Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Crysis 3: Game Released!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 25 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CJ4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Crysis 3: Game Released! Reply with quote

Didn't see a thread for this, so I thought I'd start one up for general discussion and hype:

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5NNkyDt65w

Wikipedia wrote:
The third game sees players take on the role of Prophet as he returns to New York, only to discover the city's been encased in a giant Nanodome created by the corrupt C.E.L.L Corporation. The New York City Liberty Dome is a veritable urban rainforest teeming with overgrown trees, dense swamplands and raging rivers. Within the Liberty Dome, seven distinct and treacherous environments become known as the Seven Wonders. Set in 2047 (24 years after Crysis 2), Prophet is said to be on a "revenge mission" after uncovering the truth behind Cell's motives for building the quarantined Nanodomes. The citizens were told that the giant citywide structures were erected to protect the population and to cleanse these metropolises of the remnants of Ceph forces. In reality, the Nanodomes are CELL's covert attempt at a land and technology grab in their quest for global domination.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crysis_3

Crysis games are always jaw-droppingly beautiful, and it looks like they've gone out of their way to make sure that continues in the third installment. I'm a huge fan of stealth games, and the way Crysis does it has always left a sense of empowerment, of being a super-soldier. They've combined the open rain-forest ideas of the first Crysis with the more focused gameplay of Crysis 2 to hopefully combine the best of both worlds. Always thought Crysis 2 was mega-underrated, and I'm super excited to get my hands on this game February 19.

Any of you guys plan on getting it?

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?

Last edited by CJ4life on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting it. Crysis 2 was awesome!
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They've combined the open rain-forest ideas of the first Crysis with the more focused gameplay of Crysis 2 to hopefully combine the best of both worlds. Always thought Crysis 2 was mega-underrated, and I'm super excited to get my hands on this game February 19.

If that's the case, that's great news. Crysis 2 was total poop compared to Crysis because it became totally linear with dumbed down environments.

The story seems to be all over the place too. Isn't Prophet dead?

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Mossburg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also wanted to add that Crytek makes the best FPS engine by far, and it'd be cool to see more games using it. I think most of the game that have used Crytek's engine have been some MMOs. Looking at their Wiki page, looks like CryEngine 3 got licensed out to A LOT more games.

CJ4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:

If that's the case, that's great news. Crysis 2 was total poop compared to Crysis because it became totally linear with dumbed down environments.

The story seems to be all over the place too. Isn't Prophet dead?

Saying and doing are two different things, but from the gameplay they've shown the environments are noticeably more interactive and responsive. Tall grass hides you and your enemies, electric arrows will kill multiple enemies if in contact with water etc. Little things that add to the realism and the overall experience so I'm pretty excited.

SPOILER for Crysis 2, be WARNED:
Prophet does "die", but he's memories and very being were absorbed by the Nanosuit. Everything that made up who he was, apart from his physical self is still imbued in the suit itself. At the end of the game, those memories and being who he is gets I guess "re-installed" into the body of Alcatraz; pretty much Alcatraz body, Prophet mind and soul.
END OF SPOILERS FOR CRYSIS 2
Mossburg wrote:
Also wanted to add that Crytek makes the best FPS engine by far, and it'd be cool to see more games using it. I think most of the game that have used Crytek's engine have been some MMOs. Looking at their Wiki page, looks like CryEngine 3 got licensed out to A LOT more games.

The CryEngine is just amazing. I would love to see Alien vs Predator done in the CryEngine, or even a Halo / Battlefield attempt. Honestly, the only game that wouldn't transition well I think is Gears of War, but I could be dead wrong there.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
bennett23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only played Crysis 2 and thought it was okay. But I just built a pretty expensive gaming rig, so I'm definitely going to get Crysis 3 when it comes out. Although, I don't look forward to only be able to get the PC version through Origin. Confused
Mossburg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bennett23 wrote:
Only played Crysis 2 and thought it was okay. But I just built a pretty expensive gaming rig, so I'm definitely going to get Crysis 3 when it comes out. Although, I don't look forward to only be able to get the PC version through Origin. Confused

Get the original Crysis. It still looks better than most games, and the open and destructive environment makes it a really fun single player game.

Miami49er

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVED crysis 2 so I'm definitely geting my hands on crysis 3.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crysis 2 wasn't nearly as good as the first, but I'll definitely pick this up.

#JDI
CJ4life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3266439

New developer interview, looks like they're definitely trying to blend Crysis 1 and 2 together and take the best of both games. Pretty excited.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:

lol, wait what?
CJ4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DB5CgTcX1U

New 7 Wonders trailer featuring the new weapon "Typhoon" in action. Looks pretty ridiculous.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:

lol, wait what?
CJ4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open Multiplayer Demo / Beta starts January 29th for all three systems (PC/ Xbox 360 / PS3) and runs until February 12.
http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/23/3907250/crysis-3-multiplayer-beta-jan-29-consoles-pc

New "Nanosuit" trailer, story seems pretty interesting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fisfSSa74uQ

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:

lol, wait what?
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ4life wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DB5CgTcX1U

New 7 Wonders trailer featuring the new weapon "Typhoon" in action. Looks pretty ridiculous.

See, I'mma jack some folks up online if I get to use this bad boy. Twisted Evil

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Mossburg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan of the series, but this is exactly how companies should hype a game for the masses. You show a bunch of real time in game footage, not some BS scripted cutscenes or CGI. Bravo.

CJ4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:

See, I'mma jack some folks up online if I get to use this bad boy. Twisted Evil

You can use it online for sure. You get to use it day 1 I think if you pre-order the game. I vaguely remember reading that somewhere, so I could be wrong.
Mossburg wrote:
Not a huge fan of the series, but this is exactly how companies should hype a game for the masses. You show a bunch of real time in game footage, not some BS scripted cutscenes or CGI. Bravo.

It doesn't hurt when the in game footage can actually look this good. The voice acting is pretty solid too, so its pretty easy to get hyped up.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:

lol, wait what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 25 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: