Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL DRAFT: Kansas City is on the clock...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Kansas City is on the clock?
Geno Smith, QB, West Virgnin
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Keenan Allen, WR, California
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

aceinthehouse

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think a team will bite and trade up for the #1 pick.
An RG3 type of trade.

Why?
Because teams/coaches are seeing what this spread option/Pistol is doing to Defenses and SOMEONE will be enamored with having their own guy in Geno Smith.
Who that is, is the million dollar question?

And If I were the Chiefs....I would do it.
The Chiefs SHOULD do what the rams did last year, imo.
(the Rams screwed up and should NOT have traded the pick and taken RG3, imo)

5 of the top 10 picks in the draft have *new* coaches.
Somebody will want Geno, imo. (if not the Chiefs themselves)

If I were the Chiefs, I would trade away the #1 pick for an RG3 type of haul.

Reid should offer up their #33rd- 2nd rd pick for either Cousins, Foles or perhaps Mallett.

Trade down from #1 and gather extra picks for the future and take best available player at that spot.

If I were the Chiefs though....don't make the stupid mistake of trading a franchise QB like Geno to an AFC conference foe like the Rams did. (last thing you want to do is make #2 Jacksonville, #3 Oakland Raiders, #6 Cleveland, #8 Buffalo or #9 Jets a Juggernaut team with Geno Smith as their QB) You'll be competing against these guys

Trade ONLY to an NFC conference team like Eagles @#4, Arizona @#7, or even Tampa Bay @#13 as they have been rumored to maybe giving up on Josh Freeman. I know #13 is a pretty good drop there for K.C. and maybe they have to take a little less than what the market would say on such a trade.

But you don't want to make the fatal mistake the Rams did, imo.
Strengthen a Conference foe, while possibly weakening yourself, by not taking that said player.

If you're gonna screw up by being K.C. and NOT taking a franchise QB like a Geno Smith @#1
You better make sure he lands in the NFC, where you won't play them, but once every 4 years or Super Bowl.

But that's what I would do as GM of the Chiefs or what Andy SHOULD do.

My guess is Vick is gone in that 2 or 3 day after Super Bowl window for his 100 m dollar price in Philly.

Chip Kelly will want his own dude.

K.C. Andy gets the guy he drafted in Nick Foles and draft picks from the Eagles, while the Chiefs trade down and drop to the #4 spot.

Eagles trade up to #1 and get Geno Smith.

Chiefs have their franchise QB in Foles and take whatever they need @#4.
Plus are set with a bunch of draft picks as well from Philly.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
An RG3 type of trade.

Why?
Because teams/coaches are seeing what this spread option/Pistol is doing to Defenses and SOMEONE will be enamored with having their own guy in Geno Smith.

Reid should offer up their #33rd- 2nd rd pick for either Cousins, Foles or perhaps Mallett.

Trade down from #1 and gather extra picks for the future and take best available player at that spot.

If I were the Chiefs though....don't make the stupid mistake of trading a franchise QB like Geno to an AFC conference foe like the Rams did. (last thing you want to do is make #2 Jacksonville, #3 Oakland Raiders, #6 Cleveland, #8 Buffalo or #9 Jets a Juggernaut team with Geno Smith as their QB) You'll be competing against these guys

Trade ONLY to an NFC conference team like Eagles @#4, Arizona @#7, or even Tampa Bay @#13 as they have been rumored to maybe giving up on Josh Freeman. I know #13 is a pretty good drop there for K.C. and maybe they have to take a little less than what the market would say on such a trade.

Strengthen a Conference foe, while possibly weakening yourself, by not taking that said player.

If you're gonna screw up by being K.C. and NOT taking a franchise QB like a Geno Smith @#1
You better make sure he lands in the NFC, where you won't play them, but once every 4 years or Super Bowl.

My guess is Vick is gone in that 2 or 3 day after Super Bowl window for his 100 m dollar price in Philly.

K.C. Andy gets the guy he drafted in Nick Foles and draft picks from the Eagles, while the Chiefs trade down and drop to the #4 spot.

I think Andy could pull off a 4th round trade with Arizona and could resurrect Kevin Kolb, his original replacement to McNabb. If he does that, then look for KC to actually take either Jarvis Jones, Star Lotulelei or Luke Joeckel.

But if Reid moves for Kolb, look for him to move Albert as well and draft Joeckel for his LT. This would work out better for the Jags because then Geno could be available at that pick for other teams to try and trade up and the Jags are all for trading back to acquire more picks.

Also, Foles ran the spread down in Arizona with Rich Rodriquez, so if Chip Kelly is looking to throw the ball a lot, Foles would be the guy. Not Geno Smith. JMO, but that is what I have gathered.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
aceinthehouse wrote:
An RG3 type of trade.

Why?

I think Andy could pull off a 4th round trade with Arizona and could resurrect Kevin Kolb, his original replacement to McNabb. If he does that, then look for KC to actually take either Jarvis Jones, Star Lotulelei or Luke Joeckel.

But if Reid moves for Kolb, look for him to move Albert as well and draft Joeckel for his LT. This would work out better for the Jags because then Geno could be available at that pick for other teams to try and trade up and the Jags are all for trading back to acquire more picks.

Also, Foles ran the spread down in Arizona with Rich Rodriquez, so if Chip Kelly is looking to throw the ball a lot, Foles would be the guy. Not Geno Smith. JMO, but that is what I have gathered.

Kolb is most likely going to be cut so Arizona can avoid his bonus.....
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
aceinthehouse wrote:
An RG3 type of trade.

Why?

Kolb is most likely going to be cut so Arizona can avoid his bonus.....

Then even more reason that Reid will probably snag him up.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
rizzy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if they stay put and don't get a QB via trade/FA then they take Geno if he gets Kolb or someone else they will probably traderape the Jags.
NHL-Capitals
footy_29

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really hard to see KC going for anyone other than Geno Smith particularly as there is no chance that they are getting a RG3 type return for that pick.

The only other option is Star Lotulelei, but it won't happen when QB is such a big need. KC will preach BPA to the media, they will stress that they will look at every position, but we've seen it too many times before - it's going to be the top QB prospect, which is Geno Smith.

Blknite01's masterpiece
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno because he's the best qb available and they have a good team other than their qb. His addition could make a big difference with that offense, of course they need to retain Bowe and Albert as well and Bowe definitely wants out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: