Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dream offseaon (comments)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericr0319

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Dream offseaon (comments) Reply with quote

I am gonna make this quick.

Trade Beason (Bucs) - 3rd round
Trade DWill (Jets) - 5th round

Restructure Chris Gamble contract/Let Captain walk
FA - Sign Randy Starks

Dont resign any of the garbage

Draft
1. Either Hankins/Richardson DT - This gives us two great DT now, and a dominate DL.
2. Eric Reid S- I am interested to see his combine first and what scouts say, but we desperately need help at the S position.
3. Desmound Trufant CB - I think he will go late 2nd early 3rd, but players always tend to slip when trades happen.
4. Jordan Reed TE - Again I think he is a 3rd round pick once he shows his althetic ability in the combine.
5. Blaize Foltz OG - Just some oline depth
5. Dustin Hopkins K - This dude has 55+ range, and is accurate within 50.
6. Mike Taylor OLB - Wisconsin

I know I didn't address Oline, which I wanted to or WR. But, I think these holes are lower than DT, S, CB when we play in a division with Brees and Ryan. I'd rather strengthen our D. Because I am not worried about their D.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offseason is solid.

The only thing I cannot see us doing is trading Beason to a division rival due to the fact that they are our division rival. Beason could tell them anything and everything we were doing on defense, especially with him being the leader and key player on D for us.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
The offseason is solid.

The only thing I cannot see us doing is trading Beason to a division rival due to the fact that they are our division rival. Beason could tell them anything and everything we were doing on defense, especially with him being the leader and key player on D for us.

agreed. but, if it makes our team better potentially i think it is a good move. and i see beason being the best fit in TB, and they might be willing to give up the most at LB.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ericr0319 wrote:
boondock wrote:
The offseason is solid.

agreed. but, if it makes our team better potentially i think it is a good move. and i see beason being the best fit in TB, and they might be willing to give up the most at LB.

If that's the case, I think we could probably make the Bucs give up a kings ransom for Beason, potentially getting a 2nd out of the deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good offseason, pretty realistic. Love the Reid pick i the second,kids a monster

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Mike Davis Watch
80 CAR 368 YDS 3TDS
CaptainCharisma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be happy with an off season like that. I think we are going to see alot of changes on our roster. I could see Beason being trade to a team like the Raiders or Vikings, but not the Bucs, they dont really need him anyways.

Thanks to Kiltman
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikes fan here, do you think you guys will TRADE Beason or CUT/RELEASE him? He is definitely a guy I think a lot of ppl would like in the middle of our defense.
boondock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
Vikes fan here, do you think you guys will TRADE Beason or CUT/RELEASE him? He is definitely a guy I think a lot of ppl would like in the middle of our defense.

It's really unknown, I don't think we will because he's too good of a talent to just give up on because of an injury. And no I don't count this season as "season ending injuries" because that's not what he had, he had some lingering bumps from the preseason and couldn't get over them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
VikeManDan wrote:

It's really unknown, I don't think we will because he's too good of a talent to just give up on because of an injury. And no I don't count this season as "season ending injuries" because that's not what he had, he had some lingering bumps from the preseason and couldn't get over them.

I agree, he is a great talent, when on the field. You have Kuelchy and Davis, who was the other backer this year?
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
boondock wrote:
VikeManDan wrote:

I agree, he is a great talent, when on the field. You have Kuelchy and Davis, who was the other backer this year?

James Anderson who is also a very solid LB

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Mike Davis Watch
80 CAR 368 YDS 3TDS
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to say Beason is replaceable but its certainly not out of the question given how well the rookie manned the middle for you guys. I'm assuming it would provide some cap relief...not sure about the panthers cap situation.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
I don't want to say Beason is replaceable but its certainly not out of the question given how well the rookie manned the middle for you guys. I'm assuming it would provide some cap relief...not sure about the panthers cap situation.

We would not cut him I'd imagine. I don't think it'd benefit us at all cap wise. But if a team was interested in trading for him, I'd imagine our FO would listen to it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: