Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Revis to Seattle?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Revis to Seattle? Reply with quote

Many sites have noted the Seahawks as a serious option for a landing spot for Darrelle Revis. Thoughts?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130940/article/darrelle-revis-which-teams-will-go-after-jets-cb

Quote:
Seattle Seahawks: The Seahawks love physical cornerbacks who can play man coverage tight to the line of scrimmage. They weren't afraid to be bold in past moves. They are in the NFC, which should be an advantage. And Jets GM John Idzik has a close relationship with the Seahawks front office. Despite a strong pair of starting cornerbacks, this could be the most logical fit.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130789/article/darrelle-revisnew-york-jets-trade-talk-heating-up

Quote:
What's the asking price? The Jets reportedly are seeking an exorbitant package including first- and second-round picks. While that's shooting for the moon on a player coming off anterior cruciate ligament surgery and entering the final year of his contract, there is no shortage of potential trade partners. The New England Patriots, Denver Broncos, San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers are said to be among the teams "highly interested" in Revis.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/latest-news/2013/1/25/3915550/darrelle-revis-trade-rumors-seahawks-reportedly-highly-interested

Quote:
Darrelle Revis is reportedly on the Jets' trade block, and with former Seahawks' VP of Football Administration John Idzik now the man in charge of hearing any offers in New York, it's pretty obvious that Seattle's name would come up as an interested party. According to Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com, the Seahawks are one of several teams that are 'highly interested' in Revis' services, though at this point in time it's way to early to early to read too much into that reported interest other than Seattle likes to stir the pot.

Seems like a really good scheme fit to me, but doesn't make very much sense. BB and Sherman are playing at a high level for peanuts, so I dont see why they would trade valuable picks for a guy set to make $6 million next year. However, Revis would be an ideal fit in this scheme, considering his agressive nature. He would make the best secondary in the league even better.

Thoughts? Would you want him? How much would you trade for him?

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we trade for Revis, I think Browner has to be part of the deal. Gives the Jets a starting CB on the cheap and allows us to send less picks the way of the Jets. Browner will have to get paid eventually as well.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
MAC DRE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think getting him would be a slap in the face to browner or even Sherman as well. Potentially could take Browners starting gig and then take Sherms rising spotlight. But then again Pete always preaches compete so bringing in the second best corner in the NFL would be pretty cool. He's wanting $16M a year on his new deal though. I don't know if we could afford that with all the young guys we need to re up soon. Wouldn't mind it though. Def would be the Miami heat of NFL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could definitely see a deal with Brandon Browner, if this were to happen.

You have to wonder how much of the (reported) desire for Revis comes from the fact that the new Jets GM is a former Hawk FO man. Also John Schneider is interested in any competent player that moves...
sirensong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherman Thomas Chancellor Revis

Oh man....

Oh lordy....

Yes plz!

Browner 2nd 5th would that even be in the ball park for what they would want?
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Sherman Thomas Chancellor Revis

Oh man....

Oh lordy....

Yes plz!

Browner 2nd 5th would that even be in the ball park for what they would want?

They would probably want the 1st rounder.

If we could somehow get Revis without giving up a 1st rounder or a stud youngster, I would be livid.
silus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has absolutely no chance of happening.

Revis is a guy that will hold out if offered a 10mil/yr offer. Seahawks have too many elite guys on the secondary, guys that were there from the beginning that need to be paid. Do you really want to cause a rift in such a strong unit? Right now they are all getting peanuts.

CB is already a strength and value for the team and it will be hard enough figuring out how to pay them all even before adding Revis to the mix. Not to mention this money could be better spent shoring up a weakness by picking up a guy like Paul Kruger.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks. I wouldn't even consider it for so many reasons.

1) Three (almost) holdouts before his rookie deal even expired. He held out as a rookie, in 2010 and then almost in 2012. He would have held out this year if his contract allowed him to. The only reason he didn't is because if he had held out, it would have forced him to stay in New York for three more years. The Jets were smart enough to anticipate his greed - are we stupid enough to ignore it? It's pretty clear to me that all this guy cares about his money and being the highest paid player in the league. Not the highest paid CB - the highest paid player. I don't feel like dealing with the drama of a guy who's going to hold out every 2 years to get another 10 million tacked on to his contract. Three holdouts in the span of one contract is unbelievable.

2) The asking price is going to be outrageous. Rumours are the starting price is multiple early picks - it's going to be a RGIII type deal. Obviously you're getting the best CB in the league but you're also getting him coming off a serious injury and is it worth jeopardizing that much when we've done so well building through the draft? Giving away that much when CB is a strength of this team does't help us address the pass rush or offense. History tells us that teams that sacrifice draft picks like this rarely end up the winners. Who ended up winning the Herschel Walker trade?

3) I doubht the Jets get the value they want in a trade and so Revis will play out the last year on his contract and then hit FA which will be a gong-show. This is all just a pipe dream. Revis will likely be a Jet in 2013. The only team I can see throwing some draft picks at the Jets are the Broncos who are in serious win-now mode with Manning.

Revis is amazing. There's no denying his talent and his impact on the field. He's the best CB I've ever seen play. I'm just not a fan of investing that much in one player. He would make our secondary the best in the league by a huge margin but I worry it will have an adverse afffect on the team as a whole. It will cost a serious percentage of the salary cap which limits our ability to re-sign guys we like and address needs in free agency elsewhere. It will cost us multiple draft picks - I would wager at least 3 picks in Rounds 1 & 2 which hinders our ability to build this team as a long-term contender. We got a good thing going - just need to tweak the pass rush and get some more talent on the offensive side of the ball. I'd love to havea guy with Revis talent if I was playing Madden but in real life it's not worth the risk and all the baggage he brings.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how keen I am on the idea, but if so I'd want to see Browner and maybe even Flynn a part of the transaction.

"We all we got, we all we need"
BlueOne

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we want Revis? Expensive and always wanting a new contract, and coming off an acl tear, and we have to pay whatever the trade would be. Browner is already quite good, no trade, much cheaper, and more likely to stick in Seattle at the end of his contract. Plus no injuries. I wouldn't even pick Revis up in FA at this point. 15 mil or whatever it is a year for someone coming off an acl tear? No thanks. This hawks team has other priorities.
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were able to sign henry melton in free agency I'd be all for making a trade for Revis, IF he would be willing to sign long term with Seattle. I'm assuming if a trade were to happen it'd look like Browner, Flynn and the #25 pick to the jets. A secondary of Revis, Sherman, Earl and Kam could be one of the best in the last 20+ years.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know what to say really. A healthy Revis sherm earl and kam would be nasty. but at what cost? we really need a pass rush
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
i dont know what to say really. A healthy Revis sherm earl and kam would be nasty. but at what cost? we really need a pass rush

if we trade flynn we open up a lot of cap as well
sirensong

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to do the deal if it includes our 1st. I would LOVE to get Revis but we would be upgrading our biggest strength. We need to focus on our weaknesses. As much as Id love to have him not at the cost of addressing our needs.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
I don't want to do the deal if it includes our 1st. I would LOVE to get Revis but we would be upgrading our biggest strength. We need to focus on our weaknesses. As much as Id love to have him not at the cost of addressing our needs.

Logical, and most would agree. However there is logic out there (Marcus Buckingham- discover your strengths) things focusing on making your strengths, stronger is what leads to dominance.

"We all we got, we all we need"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: