Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RG3 May have Torn ACL/PCL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21544266/dr-neal-elattrache-joins-the-nfl-today-to-talk-rg3-injury

Quote:
"I think that you'll see a mobile, pro-style quarterback rather than a run-first type of quarterback," ElAttrache said. "I don't know that the longevity that he would have would be what you'd want to center your franchise around."

Another doctor who says rg3 will come back and be a mobile qb who's not run first, which is exactly what he is now. So I'm not concerned. He might lose a 10th or 2 10ths off his 40, big deal.i

Your missing the bigger picture Turtle. Your offense by it's definition makes RGIII more of a run first option then the typical pocket passer. Whether RGIII loses speed or not if they continue having your QB on average intentionally run/scramble 8x a game, he will be injured again at some point.

Except we don't have him intentional run or scramble 8x a game. He does it on his own, and those are the plays he's been hurt on.

So your offense doesn't ask your QB to run the option? Your not going to make the excuse that RGIII chooses to run the 8 times because he has the "option" are you? That's a cop out if true. This is not a typical pocket passing offense where a QB scrambles only when plays break down or in certain down and distances ala Aaron Rodgers. Shannahan intentionally game plans for RGIII to exploit teams with his legs. Let's not pretend otherwise now that it has resulted in injury in it's first year.

If you consider every one of our play action plays a zone read, sure. But he may run the ball off a design run 5 times a game, almost always making it out of bounds taking no actual hits. All his injuries have come from scrambles trying to make big plays to win the game at the end, he than re-tweaked an injury by falling out of bounds.

At the beginning of the year, he was taking off in the zone read all the time but that was toned way down after the break.
tyler735

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/01/15/andrews-says-rgiii-is-well-on-his-way-to-recovery/

Seems that Andrews is in agreement that RG3 should be able to start the season! Just thought I'd post this for all the doubters Laughing
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He still will have to receive some hits, it one thing to make it there but wait till he plants an throws and gets leveled at the same time. His frame and build always worried me, i said back in the raft forum last year before he got hurt that his legs an upper body were just to thin and lean, and he looked more like a Olympic Hurderler then a NFL QB. You look at Russell Wilson and hes just so solid from head toe, compact and stout, you look at RGIII and he just doesnt look built for the game. Wait till he breaks a fww ribs like Vick and they never heal right again. If he return early , he needs to be a strict pocket passer and adding another 15-20 pounds would prolong his career.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
He still will have to receive some hits, it one thing to make it there but wait till he plants an throws and gets leveled at the same time. His frame and build always worried me, i said back in the raft forum last year before he got hurt that his legs an upper body were just to thin and lean, and he looked more like a Olympic Hurderler then a NFL QB. You look at Russell Wilson and hes just so solid from head toe, compact and stout, you look at RGIII and he just doesnt look built for the game. Wait till he breaks a fww ribs like Vick and they never heal right again. If he return early , he needs to be a strict pocket passer and adding another 15-20 pounds would prolong his career.

I would hope RGIII already has those Kevlar vests in his locker already, seemed to help Vick take hits to the mid-section after he started wearing it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
he already weighs 225, you want him to weigh 245?

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: