Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Salary Cap for Coaches?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malik

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Malik wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
TheSphinx wrote:
Head Coaches ' salaries are guaranteed as well...must be nice.

-TS
Not really. While Tom brady making $20M is done now BB is watching film and scouting.

Andrew Brandt Tweeted the other day that new players used to ask what he would do on his long time off and he told them he works most year round.

Best paid coach gets $8.5M and works year round. Will get fired if his team fails.

Best player (example of CJ) Gets $16.5M gets 5 months off and lasts longer than his coach.

most people's jobs are year round...
I know. And most people's jobs don't have a cap limit.

I'm just giving reasons why it shouldn't be capped.

Quote:
Without a union and a collective bargaining agreement a salary cab for coaches would be illegal.

That's why it shouldn't be capped.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Malik wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
TheSphinx wrote:
Head Coaches ' salaries are guaranteed as well...must be nice.

-TS
Not really. While Tom brady making $20M is done now BB is watching film and scouting.

Andrew Brandt Tweeted the other day that new players used to ask what he would do on his long time off and he told them he works most year round.

Best paid coach gets $8.5M and works year round. Will get fired if his team fails.

Best player (example of CJ) Gets $16.5M gets 5 months off and lasts longer than his coach.

most people's jobs are year round...
I know. And most people's jobs don't have a cap limit.

I'm just giving reasons why it shouldn't be capped.

Quote:
Without a union and a collective bargaining agreement a salary cab for coaches would be illegal.

That's why it shouldn't be capped.

skatebeanz wrote:
alfalcone wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
It occured to me after the Chip Kelly signing that there is no salary cap for coaches.

Why is this? Why can some teams be allowed to pay co-ordinators millions of dollars because they have the bankroll to do so while other teams are forced to make due with inferior talent? Isn't it giving teams in larger markets a competitive advantage over small market teams with less revenue?

I think it's an injustice that there is no salary cap for coaches. They can be traded (Jon Gruden) and their talent level certainly influences the product on the field. Why is it that the NFL strictly enforces how much teams can spend on the on-the-field talent while ignoring the expenditures of off-field talent?

IIRC most coaches are in a union. BB isn't IIRC tho. Either way, having a cap does nothing. The players cap is because the players want ~50 of the profit so they are getting it. Do you guys really want a coaching floor for salaries too?

Then the NCAA will have all the best coaches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Coaches_Association

Quote:
The National Football League Coaches Association or NFLCA is a group of all the NFL coaches in the NFL. The only exception is Bill Belichick.[1]

Just like I said.

Sig bet
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^
The NFLCA is more a trade organization than a union, there is no collective bargaining.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: