Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets could part ways with CB Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
Trading your best player while he's coming off a major injury is just bad business.

Agreed. If you really want to trade away a cornerstone player, Antonio Cromartie would make more sense. He is coming off the best season of his career and his value will probably never be higher.

AC even after a good year is NOT a cornerstone

He's a top 5 CB. That's a player you can build around.

#TeamManfred
TheWarriorFins

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlphaQHard wrote:
TheWarriorFins wrote:
Jets trade:
Revis

Seattle Trades:

2013 1st round pick

Marcus Trufant

Matt Flynn

2014 4th round pick

I never do trade scenarios
Laughing

Flynn might get cut so he's stock is down
Marcus Trufant isnt good

Of course he isn't because if he was seattle wouldn't really be that interested in the first place. I was just adding him since the jets are trading away Revis and they might need some depth. I'm not sure who's the jets current #2 CB is if revis is gone but maybe it's possible he could still start over him. Flynn won't be cut imo, but I think the Jets should bring in someone like him to bring competition in training camp. Hell who knows maybe it motivates sanchez to practice harder and get better:lol: Either way Jets fans from what I've read don't want to see sanchez starting next year, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind giving flynn a try or at least let a rookie develop under flynn if they draft one.

Edit: Wasn't the jets #2 CB Kyle wilson? I'm not sure if he was very good this season but he didn't look so good against us when gaffney burned him and got his first catch of the season.
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
The Jets have no leverage though. If they expect too much for him then he just leaves and they get nothing in return.

Besides the fact that the Jets can afford to pay him, but no one is sure if Woody Johnson actually wants to.
PurplePeterson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets would be smart trading Revis for 2 reasons:

Revis is coming back from a ACL tear, he might not be the same player as he once was

Revis is not even worth 60 million no matter how good he is
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not opposed to this. The Jets are a mess. They need a fresh start. Maybe trade him and use your two first round picks to trade up to get a QB this year or next year...and get rid of sanchez..hey it ain't all that bad.

As talented as Revis is, only a franchise QB can turn your team around at the current situation it's in.

You guys aren't bad but hey as fan of any NFL team we demand utmost exellence and you guys are no exception to that . Give up Revis to get a chance at a real QB who can really push you into that top tier of teams.

And from the looks of it your rivals the Dolphins have already figured that out with Tannehill.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
PurplePeterson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
I'm not opposed to this. The Jets are a mess. They need a fresh start. Maybe trade him and use your two first round picks to trade up to get a QB this year or next year...and get rid of sanchez..hey it ain't all that bad.

As talented as Revis is, only a franchise QB can turn your team around at the current situation it's in.

You guys aren't bad but hey as fan of any NFL team we demand utmost exellence and you guys are no exception to that . Give up Revis to get a chance at a real QB who can really push you into that top tier of teams.

And from the looks of it your rivals the Dolphins have already figured that out with Tannehill.

I doubt any team will give up 2 first round picks for Revis except for the Raiders but Al Davis is gone so that is moot
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a CB or Revis' caliber is a complete waste if your team is crap, which the Jets are. All Revis will end up doing is wasting the prime years of his career away for a team that will miss out on the postseason or struggle to make it there; just like Nnamdi did all those years in Oakland.

I think it's a win-win situation for both the player and the team if Revis is traded. Revis can potentially play for a contender and the Jets can get assets to help them in the future. They desperately need a QB and if trading Revis can help them land one, then do it.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Having a CB or Revis' caliber is a complete waste if your team is crap, which the Jets are. All Revis will end up doing is wasting the prime years of his career away for a team that will miss out on the postseason or struggle to make it there; just like Nnamdi did all those years in Oakland.

...completely ignoring that this team is only two years removed from back-to-back AFC Championship Games. Hmm.

Bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheWarriorFins wrote:
AlphaQHard wrote:
TheWarriorFins wrote:
Jets trade:
Revis

Seattle Trades:

2013 1st round pick

Marcus Trufant

Matt Flynn

2014 4th round pick

I never do trade scenarios
Laughing

Flynn might get cut so he's stock is down
Marcus Trufant isnt good

Of course he isn't because if he was seattle wouldn't really be that interested in the first place. I was just adding him since the jets are trading away Revis and they might need some depth. I'm not sure who's the jets current #2 CB is if revis is gone but maybe it's possible he could still start over him. Flynn won't be cut imo, but I think the Jets should bring in someone like him to bring competition in training camp. Hell who knows maybe it motivates sanchez to practice harder and get better:lol: Either way Jets fans from what I've read don't want to see sanchez starting next year, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind giving flynn a try or at least let a rookie develop under flynn if they draft one.

Edit: Wasn't the jets #2 CB Kyle wilson? I'm not sure if he was very good this season but he didn't look so good against us when gaffney burned him and got his first catch of the season.
This doesn't make sense though. Revis would be the slot corner if Browner and Sherman are both on the team, neither of them play the slot.

That's way expensive for a nickel corner. I don't see Seattle trading for him at all anyway. Too many good players that need to be paid instead of wasting half of it on one guy coming off an injury.

I think the Redskins would trade for him if they had a 1st to spend. Laughing

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
TomRalph

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

...completely ignoring that this team is only two years removed from back-to-back AFC Championship Games. Hmm.

Mark Sanchez will do that to a team.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I can see it being Denver, especially after the way the GOAT (imo) played against Baltimore....

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
justo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
justo wrote:
The Jets have no leverage though. If they expect too much for him then he just leaves and they get nothing in return.

Besides the fact that the Jets can afford to pay him, but no one is sure if Woody Johnson actually wants to.
Unless he does plan to pay him then they have 0 leverage Laughing Revis is the man right now. One player is holding them hostage. Look at the NBA and what Orlando/Howard went through.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Mark Sanchez will do that to a team.

Sanchez was part of those teams, don't get me wrong the guy was horrendous last year and his time as Jets starter is over, but that team has collapsed because the OL, RB and WR's collapsed. We aren't a bad team and trading Revis would doom us to obscurity for years and is about as stupid a move as can be made by a team.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Okay, and how did they do last year? The defense isn't as good as it was two years ago and the offense is God awful. Sanchez is probably the worst starting QB in the league right now.

Those two years ago aren't valid here.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Okay, and how did they do last year? The defense isn't as good as it was two years ago and the offense is God awful. Sanchez is probably the worst starting QB in the league right now.

Those two years ago aren't valid here.

The defense is fine. We need some new pass rushers, but it is still one of the best in the league.

#TeamManfred

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

Jump to: