Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#52 or #52/53
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you choose?
Lewis
36%
 36%  [ 45 ]
Willis/Bowman
63%
 63%  [ 77 ]
Total Votes : 122

ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis....Willis and Bowmen are great, but there is a reason Baltimore's Defense has been one of the best for over a decade. Lewis in his prime was a force...no one was on his level.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
If we weren't talking about Lewis, this would be the easiest choice ever. It's kind of like asking whether you'd want Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant and LeBron James. If it wasn't Michael Jordan, that would be an easy choice. Granted, this analogy has differences in ages, but you get my point.

It's hard to separate the homer from the logical thinker when it's your team. I watch these guys every game and see how instrumental they are to our defense. When one has to cover a tight end, the other is there to make the play on the other side of the field on a screen or quarterback pressure/run. Something one person cannot do, no matter how GOAT you are.

On the other hand, Lewis in his prime, was a one-man wrecking ball. Always seemed to be where the ball was. And, when he wasn't, it was probably because the offensive coordinator called the play to keep him out of reach.

For the poll, I voted for the duo because we know what we have in Lewis, but Willis and Bowman may not have even hit their prime yet and have already played at an elite level.

That being said, I would be extremely happy to have either scenario. You're going to have a good defensive infrastructure either way.

I know it wasn't really the point, but MJ over both Lebron AND Kobe? That's nuts.
Ataal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
Ataal wrote:
If we weren't talking about Lewis, this would be the easiest choice ever. It's kind of like asking whether you'd want Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant and LeBron James. If it wasn't Michael Jordan, that would be an easy choice. Granted, this analogy has differences in ages, but you get my point.

It's hard to separate the homer from the logical thinker when it's your team. I watch these guys every game and see how instrumental they are to our defense. When one has to cover a tight end, the other is there to make the play on the other side of the field on a screen or quarterback pressure/run. Something one person cannot do, no matter how GOAT you are.

On the other hand, Lewis in his prime, was a one-man wrecking ball. Always seemed to be where the ball was. And, when he wasn't, it was probably because the offensive coordinator called the play to keep him out of reach.

For the poll, I voted for the duo because we know what we have in Lewis, but Willis and Bowman may not have even hit their prime yet and have already played at an elite level.

That being said, I would be extremely happy to have either scenario. You're going to have a good defensive infrastructure either way.

I know it wasn't really the point, but MJ over both Lebron AND Kobe? That's nuts.

Your opinion, I guess. Jordan single-handedly won games and would score nearly half the points. Not to mention a huge clutch player. He has no equal. Probably never will. And, I hate the Bulls with every ounce of my being as a Jazz fan. So, no homerism here.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackandBlue wrote:
Ataal wrote:

I was thinking that as well. Come on, MJ over Kobe and Lebron? Slow your roll.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Ok how about this would you take Jerry Rice on your team or Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson?

That just wouldn't be fair....Just thinking about it gives me the chills.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
BlackandBlue wrote:
Ataal wrote:

Your opinion, I guess. Jordan single-handedly won games and would score nearly half the points. Not to mention a huge clutch player. He has no equal. Probably never will. And, I hate the Bulls with every ounce of my being as a Jazz fan. So, no homerism here.

Pretty sure I saw a stat a while back that said that Kobe has just as many game winning shots as MJ does, if not more.

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Pretty sure I saw a stat a while back that said that Kobe has just as many game winning shots as MJ does, if not more.

That's because he's taken many more game winning shots as well......................

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

That's because he's taken many more game winning shots as well......................

Are their percentages close?

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: