Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Interesting Senior Bowl Notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lions on top

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrRay11 wrote:
lions on top wrote:
The real benefit of all this Eric Fisher being in the company with Joekel talk is a team may be looking to trade up to grab him before he's gone, leaving the Lions a chance to move down.

The negative, Cleveland is directly behind us and teams know they're not in the market for a LT so may more realistically look to trade down with them.

That may be true, but if 2+ teams want him, how confident can you be that your offer to Cleveland would be best? Maybe you go right to Detroit if you want him badly enough.

Very good point. I think a team like SD with a new coach and GM and already having the QB settled for at least the next few years could be looking for that franchise LT and considering there's only two of them really in the draft (currently at least) could maybe trade places with their first, part ways with their second and maybe a fourth or a pick in next years draft.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lions on top wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
lions on top wrote:
The real benefit of all this Eric Fisher being in the company with Joekel talk is a team may be looking to trade up to grab him before he's gone, leaving the Lions a chance to move down.

The negative, Cleveland is directly behind us and teams know they're not in the market for a LT so may more realistically look to trade down with them.

That may be true, but if 2+ teams want him, how confident can you be that your offer to Cleveland would be best? Maybe you go right to Detroit if you want him badly enough.

Very good point. I think a team like SD with a new coach and GM and already having the QB settled for at least the next few years could be looking for that franchise LT and considering there's only two of them really in the draft (currently at least) could maybe trade places with their first, part ways with their second and maybe a fourth or a pick in next years draft.
Instead of giving up picks maybe they look at a Lane Johnson? Chargers are by no means one guy away. why couldn't the chargers just trade down some and take Johnson and get themselves some more picks too.
lions on top

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
lions on top wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
lions on top wrote:

Instead of giving up picks maybe they look at a Lane Johnson? Chargers are by no means one guy away. why couldn't the chargers just trade down some and take Johnson and get themselves some more picks too.

That's very true as well but I was just saying I think Fisher is much that franchise LT candidate at this point than Johnson, and maybe with the new regime SD would be interested in building around that franchise LT. Telesco did a similar thing last to give Luck the pieces to build around. But who knows, they are in a similar situation to us with limited cap and lots of holes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that these teams all are in need of a top LT. Miami, San Diego, Buffalo, St. Louis, and Arizona. Now with two LT prospects, both likely to be gone by the time the last three pick, someone will be willing to move up. St. Louis has a bunch of picks from the RG3 trade so can see them moving up, or at least driving up the price.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Rockcity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I know that these teams all are in need of a top LT. Miami, San Diego, Buffalo, St. Louis, and Arizona. Now with two LT prospects, both likely to be gone by the time the last three pick, someone will be willing to move up. St. Louis has a bunch of picks from the RG3 trade so can see them moving up, or at least driving up the price.
Miami losing Long? Buffalo has needed a LT a while now..what makes Fisher any diff plus i think they are try to build a dominate D,could be wrong tho. Arizona needs one but we won't get much of a return moving down what 2 spots. Which makes StLouis the only team i can see jumping up. So if stl is willing id still want a next years 1st..This would give them #5 and #22 not bad. im not sure what we could get moving down to 16 tho. could we get a next years 1st plus any picks just curious.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Miami losing Long? Buffalo has needed a LT a while now..what makes Fisher any diff plus i think they are try to build a dominate D,could be wrong tho. Arizona needs one but we won't get much of a return moving down what 2 spots. Which makes StLouis the only team i can see jumping up. So if stl is willing id still want a next years 1st..This would give them #5 and #22 not bad. im not sure what we could get moving down to 16 tho. could we get a next years 1st plus any picks just curious.

Long is likely gone in Miami. Buffalo has a new staff and needs to protect their QB. San Diego needs one and if other teams are moving up, Arizona will have to. Also I would obviously take less to drop less and still get who we want.

Rockcity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Long is likely gone in Miami. Buffalo has a new staff and needs to protect their QB. San Diego needs one and if other teams are moving up, Arizona will have to. Also I would obviously take less to drop less and still get who we want.
ok so you probably lose whoever can afford Long,not sure who that is.. Arizona looks the most needy so if they can afford long while adding a piece to that D looks best. I didn't know Long was in play that makes things worse.. is Clady available too? Also think Lane Johnson is being underrated around here, i could see the Ram easily taking him at 16
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

ok so you probably lose whoever can afford Long,not sure who that is.. Arizona looks the most needy so if they can afford long while adding a piece to that D looks best. I didn't know Long was in play that makes things worse.. is Clady available too? Also think Lane Johnson is being underrated around here, i could see the Ram easily taking him at 16

I doubt Clady leaves Denver. Long could easily sign with a team further down who need a LT such as Minnasota, Chicago, Dallas, or even something like New England or New York. There are a ton of teams in need of an OT. I believe there are two LTs in this draft and am not sold on Fisher. One of the OTs could get drafted ahead of us. That would leave one LT for a bunch of teams to bid for. Just like last year with RG3, only difference is we won't get nearly as much for a LT as a QB got.

1King

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lionsfanforever wrote:
@davebirkett: Lions met with Johnathan Franklin last night.

yay

Really like Franklin.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
dmudd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lions on top wrote:
DrRay11 wrote:
lions on top wrote:

or maybe he is bpa on our board you nver can be 100 percent on who we want. so trade with us
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

I doubt Clady leaves Denver. Long could easily sign with a team further down who need a LT such as Minnasota, Chicago, Dallas, or even something like New England or New York. There are a ton of teams in need of an OT. I believe there are two LTs in this draft and am not sold on Fisher. One of the OTs could get drafted ahead of us. That would leave one LT for a bunch of teams to bid for. Just like last year with RG3, only difference is we won't get nearly as much for a LT as a QB got.

I think Minnesota is pretty set at LT.

Team Stylish

Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Lionsfanforever

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:

yay

Really like Franklin.

Can you fill me in on him, he's not really a speed back is he?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sllim Pickens"]I know that these teams all are in need of a top LT. Miami, San Diego, Buffalo, St. Louis, and Arizona. Now with two LT prospects, both likely to be gone by the time the last three pick, someone will be willing to move up. St. Louis has a bunch of picks from the RG3 trade so can see them moving up, or at least driving up the price.[/quote

You can add another team to your list, the Detroit Lions.
Big Cat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Rockcity wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Long is likely gone in Miami. Buffalo has a new staff and needs to protect
their QB. San Diego needs one and if other teams are moving up, Arizona will have to. Also I would obviously take less to drop less and still get who we want.

I doubt Clady leaves Denver. Long could easily sign with a team further down
who need a LT such as Minnasota, Chicago, Dallas, or even something like New England or New York. There are a ton of teams in need of an OT. I believe there are two LTs in this draft and am not sold on Fisher. One of the OTs could get drafted ahead of us. That would leave one LT for a bunch of teams to bid for. Just like last year with RG3, only difference is we won't get nearly as much for a LT as a QB got.

The Vikes have Kalil at LT.
1King

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lionsfanforever wrote:
1King wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:

yay

Really like Franklin.

Can you fill me in on him, he's not really a speed back is he?

I'd classify him as an all-around back, though if I was forced to choose between speed or power, I'd lean toward speed.

Here is his UCLA profile:

http://www.uclabruins.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/franklin_johnathan00.html

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: