Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '13: Denver Broncos' War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marktheshark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns Trade Block:
Frostee Rucker (3rd-4th)

Browns are also moving to 3-4, might be able to move Mays pick up play/pick.

I like Rucker, think price would be about the same, Rucker brings some added depth and can play for Doom on running downs, he's constant gotten better thought his carear, and would bring a veteran poise and hunger to the lover room.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURINAITIS33 wrote:
I've been shopping Mays and his contract at 4 million and the fact that most see him at 3-4 inside is making him hard to trade. It's the fact that most 3-4 teams are close to the cap like the Eagles, Saints, Steelers and Jets, the Niners don't need him at all and the Chargers and Chiefs are in our division. So I see us probably releasing Mays and maybe trying to resign him in the Shark Tank.

Better off waiting if that's the case. If we've still got plenty of cap room with him on the roster, keep him on the roster as a valuable, albeit overpaid special teamer and backup MLB.

If we need to cut him to make more important moves than so be it but lets wait til that happens.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
LAURINAITIS33 wrote:
I've been shopping Mays and his contract at 4 million and the fact that most see him at 3-4 inside is making him hard to trade. It's the fact that most 3-4 teams are close to the cap like the Eagles, Saints, Steelers and Jets, the Niners don't need him at all and the Chargers and Chiefs are in our division. So I see us probably releasing Mays and maybe trying to resign him in the Shark Tank.

Better off waiting if that's the case. If we've still got plenty of cap room with him on the roster, keep him on the roster as a valuable, albeit overpaid special teamer and backup MLB.

If we need to cut him to make more important moves than so be it but lets wait til that happens.

If Hawthorne deal gets finalized, shopping Mays and DJ should be first priority.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
LAURINAITIS33 wrote:

If Hawthorne deal gets finalized, shopping Mays and DJ should be first priority.

Of course, but LAURINAITIS seemed to be saying that right now there's no market for Mays. All I'm saying is hold off on cutting him til it's absolutely necessary, as he's a valuable special teamer. If we end having $4m in cap room at the end, and no Joe Mays on the roster we'll look foolish.

Obviously the preference is to move he and DJ though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
LAURINAITIS33 wrote:

Of course, but LAURINAITIS seemed to be saying that right now there's no market for Mays. All I'm saying is hold off on cutting him til it's absolutely necessary, as he's a valuable special teamer. If we end having $4m in cap room at the end, and no Joe Mays on the roster we'll look foolish.

Sorry, thats what I meant. Try to trade Mays, if it doesnt work, then keep him as a backup and ST player. Hes still a good player and shouldnt be cut. That would be just senseless.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:

Dont worry we wont be releasing anyone at this point in time. Team should be well under the cap and we will be working on another 2 deals to enhance that further. If we are going to release anyone at this point it will only be players on current futures contracts signed within the last 2-3 weeks and that will be put to vote in here.

Sig by Lil Uno thanks bro.
LAURINAITIS33

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, nobody is getting cut until we absolutely need the cap space for something else. I was just saying you can't trade a player if there isn't no market for him.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think someone should start putting the pitch together for the Ryan Clady contract. We have to lock him up long-term or slap the tag on him. In FFMD, the time frame is only 2 days for this process.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pitch thing is my specialty but I don't think you really need a pitch for the franchise of your own player. Joe Thomas got 8 yrs/92 mill, so I figure Clady will be close to around 10 mill a year.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAURINAITIS33 wrote:
The pitch thing is my specialty but I don't think you really need a pitch for the franchise of your own player. Joe Thomas got 8 yrs/92 mill, so I figure Clady will be close to around 10 mill a year.

While I agree its easier to sign your own players, I believe the asking price is going to be ridiculous. Just pure speculation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cap number is 9.6 for offensive lineman, so I figure something with an average a little over 10 will get the job done.
LAURINAITIS33

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Saints will accept David Hawthorne for the 4th rd pick. So we will have to wait for the 2nd till turn it in.
M-High Marauder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of whether or not we get Hawthorne, my stance on Mays is that I would love to trade him, or keep him unless we absolutely need the cap space.

Yes, Mays is overpaid, but it makes no sense to cut him, just to cut him. As for his value, I would just be satisfied to get him off the books.

I would agree that Williams is probably our best bet to get value from a LB trade.

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M-High Marauder wrote:
Regardless of whether or not we get Hawthorne, my stance on Mays is that I would love to trade him, or keep him unless we absolutely need the cap space.

Yes, Mays is overpaid, but it makes no sense to cut him, just to cut him. As for his value, I would just be satisfied to get him off the books.

I would agree that Williams is probably our best bet to get value from a LB trade.

Think that is basically the consensus.

I say set DJ's price low and just get it over with quick and easy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best offer I've gotten for D.J. is a 5th (so far)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 5 of 41

Jump to: