Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Senior Bowl Mock-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Post Senior Bowl Mock- Reply with quote

Free Agency:

Louis Vasquez-G
Michael Johnson-DE/OLB
Brian Hartline-WR
Phil Dawson-PK
Alex Mack-C

Trades:

A) Cleveland to Miami-#6( Eric Fisher LT)
Miami to Cleveland-#12,#42

B) Cleveland to NY Jets-#12(Geno Smith)
NY Jets to Cleveland-#35,67 and 2014 #1pick

Draft:

35)Desmond Trufant-Cb
42)Larry Warford-OG
67)Tyler Bray-QB
68)Michael Williams-Te
101)Mike Gillislee-RB
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Post Senior Bowl Mock- Reply with quote

mkk wrote:
Free Agency:

Louis Vasquez-G
Michael Johnson-DE/OLB
Brian Hartline-WR
Phil Dawson-PK
Alex Mack-C

Trades:

Draft:

35)Desmond Trufant-Cb
42)Larry Warford-OG
67)Tyler Bray-QB
68)Michael Williams-Te
101)Mike Gillislee-RB

you trade around for all those picks and get one starter, a #2 CB and a bunch of backups.

Sign micheal Johnson even though cinci has more than enough money to retain him.

And leave a few big holes in the roster...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Senior Bowl Mock- Reply with quote

[quote="Dropkick_pride"][quote="mkk"]Free Agency:

Louis Vasquez-G
Michael Johnson-DE/OLB
Brian Hartline-WR
Phil Dawson-PK
Alex Mack-C

Trades:

Draft:

35)Desmond Trufant-Cb
42)Larry Warford-OG
67)Tyler Bray-QB
68)Michael Williams-Te
101)Mike Gillislee-RB[/quote]

you trade around for all those picks and get one starter, a #2 CB and a bunch of backups.

Sign micheal Johnson even though cinci has more than enough money to retain him.

And leave a few big holes in the roster...[/quote]

This draft is weak at the top and we need plenty still. I count 5 starters not including mack and dawson. Bray has all of the talent in the world and some really good stats. if Norv and chud can develop him its a grand slam.

Starters:
Vasquez and warford-og
Trufant -cb
Johnson-de/olb
williams-te who can block and catch!!!
Others:
Bray-dev qb with huge upside
gillislee-rb depth cheap
Hartline-#3 or #2 with solid hands and good speed.
Mack and dawson-let them finish careers in cleveland.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Post Senior Bowl Mock- Reply with quote

Since you didnt give a depth chart.... Ill guess at one for you.

the team has no Punter.

You ignored FS, even though its one of the biggest holes on the defense, and Horton likes to move his SS up in the box.

TE is really bad. Williams struggles to catch and doesnt exactly run routes. Cameron is a forever long project and Gonkowski is not "Gronk." Norv and Chud use TEs in their offense...

Overkilled OG position

Cinci has plenty of cash to resign Johnson and no reason to let him walk.

Very thin at WR... need at least one more.

ummm.... what else? leaves you with 58 guys on the roster... and a few more draft picks out in the wind.

QB: Weeden, Bray, McCoy, Lewis
RB: Richardson, Hardesty, Gillislee
FB: Marecic, Smelley
TE: Williams, Cameron, Gronkowski
WR: Gordon, Little, Benjamin, Hartline, Cooper
OT: Thomas, Miller
LG: Vasquez, Greco, Pinkston
C: Mack
RG: Warford, Lauvao, Shaw
RT: Schwartz, Cousins

DE: Taylor, Rucker
NT: Rubin, Kitchen
DE: Hughes, Winn, Sanford
OLB: M. Johnson, Gocong
ILB: Jackson, Fort, Moten
ILB: JM. Johnson, Carder, Robertson
OLB: Sheard, Adams, Acho
CB: Haden, Trufant, Skrine, Wade, Bademosi, Miller, Richardson
SS: Ward, Hagg
FS: Young, Gipson

P ?????
K Dawson.

I get the feeling I spent more time points out the flaws than you spent putting it together for the rest of us to read.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only guess why you traded completely out of the first round. My guess is you wanted the extra first next year to either get a very good q.b. or Clowney. If you want a q.b. next year than don't draft Bray. You did probably give us the best off. line in football but I'd rather just have one new guard than get a free safety.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
bulldog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't disagree with the thought process of trading down and out of the first round. I'm ok with that. I guess that just depends on who is there at 6.

There are three things I don't like at all.

1. Tyler Bray

2. Signing a FA guard AND drafted a guard in the second round. Overkill

3. The trade with the jets. If they are trading up for a QB (Geno won't be there, he'll be gone by 5, if not first overall) then I want their first as well.

A 2014 first round pick is the equivalent of a 2013 second round pick.

So you traded a high first round pick for two seconds and a third. And let a team get a franchise QB. No thanks.
mkk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason i traded out of round 1 was value and the jets pick will be top 5 next year in a better draft. Geno Smith is not a franchise qb and i will take that trade all day long. As far as 2 guards its what we needed last year and still need this year. This was an expansion caliber roster when heckert took over and he did not hit on all of his premium picks and would panic and trade up when he did not need to. Mike Johnson will probably see f.a. because mike brown is cheap and they will need to pay Atkins asap. bray in the 3rd round is worth the risk. In 2014 i would look at trading down and always having extra 2nd's and 3rd's going forward if the price was right and a blue chip player was not available.
bulldog

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkk wrote:
The reason i traded out of round 1 was value and the jets pick will be top 5 next year in a better draft. Geno Smith is not a franchise qb and i will take that trade all day long. As far as 2 guards its what we needed last year and still need this year. This was an expansion caliber roster when heckert took over and he did not hit on all of his premium picks and would panic and trade up when he did not need to. Mike Johnson will probably see f.a. because mike brown is cheap and they will need to pay Atkins asap.

all of this is wrong.

and you should never trade down banking on how a team will do next year. Thats a terrible idea. Everything though the Browns handed the Cowboys a top 5 pick, how did that work out?

how has Heckert not hit on all his premium picks? Weeden is up for debate and Hardesty was a failure. Everything else he nailed.

Geno Smith is a far better player than Ponder, Gabbert, Sanchez, Locker, or Tannehill ever were in college. He'll be a top 5 pick. I firmly believe that Barkley will as well.

QB's get over drafted. Every year. Fact.

Guards don't make championship teams. Spending a ton of FA money and a premium pick in the draft is wasteful. One of the two is fine, but not both.

on top of that, you ignored FS and the lack of depth at OLB. Both of which are more important that G.

I do agree about MJ though. Mike Brown is a cheap date.
mkk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you should never trade down banking on how a team will do next year. Thats a terrible idea. Everything though the Browns handed the Cowboys a top 5 pick, how did that work out?

The pick was #22 and i was against quinn then. He was and is to light in his loafers to lead men on the field.
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkk wrote:
bulldog wrote:

The pick was #22 and i was against quinn then. He was and is to light in his loafers to lead men on the field.

Wow... um... besides the obviously offensive implications there, I'm pretty sure Tom Brady is considered to be a GQ type and he's had no problem being a field general. This isnt meant to turn this thread into a Brady Quinn thread, I was just surprised you said that.
bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkk wrote:

I made no comment about quinn. He has nothing to do with what I said.

And you ignored everything else.
mkk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BwickBrownie"][quote="mkk"][quote="bulldog"]and you should never trade down banking on how a team will do next year. Thats a terrible idea. Everything though the Browns handed the Cowboys a top 5 pick, how did that work out?[/quote]

The pick was #22 and i was against quinn then.[b] He was and is to light in his loafers to lead men on the field.[/b][/quote]

Wow... um... besides the obviously offensive implications there, I'm pretty sure Tom Brady is considered to be a GQ type and he's had no problem being a field general. This isnt meant to turn this thread into a Brady Quinn thread, I was just surprised you said that.[/quote]

Brady is 0-2 in the super bowl since he went GQ. What is so offensive about the truth??
mkk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bulldog"][quote="mkk"]and you should never trade down banking on how a team will do next year. Thats a terrible idea. Everything though the Browns handed the Cowboys a top 5 pick, how did that work out?

The pick was #22 and i was against quinn then. He was and is to light in his loafers to lead men on the field.[/quote]

I made no comment about quinn. He has nothing to do with what I said.

And you ignored everything else.[/quote]

then what top 5 pick did the browns give the cowboys?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: