Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Mock off season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutler06

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: 2013 Mock off season Reply with quote

Our FA’s
Ryan Clady – Pay the Man !!
Tracy Porter – Good CB, but not healthy, goodbye
Lance Ball – Good back, but fumbles and little impact in 2012 not in Fox’s plan
Justin Bannan – Nice run while it lasted, but Wolfe moves back to DT
Keith Brooking – Long in the tooth, not resigned
David Bruton – ST ace, gets a new contract
Tony Carter – Breakout year, will be resigned
Chris Clark – Good backup, signs for cheap
Britton Colquitt – A good vet, loves the altitude and resigns
Chris Gronkowski – Not as good as his brother, replaced by the versatile Jacob Hester
Jason Hunter – Will be signed if the price is right
Dan Koppen – Strong vet will get signed if terms work for the Broncos
Jim Leonhard – Gets a chance in TC
Brandon Stokley- One more year with Peyton
Mitch Unrein – Has proved his value, a dangerous weapon along the goal line
Kevin Vickerson – Had a strong year, the type of DT Fox and JDR loves.
Ty Warren – too injured, so long
Matt Willis – may be re-signed because of his ST prowess, but not sure he’ll make the team

Cuts/tTraded
Andre Caldwell
Joe Mays
Manny Ramirez
DJ Williams - Could just re-structure, but I believe he'll be cut or traded

FA signings:
DT Terrance Knighton – Familiar with JDR’s system, wants to play for a winner.
WR Greg Jennings – Here’s where Denver makes a splash, Jennings has speed and is a playmaker.

2013 Draft
1. DE Ezekiel Ansuh – BYU 6’6” 275lbs This guy is a little raw but is fast, has good size ,strength and quickness, is very athletic and strong against the run. Pushes Wolfe back to DT where he belongs.

2. OG Travis Frederick – Wisc 6’4” 338lbs. A mammoth of a man, has played some C but will play G next to Franklin, creating a wall the size of China. Replaces ManRam, and solidifies the line. Beadles or Kuper (depending on his health) becomes our backup when he moves into the starting lineup.

3. MLB Kevin Reddick – North Carolina 6’3” 240. Reddick is a good ILB that has some instincts for the position. Decent speed will complement those instincts; he’ll be what they hoped they got in Irving.

4. RB Marcus Lattimore -South Carolina 6’0” 235lbs. Yes I know he’s injured, but with McGahee on his last year of his contract, Lattimore will be place on IR until NEXT year. He’s got size, speed and vision to replace McGahee next year. Knowshon & McGahee will be good this year, Lattimore helps build for the future to keep this franchise competitive for years to com.

5. CB Sanders Commings – Georgia 6’1” 216lbs While we still have Champ, he’s not gonna be around forever. Commings has good size, is strong and comes from a great program.

6. I believe this pick goes to CLE

7. RB Cierre Wood – Notre Dame 6’0” 215lbs. Never can have too many rb’s, Woods has good potential. Will replace JJ on the PS

2013 Roster

WR Demaryius Thomas
LT Ryan Clady Chris Clark
LG Zane Beadles Philip Blake
C JD Walton Dan Koppen
RG Chris Kuper Travis Frederick
RT Orlando Franklin
TE Joel Dreessen Jacob Tamme Virgil Green Julius Thomas
WR Greg Jennings Trindon Holliday
Slot Eric Decker Brandon Stokley
QB Peyton Manning Brock Osweiler
RB Willis McGahee Knowshon Moreno Ronnie Hilliard Mario Fannin
FB Jacob Hester

LDE Ezekiel Ansuh Malik Jackson
NT Terrance Knighton Kevin Vickerson
DT Derek Wolfe Mitch Unrein
RDE Elvis Dumervil Jason Hunter Jeremy Beal
SLB Von Miller Nate Irving
MLB Kevin Reddick Steven Johnson
WLB Wesley Woodyard Danny Trevathan
LCB Champ Bailey Omar Bolden
RCB Chris Harris Tony Carter Sanders Comings
SS Mike Adams Quinton Carter David Bruton
FS Rahim Moore Jim Leonhard

K Matt Prater
P Britton Colquitt
LS Aaron Brewer

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not a fan of this mock much at all.

Unless you have us trading up in the 1st, Ansah will be gone by #10 or the latest #15. Hes got infinite amounts of potential. Just my opinion though. Dont think OG is a need. Our OL is set for the next year IMO. Reddick is not a 3-down MLB. Hes a run-stuffing MLB that we could just bring back Mays or Brooking to do the job.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am probably the biggest Ziggy Ansah hater you will find. He is an absolute athletic freak, but so is Usian Bolt. Neither shold be on a football field.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziggy might actually be there at #28. He is looking underwhelming at the Senior Bowl. Very stiff, and has not flashed the agility that some would have though. I dont know if he would be an immediate contributor for the Broncos, and that is what Elway will be looking for.

There is no freaking way we get Greg Jennings. He will get PAID by a team like Miami.

I like the Frederick pick because he can play OG and OC and I will not be surprised if Koppen gets a deal from a team this summer that we dont match. He is the top FA OC after all.

Reddick is not just a run-stuffer as Jersey said. He is decently fluid in space and sheds blocks well. I think he will be a 3-4th round pick and while not my favorite MLB, I would not complain if we took him.

Sanders Commings will move to S in the NFL, and I dont like his cover skills.

Lattimore will be overdrafted since he has been cleared to play by the start of next year. I dont see hi falling out of the 3rd round and I certainly would not take him there either. Too much of an injury risk. If he was available in the 4th or 5th, I would roll the dice especially considering how low our pick is.
Donut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
I am probably the biggest Ziggy Ansah hater you will find. He is an absolute athletic freak, but so is Usian Bolt. Neither shold be on a football field.

Except Bolt doesnt have the body or any traits that would say he's a football play. i havent gone into the in depth analysis I did w/ Chandler Jones but size is so similar. Same height, slightly shorter arms(both still have long arms), larger hands, and a faster projected 40.
He has a lot of potential and so far has just had to rely on minimal technique and just his freakish size and athleticism. If you believe he has it in him to reach his potential you take him. He's project in same area as Jones was last yr and the extent I would've gone to get him was trading up to Seattle.
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Lattimore will be overdrafted since he has been cleared to play by the start of next year. I dont see hi falling out of the 3rd round and I certainly would not take him there either. Too much of an injury risk. If he was available in the 4th or 5th, I would roll the dice especially considering how low our pick is.

I didnt know this but that's good news for him. 3rd round is the round a bunch of guys take shots in the dark in that round.

As for Jennings I cant see it going well. Paying Clady and Jennings would've taken a ton of cap room and Thomas, Decker and Beadles will need a new deal soon.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it makes sense to turn Beadles into a backup; I mean he is just a Pro Bowler.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I guess it makes sense to turn Beadles into a backup; I mean he is just a Pro Bowler.

Laughing

Preach it brother.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:

Who suggested making Beadles a backup...Frederick will give depth and replace ManRam.........tell me that isn' a necessity ??

Jakuvious wrote:
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Who suggested making Beadles a backup...Frederick will give depth and replace ManRam.........tell me that isn' a necessity ??

A 2nd round pick is a backup? I thought you wanted IMPACT players!? Confused

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind a bit of OL emphasis a bit. A few things; we could certainly use the competition, our depth is very questionable, Kupers surgery may be a problem, and outside of Franklin and Kuper we don't have one OL guy on the roster signed past next season.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Beadles or Kuper (depending on his health) becomes our backup when he moves into the starting lineup.
Quote:

You wrote this, no?

Cutler06

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

A 2nd round pick is a backup? I thought you wanted IMPACT players!? Confused

How did you feel when Kuper went down, our Oline was not a strong point, do you feel good leaving Peyton exposed ?

Jakuvious wrote:
Cutler06

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Cutler06 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Beadles or Kuper (depending on his health) becomes our backup when he moves into the starting lineup.
Quote:

You wrote this, no?

And Kupers (who I do think he'll replace , not Beadles) ) health has been exceedingly fragile, he's already hurt AGAIN. Facts are facts, he does leave a question mark and Philip Blake went on IR with a minor injury last year, leaving PFM being protected by ManRam isn't my idea of stability. Also, Fox likes his oline huge and Frederick is a mamoth of a man. Plus he's versatile enough to play C or even T.

Jakuvious wrote:
Winder23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Reddick fan. He misses too many tackles and easily gets gobbled up by blockers. Don't know that I like the Lattimore pick, but it could be a big win if he can stay healthy. Don't mind drafting an interior player on the O-line, but don't necessarily think it would be Frederick.

I agree with others on the Jennings signing. Not gonna get his money here.

Don't know much about Commings and Wood is a good pick in the 7th.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why they call it MOCK Rolling Eyes

Jakuvious wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: