Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2 round mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
zelbell wrote:
Give the Browns Star...he's BPA by far and he'd help the 3-4 transition as a 3-4 end

as a 3-4 END??? theres no way star is an end. The browns need someone to fill that OLB position.

Taylor is 6'3 335 and projected to be a DE in our 3-4 alignment and Star is 6'4 325 so it is very possible but we badly need a OLB but its hard to pass up someone with the ability of Star at our pick

I'm just not that high on Star. I dont think he is as good as what people say he is. For a 3-4 defense to work you need that OLB position to get to the QB a lot, and Jones would do that for you.
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see the Eagles passing on Star if he is available at #4. Don't think Werner is a great prospect for the Eagles.

disaacs wrote:
The Eagles are going to implode. Book it.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
Very poor Vikings pick, unless they are trading Harvin, which you should specify, Austin adds nothing to the Vikings that Harvin doesn't already have, in this situation, I would say that Johnathan Banks is the best pick, or Xavier Rhodes.

Yeah you'd think, but then you give the Vikings Johnathon Banks and they all rip on you. Lol you just can't win.

Yea I know haha but the vikings defense stepped up when needed and they need someone else besides harvin and roudolph. Austin adds exactly what harvin adds which would be terriflying to the defense. Having two percey harvins, I think would be the best thing for the vikings, especially because they know how to get the most out of him.

Vikings have historically drafted BPA, which Austin wouldn't be, Banks likely would, and why would the Vikings take away potential touches by drafting someone who does the exact same thing, from an at times disgruntled WR, like I said, if they trade Harvin, it makes sense, otherwise it doesn't make sense, doesn't improve the offense, and doesn't improve the team.

BengalsEra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
Very poor Vikings pick, unless they are trading Harvin, which you should specify, Austin adds nothing to the Vikings that Harvin doesn't already have, in this situation, I would say that Johnathan Banks is the best pick, or Xavier Rhodes.

Yeah you'd think, but then you give the Vikings Johnathon Banks and they all rip on you. Lol you just can't win.

Yea I know haha but the vikings defense stepped up when needed and they need someone else besides harvin and roudolph. Austin adds exactly what harvin adds which would be terriflying to the defense. Having two percey harvins, I think would be the best thing for the vikings, especially because they know how to get the most out of him.

Vikings have historically drafted BPA, which Austin wouldn't be, Banks likely would, and why would the Vikings take away potential touches by drafting someone who does the exact same thing, from an at times disgruntled WR, like I said, if they trade Harvin, it makes sense, otherwise it doesn't make sense, doesn't improve the offense, and doesn't improve the team.

I does help out the team a lot because then there would be tw players that the other team has to gameplan for. and you could do plays to either side of the field and spread the defense out. I dont see why teams need a deep treat and a short guy. I want the bengals to draft another deep threat to take coverage away from aj green. I think that is the best thing the vikings could do for thier team.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star won't fall that far and if he did the Cards still wouldn't pick him

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings don't need another short receiver. In this case a very short one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:

Even if the Vikings do trade Harvin, drafting Austin wouldn't make any sense. If the Vikings do end up trading Harvin, it won't be just because he's disgruntled (though that will easily be the primary reason), but also because he's best as a slot receiver, where Wright has shown he can be a quality player, and because he's not much of a down field receiver. Harvin is best when he catches the ball in space, which usually happens near the line of scrimmage, and those plays make it easier to defend Peterson.

If Minnesota does go WR in the first, which is probably pretty likely, then DeAndre Hopkins or Justin Hunter would make way more sense.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the Patterson pick if Wallace leaves but even so I rather have the team focus on the defensive side of the ball at least in the first round.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible falcons pick we have one of the best safety tandems in the league and both of them are going to the Pro Bowl in William Moore and Thomas Decoud.

The Falcons needs in order are

DE, DT, RB, TE, and RG and maybe SLB that can cover.

Not even sure where you got SS as a need for us XD

Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB LSU would be a perfect pick for us with us adding in alot more 3/4 hybrid looks under Nolan. We need a guy like Mingo who can do 4-3 DE and 3/4 olb great versatility with him for us in both schemes.
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Terrible falcons pick we have one of the best safety tandems in the league and both of them are going to the Pro Bowl in William Moore and Thomas Decoud.

Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB LSU would be a perfect pick for us with us adding in alot more 3/4 hybrid looks under Nolan. We need a guy like Mingo who can do 4-3 DE and 3/4 olb great versatility with him for us in both schemes.

the falcons pass defense was horendous this year and I dont think that moore is very good.
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

the falcons pass defense was horendous this year and I dont think that moore is very good.

Um. No. Just no. Our pass defense was top notch. I'm guessing the only time you watched the Falcons all season was vs Seattle or San Fran where we were burned by tight ends. Even if that's a problem to be addressed in the first round, the secondary is NOT the way to go. The only way to solve that is with a OLB that can cover.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
zelbell wrote:
Give the Browns Star...he's BPA by far and he'd help the 3-4 transition as a 3-4 end

as a 3-4 END??? theres no way star is an end. The browns need someone to fill that OLB position.

Taylor is 6'3 335 and projected to be a DE in our 3-4 alignment and Star is 6'4 325 so it is very possible but we badly need a OLB but its hard to pass up someone with the ability of Star at our pick

You mean to tell me that Big Phil Taylor from Baylor isn't going to play NT for the Browns? What mammoth are they gonna put there?

Kiltman is the Ill(est) man
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willthethrill_H wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

Um. No. Just no. Our pass defense was top notch. I'm guessing the only time you watched the Falcons all season was vs Seattle or San Fran where we were burned by tight ends. Even if that's a problem to be addressed in the first round, the secondary is NOT the way to go. The only way to solve that is with a OLB that can cover.

uhhhh...... the falcons had the 23rd best pass defense this past year...... damn, they were spectacular. Oh, and by the way, safeties help against tightends
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
Willthethrill_H wrote:
BengalsEra wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

uhhhh...... the falcons had the 23rd best pass defense this past year...... damn, they were spectacular. Oh, and by the way, safeties help against tightends

Our Pass defense was good our Pass rushing was horrible. We were one of the worst rushing teams in the league. I don't care how good your Secondary is if you have to cover guys for 5+ seconds every down then your going to give up yards. You seriously can't sit there and tell me William Moore was a bad SS. You do know he is hands down one of the most liked and appreciated falcons on the roster right and even on this exact forums top safety's list he was ranked in the top 10 in the entire league on most peoples boards. Not just SS but FS and SS list.

You might not like him but the majority of the people do because he has proven to be a very good SS. You can't make a mock pick based on what you like or dislike on a team you make a mock pick based on what the team is expected to do and theirs no way anyone could expect them to drop a top 10 SS to draft one in the 1st round with us having so many more needs.

Us getting rid of William Moore after how he has played for us would be like Cincy getting rid of Leon Hall it just doesn't make sense at all both have played great for their teams.

I'll even say of the 4 secondary people we have Robinson, Sameuls, decoud, and moore. Moore would be the last to get rid of. In order we get rid of them it should be

Robinson 1st worst of the group
Decoud 2nd
Sameuls 3rd
Moore last best of the group.

Last edited by FalconFan13 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bleedin_Green36

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star to Philly IMO.

Doubt he makes it to 4, let alone 7.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: