Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals sign former Bills, Jets LB Aaron Maybin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Thy better hope he can recapture his 2011 magic.

<3 them coverage sacks.

Why even sign this guy . . .

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
theJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
green24 wrote:
Thy better hope he can recapture his 2011 magic.

<3 them coverage sacks.

Why even sign this guy . . .

Same reason they signed Derrick Harvey and Jamaal Anderson last offseason. See if they can regain some mojo under Mike Zimmer. If not, camp body.

Harvey turned out to be a body, Anderson produced until he got hurt.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybin could be a serviceable CFL guy
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Aaron Maybin is still only 24-years old, quite surprising.

feels like he has been in the league alot longer than that Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Bengals love former first round picks. Almost our entire secondary is former first round picks: Leon Hall, Adam Jones, Terence Newman, Reggie Nelson, Nate Clements...

Yeah, good thing is that Zimmer and the DB coach maximizes the talent out of former picks.

It is. Maybin is an odd fit though. We like our DE's around 280 lbs. Maybin is what 240? 250 now maybe?

Really hope we don't try to make him a 4-3 OLB...

could he play the Von Miller role?

ukjets21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Aaron Maybin is still only 24-years old, quite surprising.

feels like he has been in the league alot longer than that Shocked

He came out incredibly young, same with Amobi Okoye who can't be much older than Maybin.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He couldn't crack a rotation on a team that has been in dire need of a pass rusher for years. As a Jets fan, trust me, he blows.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:

I doubt it, haha

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed for that possible potential of something happening but I think he is done.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I doubt it, haha

Well, his best trait was speed. Perhaps the CFL spacing would help him accelerate and work to his advantage.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He made a big splash in Jets TC this past season. Was the only players for weeks to record sacks and get good pressure, but vanished after that.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I doubt it, haha

Well, his best trait was speed. Perhaps the CFL spacing would help him accelerate and work to his advantage.

His problem at least when entering the league is he thought the game and lifestyle should be handed to him on a gold plate. He had no idea how tough the NFL would be and he was a one trick pony.

For him to go to the CFL i can see his attitude being "im going to run this league and dominate" which wouldn't be the case (ask Ricky Williams, Bart Andrus) Also Maybin being a guy from a big school like Penn St, I don't think he believes he deserves to go to a "lesser" league where you take commercial flights and depending on the city you play for you are not recognized. For American's coming over who are use to the big school life and boosters, it is a real culture shock to play in the CFL, you have to do it for the love of the game and I don't think Maybin does.

Imarobot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I doubt it, haha

His problem at least when entering the league is he thought the game and lifestyle should be handed to him on a gold plate. He had no idea how tough the NFL would be and he was a one trick pony.

For him to go to the CFL i can see his attitude being "im going to run this league and dominate" which wouldn't be the case (ask Ricky Williams, Bart Andrus) Also Maybin being a guy from a big school like Penn St, I don't think he believes he deserves to go to a "lesser" league where you take commercial flights and depending on the city you play for you are not recognized. For American's coming over who are use to the big school life and boosters, it is a real culture shock to play in the CFL, you have to do it for the love of the game and I don't think Maybin does.

That's a huge mischaracterization of Maybin. From watching multiple interviews with the guy and reports from teammate, Maybin is reportedly a very hard worker and doesn't think he deserves anything. Your description sounds like a completely different player.

Edit: and if I'm Maybin I'm saying screw football and pursuing my painting career. He's a hell of a talent.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

I doubt it, haha

That's a huge mischaracterization of Maybin. From watching multiple interviews with the guy and reports from teammate, Maybin is reportedly a very hard worker and doesn't think he deserves anything. Your description sounds like a completely different player.

Edit: and if I'm Maybin I'm saying screw football and pursuing my painting career. He's a hell of a talent.

I am basing this off of my experiences with him. His rookie year, he didn't take TC seriously, he goofed off and did not work hard. Then I beleive his second year with the Bills he weighed in at around 225-230 pounds. For an DE/OLB that is ridiculous. On top of that, he wasn't a good teammate, I remember a particular practise where he didn't play well at all, and then after Freddy broke off a nice run as was slowing it down, Maybin comes from behind and smokes him -then celebrates.

Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was drafted and continues to be signed in the hopes that he can realize the potential everybody thought he had.

I don't think he ever really had it in the first place, I think just like Amobi Okoye teams fell in love with a young athletic kid and hoped he'd fill out, he never did. I'll give him credit though, he did TRY to add weight and get bigger and become what we all thought he'd be. But the constant switching of positions and defensive schemes didn't help his growth. Thought he'd at least become a good situational pass rush guy but, I guess once teams adapted to taking away his speed he just had nothing left to offer.

I do think he should just say goodbye to the NFL and go to painting though, amazing artist. Like if you haven't seen his work, check it out, he's going to do something with that after his careers over I'm sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: