Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Recruiting v. 11 - Cooks Pulls a Nkemdiche
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
ark23 wrote:
It's Bama's loss if they let Vonn Bell go. Can't believe the Vols are (likely) gonna win this one over OSU but Butch is out there recruiting hard, give him credit.

He's a top thirty player in this class. And someone who can play right away.

Now rams, I'm not gonna disagree with you - Bama or really any school in the country is not at the luxury to turn down Bell. Dude is a five star talent who you find a spot for. But Bama is LOADED at safety. HaHa Clinton-Dix, Vinnie Sunseri, Landon Collins, Eddie Williams, Nick Perry and Jarrick Williams should be back from an ACL tear I believe.

I'm not saying they should turn down Bell or even that they did, but Bama is incredibly talented back there.
The bold is correct, and there is no reason to elaborate.

It doesn't matter the conditions, Bell is likely to be the best S on the team at some point in his career. He's likely to be among the best 3 corners at some point to. His recruitment is simple:

1. you offer him
2. you make him a priority
3. if he wants to commit, you say yes

There's numerous reasons and scenarios why they may not have a spot for him. It's recruiting 101. He's not Bamas #1 target at the position and maybe they don't have him rated as highly as the scouting services do. Bama already has a boatload of safteys with great potential and several DB's in the fold. It's not that hard to comprehend.

Although none of this will matter when Jackson is a Nole. Pray
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a little digging and it sounds like Golson want's to follow his GF to Ole Miss and that's why he decommited... Laughing kids.
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
justo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Did a little digging and it sounds like Golson want's to follow his GF to Ole Miss and that's why he decommited... Laughing kids.
They pulled a Craig James! Hopefully Golson doesn't kill five hookers at Ole Miss.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Hatcher recommits back to USC. Good to finally lock up a DE with Torrodney's impending decommitment and the uncertainty with Fitts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing JUCO OL Chongo Kondolo committed to Tennessee last night.

A rumor floating around is Bell gave us a verbal, but that wouldn't make since as he is scheduled to be on live TV on NSD. I'll believe it if a better source steps forward.

Last thing I have is EJ Levenberry is visiting Thursday to avoid bad weather. Not sure how long he's staying but I'm hearing until Saturday. LB is our biggest need.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iowa flipped CB Desmond King (MI) 5-11/185 to Iowa from Ball State
3*.

Another poor year for Iowa.

#JDI
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delpanator23 wrote:
BBando wrote:
This Ole Miss class fells like the Clemson class a few years ago. They get 4-5 good players but after that it is crap.

Id disagree, we have a top 20 player at every position pretty much, with extreme talent on the Dline. LB and Oline is all we are missing but with Gohlson probably committing, that helps us a bit.

Not to mention, high impact players are what we need considering we are one of the youngest teams in the country, and probably the youngest in the SEC. We lose 3 starters, our #2 CB (replaced by Juco 4* Nic Brassell), our NT (replaced by 5* JUCO DT Lavon Hooks), and our RG (idk who will replace him) and a role player (Randall Mackey) who was our shift guy that could run and catch and make guys miss when Scott was tired and we have perfect replacements for him in a pair of 4* RB's Kailo Moore and Mark Dodson Jr.

They're freshman

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

skatebeanz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Juwaan Williams to Oregon.
Class coming back together. We just offered 4* LJ Moore. Too late TBH but...

If we could nab Prevot and a few others we could close strong.

Seems like Helf is more of a closer than Chip.

Sig bet
delpanator23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
delpanator23 wrote:
BBando wrote:
This Ole Miss class fells like the Clemson class a few years ago. They get 4-5 good players but after that it is crap.

Id disagree, we have a top 20 player at every position pretty much, with extreme talent on the Dline. LB and Oline is all we are missing but with Gohlson probably committing, that helps us a bit.

Not to mention, high impact players are what we need considering we are one of the youngest teams in the country, and probably the youngest in the SEC. We lose 3 starters, our #2 CB (replaced by Juco 4* Nic Brassell), our NT (replaced by 5* JUCO DT Lavon Hooks), and our RG (idk who will replace him) and a role player (Randall Mackey) who was our shift guy that could run and catch and make guys miss when Scott was tired and we have perfect replacements for him in a pair of 4* RB's Kailo Moore and Mark Dodson Jr.

They're freshman

I realize. I'd expect must to get red shirted. But with the guys we lost, we have juco guys that can replace them (Hooks and Brassell) and then with Mackeys utility role, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dodson Jr (an EE) get a few snaps, along with Kailo Moore who freeze has said has too much playmaking ability to keep on the bench the whole game as a freshman.

^^^Kempes on the sig!

Adopt a Dirty Bird: Kroy "The Beer Truck" Biermann
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

delpanator23 wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
delpanator23 wrote:
BBando wrote:

They're freshman

I realize. I'd expect must to get red shirted. But with the guys we lost, we have juco guys that can replace them (Hooks and Brassell) and then with Mackeys utility role, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dodson Jr (an EE) get a few snaps, along with Kailo Moore who freeze has said has too much playmaking ability to keep on the bench the whole game as a freshman.

I know. I just find a lot of incoming freshman projections to be rather silly. I love what Ole Miss is doing: infusing the program with talent.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

adam9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing Josh Dobbs may flip to Tennessee. Enjoyed his visit last weekend and his parents would love for him to stay closer to home. Would give us two good QBs with Dobbs and Ferguson. I personally like Ferguson a bit better, so I'm neutral as to whether we should use a scholarship on a second QB. Should get more word of this soon.. We shall see.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word round the campfire is that Eddie Vanderdoes is going to be a ND-Bama battle.

Hope it's more interesting than the last ND-Bama battle...

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
3*.

Nobody wants to go to Iowa. That program has crumbled over the last 5 years.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
3*.

Nobody wants to go to Iowa. That program has crumbled over the last 5 years.

Um. Duh? lol
Kirk gave up a long time ago, you can see it on the field, and he has only had success when he lucked into finding a QB to carry the team. See Stanzi.

#JDI
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Word round the campfire is that Eddie Vanderdoes is going to be a ND-Bama battle.

Hope it's more interesting than the last ND-Bama battle...
Literally never even heard that....I don't really buy it..

Kempes

#JDI

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 30 of 99

Jump to: