Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 13 Pittsburgh Steelers : War (Room) Is the Answer!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polamalu and Clark? Who's going to be safety for us? Eh?
stefan52268

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think we should hold off on making it public on who we want to trade and or let go til we get the official numbers from the FFMD staff. Remember what happened last year with the Mike Wallace situation.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:

Youth will be served. Life sucks when you are 10M+ over the cap.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:

This is where you get creative. Have fun with the challenge.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

We've tried before. We get shot down... Remember when the "Trade Council" rejected our trade of a 5th rounder for Adam Carriker because he was a 1st rounder and should be traded for one Laughing
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
stillersenat wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

We've tried before. We get shot down... Remember when the "Trade Council" rejected our trade of a 5th rounder for Adam Carriker because he was a 1st rounder and should be traded for one Laughing

That trade will work now.

CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
Personally I think we should hold off on making it public on who we want to trade and or let go til we get the official numbers from the FFMD staff. Remember what happened last year with the Mike Wallace situation.

That situation made me want to quit FFMD for good. That was extremely frustrating, for no reason.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
So anyway, some free agents we might want to target:

QB - Matt Moore, Drew Stanton, Tarvaris Jackson, Seneca Wallace
RB - Tashard Choice, maybe Peyton Hillis if he's cheap
WR - Greg Jennings, Devin Aromashodu, Plaxico, Steve Smith (the Ram, not the Panther), Chaz Schilens, Michael Spurlock, and yes, we might want to look at signing Mike Wallace since "he is who we thought he was"
TE - Martellus Bennett, Dante Rosario, either of the Ravens' TEs (preferably Pitta)
OL - Andy Levitre, Max Starks, Ramon Foster

NT - Terrance Knighton, Aubrayo Franklin, Isaac Sopoaga
OLB - Paul Kruger, Cliff Avril (probably too $$)
ILB - Larry Grant
CB - Keenan Lewis, Aqib Talib (ha)
S - Jairus Byrd

since this is FFMD, we might have some $$$ to spend on a higher priced free agent, so I included a few of those

Thoughts on some FAs are:

Very Happy

As your capologist, I would like to say that almost all of this is a pipe dream. If I only have 2 restructurings to work with the best I can do is neutralize the 11M in dead money. my guess is that unless they change the rule, we will be trading Troy. Trading or releasing Keisel, Harrison, Colon, Taylor and possibly Miller.

fixed it for you

Time to say good-bye to Keisel, Taylor, and Colon. Keisel and Taylor's replacements are already on the roster and are far cheaper with no discernible drop in play, if any drop at all.

Colon sucks.

Harrison is expensive and unfortunately is a necessary cut. For FFMD purposes, I'm fine with releasing Heath but we will need to go for an experienced TE in FA. Harrison said he would resign for cheap, not sure how FFMD will handle it.

KJtheWicked wrote:
Is everyone cool with switching to a 1-gap 3-4 alignment?

[quote="43Mafia"]

*punt*

I'm fine with the 1-gap, especially if we move Deebo to ILB, otherwise, we'll need to draft a 245-lbish thumper, but those aren't tough to find (or go for Larry Grant)

Heyward - Ziggy/Mac/Ta'amu - Mac/Ziggy

jebrick wrote:
With Ziggy as NG/NT I would lose Spence because he will not be big enough

I'd lose him regardless.

We can't cut Clark. Honestly, he's not all that expensive, and I'd shop Troy but if we can only restructure 2 players, then we may as well not even bother. Just blow the whole team up since we're not even coming close to reality. Khan specifically worked the contracts so that the cap hit was easily restructured. That's why so much of the contracts are in base salaries, making them easy to extend/restructure. This is an absolutely moronic move by the "FFMD mods".

jebrick wrote:
If we can get a half eaten bag of chips for Colon I would take it

I'll go to the store, buy a bag of cheetos, eat half of them and give you the rest. Now cut that fat sack of garbage already, willya?

Again, if we are senselessly restricted to 2 restructures, then it doesn't matter. Just cut everybody and start over.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we have some issues to attend to but let's not go on a complete fire sale here Laughing

I don't mind moving Keisel and Taylor at all. Heath Miller? Really??
Aussie_steeler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With $54mill tied up in 3 LB positions, CB and SS something has to give on D.

Of those five I can see Taylor and Polamalu having realistic trade value in FFMD. Timmons definitely would but he has to be a keeper.

I could see someone like Miami being interested in Polamalu??

Many teams are starting to move their war room key discussions to google docs. Can I please be included when we make the move.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aussie_steeler wrote:

Many teams are starting to move their war room key discussions to google docs. Can I please be included when we make the move.

this is supposed to be strictly forbidden. Teams got docked for doing this last year.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By releasing Colon, Harrison and Keisel, we can get down to 114M. That includes 7.7M for signing all RFA and ERFA. This also includes the 2 restructures we have talked about.

You could shop Ike and consider franchising Lewis. Basically, shop Ike now and if you get a hit then franchise Lewis. Because this is FFMD, which has no basis on reality, Lewis can expect to get 8-12M per year.

I would also consider shopping/dropping Clark. Golden is there to take over. It would cost 1.25M in dead money and remove 3.5M in salary. More money to pursue FA

Apparently the FFMD staff is still discussing restructuring but I would not hold my breath.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
By releasing Colon, Harrison and Keisel, we can get down to 114M. That includes 7.7M for signing all RFA and ERFA. This also includes the 2 restructures we have talked about.

You could shop Ike and consider franchising Lewis. Basically, shop Ike now and if you get a hit then franchise Lewis. Because this is FFMD, which has no basis on reality, Lewis can expect to get 8-12M per year.

I would also consider shopping/dropping Clark. Golden is there to take over. It would cost 1.25M in dead money and remove 3.5M in salary. More money to pursue FA

Apparently the FFMD staff is still discussing restructuring but I would not hold my breath.

Nice work Jeb and I agree with your ideas. There are probably a few other reserve and back-up players we can release to save a little more cap space. Do you know if they are putting rule 51 protection in place?

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Nice work Jeb and I agree with your ideas. There are probably a few other reserve and back-up players we can release to save a little more cap space. Do you know if they are putting rule 51 protection in place?

Remember that only the top 51 count. If all goes as we have said we will have 35 under contract plus 7 RFA. Going with 5M to sign draft picks that would only leave about 5M to sign 4+ FA. (7RFA + 7 draft picks + 35 players = 49)

also not on my list is the Practice squad players which i think some of you are counting on to play next year.

kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:

1. Troy is far more expensive than Clark, and is far less likely to play 16 games. he also has much bigger trade value than Clark. If we're forced to move one of these 2 due to FFMD's ridiculous restructure/extension restrictions, then trade Troy and his enormous salary

2. I'd shop Ike unless we end up paying more for Keenan Lewis here in FFMD than we would for Ike. I wouldn't franchise Keenan Lewis nor would i pay him $8-$12 million. I'd draft a CB to replace him and I'd be just as confident in the rookie CB as I would in Keenan lewis repeating his 2012.

3. Cut Colon. Drop that turd on the sidewalk, step over, and don't look back

4. Look to trade Harrison and especially Keisel, who is healthy and played really well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 4 of 57

Jump to: