Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

One Player Perfect for each team
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HUNTAF66

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: One Player Perfect for each team Reply with quote

One Player for each team:

1. Chiefs –

Round 2 Pick is David Amerson. The Chiefs will most likely go Geno Smith or Luke Joeckel with the 1st overall pick; but I believe that their second pick will be the perfect pick for them. David Amerson was a top 10, maybe even a top 5 prospect at the start of the college season. His draft stock has taking a dip; but the Chiefs are looking for someone to play the opposite of Brandon Flowers and a corner who can hold his own on a island. Amerson at 6’3 is a very large corner who can do so. I believe with two legit starting NFL corners would allow Houston and Hali to rush the passer freely.

2. Jaguars –

Round 4 Pick Wes Horton. The Jags will most like pick a pass rusher in the round 1 but I still think they address the pass rusher more than once in the draft. The reasoning behind this is because the Jags were by far the worst team in the NFL at getting to passer. Wes Horton from USC has impressed late in the season and at the shrine bowl practices. Horton is average size end with impressive pass rush potential. Maybe with their two pass rushers in the draft they could break 30 sacks as a team.

3. Raiders –

Round 3 pick Nico Johnson. The Raiders have been disappointed with Rolando McClain but maybe another Bama backer could ease that disappointment. Nico Johnson has a some what disappointing season and was pegged as the next backer from bama to be picked in the first round but he since has fallen due to played and the onset of CJ Mosely. I know Al Davis has passed but he would love a speedy middle line backer like NIco.

4. Eagles –

Round 5 pick Kenjon Barner. Of course the eagles have Barner’s old coach and of course they have McCoy but the last time Chip Kelly had a great running back plus Barner it turned out fine. I know some eagles fan will say “what about Brown?” but New coach want their own players to fit their own system, plus one more running back in philly’s stable wouldn’t hurt. especially without a quarterback that fits what Kelly wants to do.

5. Lions –

Round 3 pick Tony Jefferson. The Lions were awful against the pass but with a corner most likely chosen in the first two rounds to improve against the pass but safety in the third is where the team with improve. Jefferson will play across from Delmas and give the Lions a blanket over the top of the defense. Jefferson is a flexible safety that can play both spots but who is not the best athlete but a smart player. Jefferson like Broyles did could inject some of that OU intelligence to Ford Field.

6. Browns –

Round 3 pick Gavin Escobar. Chud was a TE and he likes TE’s. Gavin Escobar is a interesting player from a SD state with very similar measurables to Tyler Eifert and Zach Ertz but due to the supplemental pick of Josh Gordon likely means they do not have a shot at the top two Te’s. Escobar is more of a developmental player than the other guys but could be a top tier TE with a coach like CHud.

7. Cardinals –

Round 2 Pick Tyler Wilson. What does Arizona need besides a OL it is an Qb . Wilson is a gunslinger that has great arm and a tough leader. At the point of the second round Wilson will be worth a shot. Wilson was a 1st rounder but a rough senior made his stock dip a bit.

8. Bills –

Round 2 pick Ryan Nassib. Ryan Nassib was a fringe QB as a NFL starter but since Doug Marrone has taken over in Buffalo I think Nassib could be learning the ropes very soon. He is a very smart Qb academic all american with good physical tools. A reunion between Nassib and Marrone reunion much like the Tannehill and sherman one seems on pace.

9. Jets –

Round 2 pick Justin Hunter. Hunter was projected a top ten pick in august but too bad for Hunter the NFL draft is not held in august. Justin Hunter across from Stephen Hill and Holmes could help the possible FA signing or drafted QB that the Jets will invest into. Who knows the Jets could put some scores on the board next season.

10. Titans –

Round 3 Pick TJ Mcdonald. The Titans are missing a SS from having a good young
secondary and while this may seem low for McDonald I think the TItans will get a steal with this huge SS and fulfill their team needs.

11. Chargers –

Round 3 Pick Kyle Long. Phillip Rivers like every other Qb does better with protection. Kyle Long might be a little raw but have the tools to become a great tackle in the NFL. I believe the chargers will address the cb position in the first round and maybe the interior line the second which leave 6’7 Long to the Chargers in the third.

12. Dolphins –

Round 2 pick Terrance Williams. The Dolphins have to get Tannehill some weapons at this point with the Phins likely going OT or DL in the 1st round the Phins will need to grab a WR in the second. Williams is fast and will take the roof of the defensives and start day one in south beach. Williams also has some size and could replace Hartline as the #1 from day one.

13. Buccaneers –

Round 5 pick WIlliam Gholston. Incase the Bucs do not resign Michael Bennet they will need a big strong DE to rush the passer. Gholston is a freak that never lived up to his potential just like Michael Johnson or Carlos Dunlap. Hopefully Gholston could do the same as those guys in Tampa rotating in at the 5 and 3 techs on passing situations.

14. Panthers –

Round 4 pick Kwame Geathers. I see the Panthers double dipping at Dt this year. Maybe Johnathan Hankins in the 1st and Kwame in the fourth. This would help the panthers in an area they have struggled for years. They need beef up front to stop the run.

15. Saints –

Round 2 Alex Okafor The Saints need someone across from Jordan. Okafor while not
a premier pass rusher is very serviceable. I project Okafor as a rotation player on the Saints Dline.

16. Rams –

Round 2 (trade up) Giovani Bernard. Stephen Jackson is getting old Bernard is arguably the best back in the class. Also the two backs skill sets complement each other so while Jackson still plays Bernard can be a change of pace back.

17. Steelers –

Round 2 Logan Ryan. I have no Idea how the Steelers got this far with Ike burnt to a crisp taylor. The Steelers need a real corner and Logan Ryan has the potential to be a good one. He has desirable size and skill set to fit into Lebeau scheme.

18. Cowboys –

Round 2 Kwahnn Short. Dallas needs a NT and to put their current NT to DE. Short is not the ideal size but has great push. Short can stuff the run and even push a little up the middle for the pass. Short could fit in well with Dallas with a 3-4 or 4-3

19. Giants

Round 3 Brennan Williams. The giants could used a tackle, to protect Eli and prevent other teams to getting to Eli and causing the ints that causes that. WIlliams is a big tackle who needs some work but can fit into the Giants scheme.

20. Bears –

Round 4 Khalded Holmes. This move would allow Garza to move to guard with his more natural spot. Holmes is a very smart center who can make calls and somewhat reminds play wise of jeff saturday not so much physically. Holmes can make this Horrid group form to one group that maybe can spot someone.

21. Bengals –

Round 2 Kevin Minter. The Bengals ILB is a place to improve on their defense. Minter is a big fast lb who can thump and tackle and lead the defense. This defense has a lot of potential and athleticism.

22. Redskins

Round 4 Jon Bostic. London Flecther has been overlooked a but has an amazing career but it could be coming to an end, Jon Bostic is going to be a steal in round 4 for the skins to learn from flecther and added with another year in the 3-4. Bostic could be leader on the d once Flecther is gone.

23. Vikings –

Round two Alvin Bailey. Vikings Oline lead AP to 2000 yards but still could use some help. If Bailey stayed in school and came out next year he would be a 1st rounder. Bailey could be placed beside Loadholt for many years.

24. Colts –

Round 5 Cory Lemonier. The Colts still do not have the personnel to run the 3-4. Lemonier could fit as a olb in chuckstrongs system. He could slowly learn the role and be opposite of hughes when Freeny and Mathis are off the field.

25. Seahawks –

Round 5 Omoregie Uzzi. The Seahawks drafted oddly to say the least. I believe Moffitt nor Carpenter have worked out like they have wanted. Uzzi could come in and be a strong run blocker and help beast mode out.

26. Packers –

. Round 2 Robert Woods . I can think this could be an amazing pick and considering Jennings and driver are gone. Woods can allow Rodgers to keep his luxury set of wideouts. Woods would fit the system as a great route running and down field treat.

27. Texans –

Round 1 (trade up) Kennan Allen. I think Houston takes a lesson from Atlanta and trade up for that missing piece. Allen is the top rated wr in the class and would fit well next to JOhnson.

28 Broncos –

Round 1 Eddie Lacy. John Fox loves running the football and loves drafting rbs and lbs in the 1st round. I think a Lacy and Hillman backfield could be crazy with Peyton calling the shots. Lacy is a power back who runs mad. The broncos are doubtful for bringing back ball or mcgahee due to age so Lacy could step in as the starter day one.

29. Ravens –

Round 5 Brandon Jenkins. Brandon Jenkins broken foot could be a great thing for the Ravens. Kruger was the only pass rushing threat for the Ravens. Brandon Jenkins should have been a high round pick and Jenkins should be able to add push rush once healthy.

30. Falcons -

Round 2 Arthur Brown. The Falcon need an OLb that could make some tackles and is athletic to cover the TE’s in the NFC south. Brown could fit well in the ATL system with his speed and instincts but is a little undersize.

31. Patriots –

Round 1 Margus Hunt- The guy could be a monster at the 5 tech for the patriots and best case scenario is a poor man’s JJ watt

32. 49ers –

Round 2 CHase Thomas. Thomas is a smart OLB that is a good pass rusher that could fall into
the laps of the 49ers. Thomas meets back with his old coach.

A Down Year
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using a late pick on Barner would not be a problem for me, and I could potentially see that happening TBH. I have no issue connecting the dots between he and Chip in the NFL.
Nobody

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great value.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Using a late pick on Barner would not be a problem for me, and I could potentially see that happening TBH. I have no issue connecting the dots between he and Chip in the NFL.

running back is the only position we don't need I think taking him would be stupid.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I would rather wait for a QB, they all really seem to be the same skill level outside of Geno to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the Jets will go WR this early. We already have Hill, Kerley, and Holmes. WR is certainly a need, but not to the extent of several other positions. It's possible if he is the BPA, but I don't think we touch the position until at least the 4th round.
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

23. Vikings –

Round two Alvin Bailey. Vikings Oline lead AP to 2000 yards but still could use some help. If Bailey stayed in school and came out next year he would be a 1st rounder. Bailey could be placed beside Loadholt for many years.

Alvin Bailey is a big time reach in round 2 (as would be anyone drafted to play RG). If Minnesota is looking for a OG in the 2nd round (and that's a huge if), Larry Warford would be the pick to play LG.

Edit:

I see you have Arthur Brown going round 2 to the Falcons. He'd be waaaaay more of a "perfect pick" for the Vikings than Bailey.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: One Player Perfect for each team Reply with quote

Quote:
15. Saints –

Round 2 Alex Okafor The Saints need someone across from Jordan. Okafor while not
a premier pass rusher is very serviceable. I project Okafor as a rotation player on the Saints Dline.

Saints don't even have a 2nd round pick due to the Bounty Suspensions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Nassib makes total sense in Buffalo
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would still be nice but we run a 4-3 now
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great concept post.

Arthur Brown to ATL... why not? run stuffer and play maker, I'll take it.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the concept. I think that Minter might be in play in round one as well.
theindianstud12

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holmes makes me wanna puke.
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would not be Jon Bostic. It would be Andrew Jackson from Western Kentucky, or Philip Thomas from Fresno State.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like Gholston for TB. I think he's more of a 3/4 DE.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: