Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mooche

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbllstr22 wrote:
Clearly there's a need for offensive linemen and defensive backs, I'd be happy for a backer and an end later in the draft. Barrett Jones is going to get a ton of hype after today so I don't know about his availability.

Yup. I think he played pretty stout in the middle against a solid prospect in Nix.

Any pipe dream we had of Warmack falling to us is basically zilch. Chance showed how elite he is last night on the grandest stage.
oland11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrett Jones is going to fall faster then the stomach on Chance Warmack.

He played the BCS on a listfran fracture? He'll be out for both the senior bowl and the combine/pro-day. You guys could get him. Personally the Eagles have no business selecting that pudge-bucket.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Physical WR would instantly help this offense. A guy with length that can find the deep ball. With Avery a pending FA, drafting a guy like Justin Hunter to complement current group would be a great choice.

Obvious other needs at OL & virtually the entire defense. Trading down is so logical given the lack of mid-round picks.

Dallas Thomas makes sense to start at Guard.
Mooche

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Justin Hunter as a prospect.

A big, strong wide-out would help this offense out immensely. I think in this class though there will be some shots to be taken later on due to the deep talent pool at WR.

The priority in this draft must be protecting Luck. It also must be the same case moving forward for Grigson in FA.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to hear more opinions about needs and prospects. I know absolutely nothing about how the Colts did this season really since I couldn't watch any games and didn't have time to stream any either. I also only know like the top couple of guys and guys from USC and Miami.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want the Colts to unite Taylor (RB from Stanford) with Luck again in this offense.

Vick is a good between the tackles masher, but I really want to get a back to help us in other aspects of the game.

Taylor doesn't have blazing speed, but he is quick. He steps up and does a great job in pass-protection and he catches the ball well out of the backfield.

Looking on our depth chart as it is right now, I think he would help add a big dimension into our offense.

Last edited by Mooche on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mooche

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang double post.
Mooche

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colts have been rumored/met with some of these players at the Senior Bowl:

Alabama - OT DJ Fluker
Kansas St. - ILB Arthur Brown
Rice - TE Vance McDonald
Harding - LB Ty Powell
North Carolina - DT Sylvester Williams
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick up a WR if Patterson fell to us. I think for defense, Xavier Rhodes would be a good candidate.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think WR is out of the realm of possibility, but I just can't see it either.

The Colts could upgrade almost every position on the offensive line. As well, the inability to rush the passer is very alarming. Mathis didn't have that solid of a year, and Jerry Hughes coming off the bench as the the next in line is not something I'm too thrilled about, at all...
Mooche

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuing with theme of Colts meeting prospects at the Senior Bowl, here are a few more:

Quote:

Corey Fuller, WR, Virginia Tech
Ray Graham, RB, Pittsburgh
Lane Johnson, OL, Oklahoma
Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse
Earl Watford, OL, James Madison

-Walter Football

Really, really like Lane Johnson. He's picking up heavy steam though.
ColtsFan40

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just watching an interview with Mike Mayock. He was asked about this years QB class. He said the 3 teams in the most need of a QB are the Chiefs (1), Cards (7) and the Bills (08 ). He stated that he doesnt see anyone reaching that high but could see a team trading back into the 1st round somewhere between 20 and 32. My question is do we look to trade down? I could see the Cards or Bills as a trade partner at 24. With the Chiefs having the 1st pick in round 2 I truely see them standing pat and taking best availible QB. So if we do get a call from the Cards or Bills, what would it take for the Colts to move back?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColtsFan40 wrote:
I was just watching an interview with Mike Mayock. He was asked about this years QB class. He said the 3 teams in the most need of a QB are the Chiefs (1), Cards (7) and the Bills (08 ). He stated that he doesnt see anyone reaching that high but could see a team trading back into the 1st round somewhere between 20 and 32. My question is do we look to trade down? I could see the Cards or Bills as a trade partner at 24. With the Chiefs having the 1st pick in round 2 I truely see them standing pat and taking best availible QB. So if we do get a call from the Cards or Bills, what would it take for the Colts to move back?

I'll take their third rounder and option to swap future second round pick spots and their earliest second round pick. I'd be ecstatic if they were desperate enough to give us their second next year also. Then again, the Cards pick 38/39th...which is kinda far down. Bills are even farther at 41.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be fine with either trade. This is a very weak draft, the weakest since 08. The talent difference between 20 and 40 isn't that great this year.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CapitalColts wrote:
I'd be fine with either trade. This is a very weak draft, the weakest since 08. The talent difference between 20 and 40 isn't that great this year.

If we could pick up an extra second next year, I'd be ecstatic. Then we could move up if we really like a guy or continue to trade down a bit if the talent sucks. As long as we use the picks wisely whereas the Pats keep holding onto the seconds and rarely use them to get anyone significant.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: