Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Thread - last page Josh Freeman - Giants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
rizzy wrote:
Looks like the Eagles got Kelly, Pretty much the one person I did not want them to get, well see if he can make use of all of their speed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8849699/chip-kelly-bolts-oregon-ducks-coach-philadelphia-eagles

What I have been saying forever to Eagles fans and buddies of mine is the reason the Eagles were so good for so long was because of Jimmy Johnson. The defenses he put out there year after year were awesome.

Kelly can be good, who knows but again it was never the HC for me when it came to the Eagles.

The addition of Pat Shumur as OC is an interesting (read: I wouldn't have done it) choice.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:
rizzy wrote:
Looks like the Eagles got Kelly, Pretty much the one person I did not want them to get, well see if he can make use of all of their speed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8849699/chip-kelly-bolts-oregon-ducks-coach-philadelphia-eagles

What I have been saying forever to Eagles fans and buddies of mine is the reason the Eagles were so good for so long was because of Jimmy Johnson. The defenses he put out there year after year were awesome.

Kelly can be good, who knows but again it was never the HC for me when it came to the Eagles.

The addition of Pat Shumur as OC is an interesting (read: I wouldn't have done it) choice.
Eagles fans seem to think they are switching to a 3-4 defense. Has Kelly made any statements regarding this? I thought they hadn't hired a D coordinator yet?
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Woz wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:
rizzy wrote:

Eagles fans seem to think they are switching to a 3-4 defense. Has Kelly made any statements regarding this? I thought they hadn't hired a D coordinator yet?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Ravens_LBs_coach_Ted_Monachino_latest_candidate_as_Eagles_defensive_coordinator_search_reaches_Super_Bowl_week.html

The theory is that they're waiting on a coordinator from one of the two teams in the Super Bowl. Since both teams run a 3-4, it's possible they're converting.

Bonus.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles just restructured Vick's deal. It's now a one-year deal where, according to JLC, he can make up to 10 million.

Who starts for the Eagles opening day?

mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Eagles just restructured Vick's deal. It's now a one-year deal where, according to JLC, he can make up to 10 million.

I think Vick does and I think you will see an offense similar to what Oregon ran, Carolina ran with Newton, we ran last year with RG3, and Seattle and SF ran.

Problem is, I don't see Vick staying healthy at all. This is definitely going to be a transition year for the eagles. I see them being in the cellar of the division for the second year in a row.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:

I think Vick does and I think you will see an offense similar to what Oregon ran, Carolina ran with Newton, we ran last year with RG3, and Seattle and SF ran.

Problem is, I don't see Vick staying healthy at all. This is definitely going to be a transition year for the eagles. I see them being in the cellar of the division for the second year in a row.

I think a bigger problem is that they're talking about converting to a 3-4. The main hole in their defense was the linebacking corps and now they're going to put more pressure for the talent to step up there?

Now, maybe they don't convert. But if they do, I think they're in serious trouble.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:

I think a bigger problem is that they're talking about converting to a 3-4. The main hole in their defense was the linebacking corps and now they're going to put more pressure for the talent to step up there?

Now, maybe they don't convert. But if they do, I think they're in serious trouble.
True because Trent Cole and Brandon Graham have never played OLB (although, I think each are athletic enough to play 3-4 OLB) Demeco Ryans has played 3-4 ILB, Mychal Kendriks played 3-4 LB at Cal.

They'd need a NT, maybe Brace is that guy or Antonio Dixon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:

True because Trent Cole and Brandon Graham have never played OLB (although, I think each are athletic enough to play 3-4 OLB) Demeco Ryans has played 3-4 ILB, Mychal Kendriks played 3-4 LB at Cal.

Except the reason the Texans traded Ryans is that he wasn't effective as a 3-4 ILB. As for Graham and Cole, it's not an athleticism issue as much as a muscle memory/instinct issue. How many arguments have we had about Orakpo being a 3-4 OLB? Another example is Andre Carter: spectacular 4-3 end, horrid 3-4 'backer.

They have Dixon, and the might get Brace, but whose their third down lineman?
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:

Except the reason the Texans traded Ryans is that he wasn't effective as a 3-4 ILB. As for Graham and Cole, it's not an athleticism issue as much as a muscle memory/instinct issue. How many arguments have we had about Orakpo being a 3-4 OLB? Another example is Andre Carter: spectacular 4-3 end, horrid 3-4 'backer.

demeco Ryan's wasn't that horrible as a 3-4 ilb, the texans just felt they had young players there that could do his job and they wanted the pick.

Their other 3-4 DEs would be Fletcher Cox and Cullen Jenkins (7 sacks in 2010 as 3-4 DE)
Woz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:

demeco Ryan's wasn't that horrible as a 3-4 ilb, the texans just felt they had young players there that could do his job and they wanted the pick.

Their other 3-4 DEs would be Fletcher Cox and Cullen Jenkins (7 sacks in 2010 as 3-4 DE)

Jenkins is a free agent, three years removed from playing a 3-4 end, and three years older.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the advantage of Cox was his penetration ability? Wouldn't moving to a 3-4 negate some of that?
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't understand the move to the 3-4 with their personnel, but one player I do think will turn into a beast in the 3-4 is Brandon Graham, he reminds me of Woodley...the UM connection might have something to do with that though.

mike23md on the sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Don't understand the move to the 3-4 with their personnel, but one player I do think will turn into a beast in the 3-4 is Brandon Graham, he reminds me of Woodley...the UM connection might have something to do with that though.
well he is also built just like Wiodley and is really athletic, as is Trent Cole on the other side. Heir problem as woz pointed out is getting acclimated to dropping in coverage and rushing from a standing position because they haven't had to do that before.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@NFL_ATL: Raiders' leading receiver last season. RT @MikeGarafolo: TE Brandon Myers has agreed to sign with the Giants.

@john_keim: Redskins had definitely maintained contact with TE Brandon Myers who signed with the giants. But Obviously wash wants freddie d back
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9273091/felix-jones-ex-dallas-cowboys-rb-joins-philadelphia-eagles

I'm not sure if his is an impact signing for the eagles or not, given Felix Jones' injury history but he does give them more speed and they already have a lot!
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@NFL_ATL: Charles Woodson's agent says the Giants 'have just put their toe in the water again' http://t.co/hirYZPaK4Y

Ugh. I don't want the Giants to get Woodson. That will make a weak point of their team a strength

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 44 of 55

Jump to: