Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our RB situation

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
101stSaintsFan


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 2123
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Our RB situation Reply with quote

Whodats,

We know we have 4 really good RB's on our roster. Do you guys see any of them leaving or being traded at any point this year? Or do you see Payton using them all...??

Mark Ingram
Pierre Thomas
Darren Sproles
Chris Ivory
Travaris Cadet
_________________


2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD LONG
I STOPPED CARING.

Keenan Lewis
T PD INT
STILL DONT CARE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 6077
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see Cadet let go if we were to get rid of one. Doesn't really contribute to the offense, and not enough of a special teams ace to keep him.
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
101stSaintsFan


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 2123
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd HATE for any of those RBs to leave NOLA and us not get anything in return. who has the most trade value? Is it Pierre or Ivory?
_________________


2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD LONG
I STOPPED CARING.

Keenan Lewis
T PD INT
STILL DONT CARE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FLOODx


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 6077
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Ivory has the most value. He's younger and has had less wear on his body. Plus he doesn't have as big of a contract as Pierre. I love Ivory though. Really don't want to see him go.
_________________

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3452
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Our RB situation Reply with quote

This has been a topic I tried to stray away from because my opinion is likley to unnerve some fans on here...

However,

I have come to the understanding that this club is fully committed to making it work with Mark Ingram. There is a certin amount of arrogance with this coaching staff and I just see Loomis and Payton doing all they can to show they were right and justified by trading up for the Alabama star.

With that out of the way... I firmly believe it will be "all hands on deck" for the defense In 2013 which means every roster spot will be critical on the roster to give additional help to this unit.

In other words... We simply cannot afford the luxury of carrying 5 running backs anymore!

Sproles is to vital to what we do offensivly so he will be back.

Ingram I touched on eariler, like it or not... He's the future.

Pierre Thomas might not be as safe as people think, I feel he will take a lesser role in 2013 with the staff committing to Ingram more and it could come down to the fact that the saints could keep Ivory and Cadet for less than what they are paying Thomas.

Ivory is a beast and is young. He deserves more opportunities either here or elsewhere.

Cadet could develop into a special option as a reserve to Sproles role with the team and that shouldent be overlooked, he's also dirt cheap.


In the end... I think Thomas gets traded. Combined with the fact that I feel the saints will focus more on a Ingram and Ivory combo at HB with Sproles and Cadet as the scat back combo, then figuring that the saints could likley land a decent draft pick from a team like the Broncos for Thomas services as well as keep our backups at RB for less than what were paying Thomas...

I hate to say it but it won't be just long time defensive players we part with this offseason, I say PT gets moved as well.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 23920
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Ivorys a RFA this off-season, we can all kiss him goodbye unless the Saints throw a 2nd round tender on him.
_________________

RTR
GFalcon wrote:
go saints
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
101stSaintsFan


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 2123
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Our RB situation Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
This has been a topic I tried to stray away from because my opinion is likley to unnerve some fans on here...

However,

I have come to the understanding that this club is fully committed to making it work with Mark Ingram. There is a certin amount of arrogance with this coaching staff and I just see Loomis and Payton doing all they can to show they were right and justified by trading up for the Alabama star.

With that out of the way... I firmly believe it will be "all hands on deck" for the defense In 2013 which means every roster spot will be critical on the roster to give additional help to this unit.

In other words... We simply cannot afford the luxury of carrying 5 running backs anymore!

Sproles is to vital to what we do offensivly so he will be back.

Ingram I touched on eariler, like it or not... He's the future.

Pierre Thomas might not be as safe as people think, I feel he will take a lesser role in 2013 with the staff committing to Ingram more and it could come down to the fact that the saints could keep Ivory and Cadet for less than what they are paying Thomas.

Ivory is a beast and is young. He deserves more opportunities either here or elsewhere.

Cadet could develop into a special option as a reserve to Sproles role with the team and that shouldent be overlooked, he's also dirt cheap.


In the end... I think Thomas gets traded. Combined with the fact that I feel the saints will focus more on a Ingram and Ivory combo at HB with Sproles and Cadet as the scat back combo, then figuring that the saints could likley land a decent draft pick from a team like the Broncos for Thomas services as well as keep our backups at RB for less than what were paying Thomas...

I hate to say it but it won't be just long time defensive players we part with this offseason, I say PT gets moved as well.


I think Thomas is the odd man out. I just don't see much value for him via a trade like there would be for Ivory. Thomas is a triple threat: can run well, is deadly in the screen game and is good as a blitz pick up. Plus he's proven. I don't know where he is in his career, but I think we've seen about 95% of what he can do. Ivory on the other hand I think has a lot to show the league.

I do agree that we are going to "ride the Mark Ingram mobile will the wheels fall off", if that's the case, I believe Ivory compliments him perfectly. Sproles isn't going anywhere.Maybe a few teams that might be desperate for a good RB mid season...If so I believe this is where a trade might come in regarding thomas. I just don't see it being a high value for him.
_________________


2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD LONG
I STOPPED CARING.

Keenan Lewis
T PD INT
STILL DONT CARE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
whodatworm23


Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 3452
Location: Nawlins
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Our RB situation Reply with quote

I think Thomas still has a couple years of good play left and I can see a RB needy team that is close like the Broncos giving up a 4th-5th round pick for his services.
_________________


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jcvoodoo


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 470
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people on here dislike Ingram so much? Would I be making excuses for him if I mentioned that he wasn't being utilized properly in this offense?? To some of you it would be considered an excuse.

Let me pose this... think of the last 8 games of this past 7-9 season. Ingram was being utilized to balance out the offense. And, when the OC shyed away from using Ingram, we got burned. Plain and simple. So what about records or padding your resume or ego. Suck it up and play with more balance, period. That's what won you the Super Bowl.

Also, O-line needs help. Different thread perhaps, but to answer the question. I see Ivory out... because of the potential value he bring draft/FA-wise. I think PT would restructure if asked to as well.
_________________


^NS922 on the sig^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
101stSaintsFan


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 2123
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Why do people on here dislike Ingram so much? Would I be making excuses for him if I mentioned that he wasn't being utilized properly in this offense?? To some of you it would be considered an excuse.

Let me pose this... think of the last 8 games of this past 7-9 season. Ingram was being utilized to balance out the offense. And, when the OC shyed away from using Ingram, we got burned. Plain and simple. So what about records or padding your resume or ego. Suck it up and play with more balance, period. That's what won you the Super Bowl.

Also, O-line needs help. Different thread perhaps, but to answer the question. I see Ivory out... because of the potential value he bring draft/FA-wise. I think PT would restructure if asked to as well.


I never said I disliked him. True that I didn't like him at first. Hated the pick and what we gave up for it. Then I didn't realize he was playing hurt/not 100%. Now that I've seen him healthy, I think he is a beast and clearly the future.
_________________


2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD LONG
I STOPPED CARING.

Keenan Lewis
T PD INT
STILL DONT CARE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raves


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2006
Posts: 17959
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingram when healthy is a workhorse running back that needs 20 or more carries a game, something he rarely got, and was being utilized improperly much like I used to constant rave about with bush who is looking like a legit running back in Miami due to their willingness to give him touches
_________________

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
101stSaintsFan


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 2123
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Ingram when healthy is a workhorse running back that needs 20 or more carries a game, something he rarely got, and was being utilized improperly much like I used to constant rave about with bush who is looking like a legit running back in Miami due to their willingness to give him touches


Right. God forbid we run 3 times with either Bush or Ingram for 2 yd gains. After that, we basically abandon the running game and pass or give the touches to someone else.
_________________


2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson
ATT YDS TD LONG
I STOPPED CARING.

Keenan Lewis
T PD INT
STILL DONT CARE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lifeinthaboot


Joined: 12 Feb 2008
Posts: 2017
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Why do people on here dislike Ingram so much? Would I be making excuses for him if I mentioned that he wasn't being utilized properly in this offense?? To some of you it would be considered an excuse.


PT can do everything he can do.... and better. He offers nothing to the offense that one of the other backs cannot do. He can't really catch, so you see teams gearing up for the run when he comes it. He can't really pass protect either. Maybe he needs to be the "MAN" in the backfield, but that isn't the NO Saints philosophy with RBs.
_________________
The Quote of the Month is: "Losing Creditability"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group