mediocre coach with a few years of success throughout his tenure. Did enough to please the bosses and subdue the fans.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Lovie was such a premiere candidate, he wouldn't be going into this season unemployed.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
shaX 07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are high on life.

Riveras a better coach than Lovie. RIGHT.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnydtarheel wrote:
Our cap space is really not that bad. NO is about 8-10mill more over than we are. Space can be made when needed.

And no to Lovie

They also have a playoff caliber roster including Brees, some young stud receivers and a boatload of effective running backs. Yeah sure their defense is suspect but so isn't ours and we have problems on offense too.

I am scared to see what our secondary looks like next year if we have to cut Gamble.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
johnydtarheel wrote:

And no to Lovie

They also have a playoff caliber roster including Brees, some young stud receivers and a boatload of effective running backs. Yeah sure their defense is suspect but so isn't ours and we have problems on offense too.

I am scared to see what our secondary looks like next year if we have to cut Gamble.

I don't see them cutting Gamble but if they do they would just be taking a step back on defense with now having BIG needs at corner as well as DT

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: