Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD Giants War Room - Thank you for participating
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bid on:

WR - Domenik Hixon - $700,000
RB - Marion Barber - $925,000
CB - Bruce Johnson - $615,000

cut:

OLB - Spencer Paysinger

and moved:

S - Chad Jones to WLB

^Stone85 on the sig^
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newest draft pick:

Quote:
With the 224th overall pick the New York Giants select:

TE - Deangelo Peterson - LSU

Mr. Irrelevant this year was someone who thought that they shouldve been more relevant in LSU's offense. Deangelo brings special receiving skills at the tight end position as he was previously a wide receiver. Deangelo will be developed slowly by one of the best tight end coaches in the NFL, in Mike Pope. Right away Deangelo will get some snaps on receiving downs with us while Scott Chandler, Lee Smith and Jake Ballard will shoulder most of the weight.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last draft pick:

Quote:
With the 160th overall pick the New York Giants select:

DE - Jack Crawford - Penn State

Jack will come to the Giants as a project. We feel that Jack has a lot of skill and size to be a great LE in the future but there are things he has to learn. We see a big upside in Jack though, and feel that he can develop into a great run stopper and passrusher. Jack will get brought in slowly and might get some snaps late in the season.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are finished:

Save The Hero wrote:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArN_6YkeoFlfdHdMSFFyRlZUc3FDb1J2dEV2N1BDN2c#gid=0

Depth Chart

QB - Eli Manning - David Carr
RB - Ahmad Bradshaw - Doug Martin - Marion Barber - Da'Rel Scott
FB - Henry Hynoski
WR - Hakeem Nicks - Ramses Barden - Domenik Hixon
WR - Victor Cruz - Devin Thomas
SLOT - Steve Smith - Jerrel Jernigan
TE - Jake Ballard*PUP* - Scott Chandler - Lee Smith - Deangelo Peterson
LT - William Beatty - (Jeff Backus) - James Brewer
LG - Mitch Petrus - Kevin Boothe
C - David Baas - Adam Koets
RG - Chris Snee - (Kevin Boothe)
RT - Jeff Backus - Brandon Keith

RE - Jason Pierre-Paul - (Mathias Kiwanuka) - Dave Tollefson
UT - Chris Canty - Marvin Austin
NT - Linval Joseph - Jerel Worthy
LE - Justin Tuck - Jack Crawford
SLB - Mathias Kiwanuka - Jacquian Williams - Josh Kaddu
MLB - Mark Herzlich - Barrett Ruud - Greg Jones
WLB - Michael Boley - Chad Jones
CB - Corey Webster - Prince Amukamara - Bruce Johnson
CB - Terrell Thomas - Justin Tryon
SS - Kenny Phillips - Mark Barron
FS - Antrel Rolle - Tyler Sash

K - Lawrence Tynes
P - Steve Weatherford
LS - Zak DeOssie
KR - Jerel Jenigan
PR - Domenik Hixon

Blue - Untouchable
Bold - Can't be traded

2012 Draft
1 (32) - S - Mark Barron - Alabama
2 (34) - DT - Jerel Worthy - Michigan State
2 (64) - HB - Doug Martin - Boise State
5 (160) - DE - Jack Crawford - Penn State
6 (192) - LB - Josh Kaddu - Oregon
7 (224) - TE - Deangelo Peterson - LSU

Transactions
1. Cut C - Jim Cordle, DT - Martin Parker, HB - D.J.Ware, DE - Justin Trattou, CB - Brian Witherspoon
2. Signed ERFA Jake Ballard
3. Resigned Terrell Thomas
4. Traded Osi Umenyiora to the Bills for 2nd round draft pick (53) and TE Lee Smith
5. Cut K - Lawrence Tynes, TE - Travis Beckum and HB Brandon Jacobs
6. Sign K - Lawrence Tynes, P - Steve Weatherford, CB - Justin Tryon, WR - Steve Smith, WR - Devin Thomas, LB - Barrett Ruud
7. Sign DE Dave Tollefson, OT Brandon Keith, TE Scott Chandler
8. Sign OT Jeff Backus
9. Traded 52nd overall pick, 96th overall pick and 128th overall pick to the Colts for 34th overall pick.
10. Cut OLB Spencer Paysinger
11. Sign HB Marion Barber, WR Domenik Hixon, CB Bruce Johnson, C/G Adam Koets

^Stone85 on the sig^
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been fun guys. Thanks to those of you who have participated. Special thanks to Bagh for working on trades and being a great help overall.

I feel that overall this team has gotten better and positioned itself very well for now and the future. The draft has been focused on BPA and F/A on filling needs. I feel that weve run a very Giants like offseason and I am very proud to say I have been involved here.

The 9 main focuses:

1. Resolved the Oline - We have added pieces to the oline that I feel makes us a much better now oline as well as makes the transition into the future. Will Beatty is in his prime and was our best olinemen last year. Getting him back was big for us. At LG we are starting Mitch Petrus. I firmly believe that Mitch is a good olinemen that can be a mauler for our team. He is young and looks to have a bright future. At center we kept Baas. This was JRs big move last year and I think we are in for a great surprrise this year. He will have time to get a feel of his teamates, the system and recover from injuries. Snee is at RG. At RT I believe we have the biggest improvement. Kareem was uneffective at best last year. Backus being brought in gives us a guy who is consistant and had a positive grade runblocking from the LT position. He has a slightly below negative passblockig grade, but still one that wouldve been the 2nd best on our team. Moving to RT should help him improve that also. As for depth, we have brought in Brandon Keith to backup RT in case of injury to Beatty (Backus would move to LT) or Backus. He is a runblocking RT who has started for Arizona the past few years. He can also lineup as an extra lineman. Boothe is the primary guard and center backup. I feel he has been solid this year when called upon. Brewer can still have some time to groom himself as the heir apparent to RT. We also brought Koets back. I feel that he was solid when he was here and he should be back from injury. We have upgraded the starting and depth units to our oline.

2. Resolved tight end position - We have put in a lot of work here. We started by resigning ERFA Jake Ballard and putting him on the PUP list. We then brought in Lee Smith via trade. He is a nice big body, blocking tight end. He can be a solid run blocker for us. In free agency we signed Scott Chandler. Scott is very underrated. He can block, but is also a very good short to intermediate, big body receiver. He has a chance to blow up here. Lastly, we drafted Deangelo Peterson with the last pick in the draft. Peterson is a great receiving threat and can bring us that athletic receiving threat we need in our offense. He is still developing but he can still help a little right away.

3. Resolved DB situation - With only two CBs on contract we had some work to do. We resigned Terrell to a very healthy price. We also resigned Justin Tryon. He will also play special teams. Lastly we have resigned Bruce Johnson. He was a solid nickel player for us when healthy. Still young and has some upside.

At S we had to replace Deon Grant. I feel we have definitely done that (and more) with the addition of Mark Barron. Barron was a playmaker in Alabama in the same role he is playing here. He is by far the best safety in this class and is a player that can play right away. Those guys are rare at 32nd overall.

4. Resolved HB situation - With Jacobs being paid as much as he does and DJ Ware sucking as much as he does, we needed help here. We drafted HB Doug Martin at 64th overall. Many thought this was a steal. I feel the same way. Doug can be an every down back with receiving capabilities. He, Ahmad and Da'Rel can be a great 1-2-3 punch in the future. A vet was needed to have a stable situation, so Marion Barber was brought in. He is a solid back, who can be good in a pinch.

5. Resolved LB situation - This was a simple situation with the amount of talent we have on this team. We moved Herzlich to the MLB situation. He started a few games late last year and he is ready for a bigger role. Brought inn Barrett Ruud as a stable veteran who can take over if need be or be a teacher to him and Greg Jones. At SLB, Mathias is listed as a starter, but most of his playing time will come at DE. Jacquian will be the player counted on there when we play 3 LBs, which will be less. Josh will be the future starter there, as he learns how to play. Josh will be in passrushing downs as he does that very well. We have the future LB situation set with Williams - Herzlich - Kaddu, as the three Giants LBs of the future.

6. Resolved Osi situation/DE situation - This one is the most tricky. Interest in Osi was very very limited and cap space was tight, but we still got a good trade in my opinion, when we got the 52nd overall pick and TE Lee Smith for Osi. We then moved Kiwi to DE more. Dave Tollefson was also resigned. He was very good when he got playing time. We also drafted Jack Crawford. Although still raw, he has the ability to get to the quarterback. This maybe where we lost the most production of, but I feel we have supplemented elsewhere.

7. Resolved Special Teams - We kept Steve Weatherford and resigned Hixon to be the PR. We have upgraded there.

8. Resolved WR situation - We resigned Steve Smith and Domenik Hixon to help us right away while Jernigan learns for one more year. Both guys have had success here with Eli and we feel its a safe situation.

9. Set up future - I feel we have done this more than anything. Ive already touched on the LB and oline situation. One situation I have not is the DT situation. We have brought in Jerel Worthy. He is a monster in the inside and this will set up for the departure of Chris Canty next year when it will cost a lot less to be able to move him. Also sets up a crazy passrushing DT group of Linval Joseph, Marvin Austin and Jerel Worthy. We have drafted to replace guys in the immeditate future and keep us a healthy franchise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also wanted to say this before FFMD II. I will not be participating in the next FFMD. I have some important matter I need to take care of. I have had to tend to these things during late in this FFMD and have contemplated quitting this one, but I did not want to let you guys down and wanted to fulfill my commitments. The only reason I mention this is for the sole reason that whoever is GM of FFMD II, I apologize that I will not be involved and am thankful if you participated here. I also urge you guys to do this. It is very fun and a good chance to get to know board members, players, and prospects.

Sorry for the whole serious tone to this, but I mean no disrespect or ill-will to FFMD II GM and wanted to get that across.

All in all, I feel that this mock was a successful one. Thanks again for participating.

^Stone85 on the sig^
bagh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STH, thanks for taking this on. You did a great job.

FFMD GM in the Giants forum is a job very few want but many want to second guess.

You did very well in adressing our needs and keeping things in the realm of possibility.

Best of luck with the other stuff bud.
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:

FFMD GM in the Giants forum is a job very few want but many want to second guess.

You did very well in adressing our needs and keeping things in the realm of possibility.

Thanks man. You we're very big part of this and I dont know if I couldve done it without you.

Thanks again to everyone who participated.

^Stone85 on the sig^
7tou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Gmen4ev"]
Save The Hero wrote:
bagh wrote:
This one is going to be a lot of work if STH has to do it himself.

Anyone else willing to help?

I would love some more opinions. I already have a Big Board completed, and am working on free agency strategies. We are only 9 million under the cap so we are going to have to make smart moves.

yea I seen that, we need what like 5-6 more people to sign up
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bigblueben

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks STH for taking this on, and props to bagh for the hard work too. I only dipped my toe in but I enjoyed it and I think we came away with a really competitive team.

mad props to Rase on the sig
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
bagh wrote:

Thanks man. You we're very big part of this and I dont know if I couldve done it without you.

Thanks again to everyone who participated.

Thanks to both of you for the hard work and effort in making this a success. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bumped this thread because we have a ton of new posters here and I thought this would be excellent for them to see how we ran FFMD last year

Feel free to lock it though
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
I bumped this thread because we have a ton of new posters here and I thought this would be excellent for them to see how we ran FFMD last year

Feel free to lock it though

Love the draft we had. We got a top 10 pick at 32, a 2nd round pick and contributing player at 34 and another 1st round pick at 64. Smile Jack Crawford and Josh Kaddu were both drafted higher then where we got them and they are high potential guys.

We did good everywhere but LBs, but Mark Barron would help out there with a three safety look.

Overall pretty good looking back to it.

^Stone85 on the sig^
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also GM signups for this year are open:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=511302

I put my name in there, but I'd be very much so okay with someone else running it this year.

^Stone85 on the sig^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59
Page 59 of 59

Jump to: