Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady ties Montana Record
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x0x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
You could have 21 first team All-Pros surrounding a quarterback, yet the team will only go as far as his level of execution (or lack of execution) allows the team to go in January.

Just as I type this...we're watching Matt Ryan throw and fumble his teams' chance away....

Peyton Manning 2006?

You can attempt to pass off the exception as the rule....but it only makes you look foolish Laughing

Trent Dilfer next ??

What I want to know is how many Super Bowl winning Quarterbacks you would classify in the elite category.

Then how many you would classify as good.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
You could have 21 first team All-Pros surrounding a quarterback, yet the team will only go as far as his level of execution (or lack of execution) allows the team to go in January.

Just as I type this...we're watching Matt Ryan throw and fumble his teams' chance away....

Peyton Manning 2006?

You can attempt to pass off the exception as the rule....but it only makes you look foolish Laughing

I suppose if I was actually trying to "pass off the exception as the rule" you would have a point.

Peyton Manning is a great example though. He lights it up during the regular season, his team dominates...then he disappears in the playoffs and they're all golfing by MLK day.

Because the defense falling to pieces had nothing to do with those playoff fizzles.

CK on the sig
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Peyton Manning 2006?

Trent Dilfer next ??

What I want to know is how many Super Bowl winning Quarterbacks you would classify in the elite category.

Well....Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams, and Jim McMahon are the only non-Hall of Fame quarterbacks (or at the very least, will be Hall of Famers) to win a Super Bowl.

That means that 40 out of 46 Super Bowls were won by teams with Hall of Fame signal callers.

FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Peyton Manning 2006?

I suppose if I was actually trying to "pass off the exception as the rule" you would have a point.

Peyton Manning is a great example though. He lights it up during the regular season, his team dominates...then he disappears in the playoffs and they're all golfing by MLK day.

Because the defense falling to pieces had nothing to do with those playoff fizzles.

No...it had nothing to do with his 4th quarter disappearing acts. When he needed to execute, he didn't

J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Peyton Manning 2006?

No...it had nothing to do with his 4th quarter disappearing acts. When he needed to execute, he didn't

I'm talking about the losses. Not Mannings performance.

CK on the sig
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
x0x wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Peyton Manning 2006?

Trent Dilfer next ??

Well....Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Mark Rypien, Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams, and Jim McMahon are the only non-Hall of Fame quarterbacks (or at the very least, will be Hall of Famers) to win a Super Bowl.

That means that 40 out of 46 Super Bowls were won by teams with Hall of Fame signal callers.

You are forgetting one more. He won 2 SBs.

CK on the sig
FirstDownFaulk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Peyton Manning 2006?

Exactly Laughing

The losses are a result of his performance, or more specifically his absence late in games and propensity for bad throws (ie OT interception just last weekend).

x0x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
x0x wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Peyton Manning 2006?

Trent Dilfer next ??

Jim Plunkett
Ken Stabler
1970 Baltimore Colts.....

Lowers that to 36 of 46.

Bradshaw and Aikman don't win those Championships on lesser teams. Hell the 1970s Steelers have the record for most Hall of Famers and Bradshaw was one of the weaker inductees (although I defend him on here constantly).

So that brings it down to 29.

I don't know how one judges a guy like Bob Griese but he wasn't a first ballot guy and his playoff numbers are paltry.

So we're down to 27 and then Joe Namath is one of the most controversial inductees (took him a while to get in).

Meanwhile Ben Roethlisberger won Super Bowl XL by doing next to nothing , he is a Hall of Famer but that Super Bowl wasn't won by him in the least.

That's 26 of 46 Super Bowls won by what many would list as top tier QBs, but then I'm also including guys like Eli.

Then there's also Theismann who was a great QB but didn't have a Hall of Fame career either.

To me, a great QB gives you a 50% chance of ultimate victory, with a good team. Because of luck factors and varying performance.

Surround a mediocre passer with an exceptional team and you have better than 50% chance.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
FirstDownFaulk wrote:

Peyton Manning 2006?

Exactly Laughing

The losses are a result of his performance, or more specifically his absence late in games and propensity for bad throws (ie OT interception just last weekend).

And we come full circle...

So the defense not showing up to play in those losses had nothing to do with the poutcome of the game, right?

CK on the sig
Nat Turner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="J Pep 4 Step"][quote="resilient"]Hmmm.. Brady and Montana. The 2 greatest dink n and dunk QBs ever.[/quote]

Seems the "dink and dunk" makes for a pretty succesful plan. I guess all those other QBs just refuse to dink and dunk on stylistic grounds? They would rather lose with form than win with function?[/quote]

Yeah....and besides that, Brady and especially Montana tend to dink and dunk when their first couple of options are covered.

They're effective at medium and long passes as well, even if others were better. Montana threw a pretty accurate long ball.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21

Jump to: