Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will we have another streak of Super Bowl blowouts?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverine_Joe wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:
C$! wrote:
Wolverine_Joe wrote:
one of the reason why Montana's 4 out of 4SB wins isn't any better than brady's winning 3 out of 5SB. yes montana had couple of close wins, but 2 of them were blowouts. honestly a total mismatch.

it's very rare for the SB to be not competitive. mismatches in the SB will happen very rarely, if not ever.

Really? I would say getting out of the NFC at that time was WAY harder than getting out the the AFC from 2001-2006. Don't hold it against a team that can execute at a high level in the biggest game. You play who's in front of you.
Don't try and cheapen Montana's Super Bowls, it looks pathetic.

not really. talent wise they were significantly better than other top nfc teams. when they blew out the dolphins they cake walked against giants and bears weeks before. 89? lol even worse. i mean that was like alabama playing ND. it was so obviously mismatched. elways broncos? that team had no business in the SB playing against the niners. it's like pats playing tebow's broncos in the SB.

bottom line, Joe Mo had 2 very easy SB runs. hell, 84 and 89 niners are considered top 5 greatest team ever for godsake. stuff like that doesn't happen in today's NFL. why? because you can't even keep half of those guys in today's NFL.

And the Patriots defense wasn't great the last time Brady won a Superbowl?

Montana was clutch when he needed to be.

Stop trying to discredit his wins just cause you think Brady is better.

brady was clutch when he needed to be in 3 SBs. stop it.

niners beat the broncos 55-10. that's not clutch. that's like Bama playing against some medicore big ten team.

Marino's highpowered offense in 84? got blanked in the 2nd half.

I never said he wasn't clutch in either of those 3 games, did I? The 49ers were a great team with a great defense. Are you are discrediting his wins because the 49ers as an organization drafted well with Bill Walsh?

3 out of the 4 Superbowls he was in he was the MVP. So yeah, I think he was clutch and a major reason the scores looked like they did.
Ronnie's Pinky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolverine_Joe wrote:
that 85 bears was just a magical ride. that defense really should've won more than 1 SB.

Lol...yeah, they probably would have if the 49ers hadn't smacked them around twice in the NFC championship game. Of course, Chicago scored a combined 3 points in those two games, so you can't say it was all Joe, but scoring 23 and then 28 points against that defense (especially the 88' game in frozen soldier field) is doing man's work.

There were no easy roads to the superbowl out of the NFC in that era. The simple fact of the matter is that Joe dimed the best defense of the decade (and among the best of all-time) with (88') and without Rice (84'). That Cowboys defense in 1981 wasn't bad, either, though I have nothing nice to say about the Rams of 1989 in the infamous "Chris" Everett game, but that's mostly just because they're the Rams.
Ronnie's Pinky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
I never said he wasn't clutch in either of those 3 games, did I? The 49ers were a great team with a great defense. Are you are discrediting his wins because the 49ers as an organization drafted well with Bill Walsh?

No, he'd discrediting the wins because he thinks the 49ers wouldn't have been able to keep their team together in the cap era, nevermind the fact that the roster always had a lot of turnover precisely because Walsh drafted so well, very much like Belichick's Patriots.

He also doesn't seem to grasp the fact that Brady has never won a superbowl without an elite defense behind him.
tom cody

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams are to close talent wise these days anyways. You'll never see another Super Bowl blowout IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: