Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013: Buffalo WAR Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What sort of sandwiches do you want for the meetings?
Tuna
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Ham and cheese
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
meat meat and more sausage
35%
 35%  [ 20 ]
sandwiches? what is this, the seahawks forum or something?!
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
seriously bro, its saturday night, get a life
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
eat kitty litter
33%
 33%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 57

ianlewis16

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OWWWWWWWW

What's that, you guys want personalized sigs? If you think my hungover [inappropriate/removed] isn't already making them then you can shut up and where did this sentence end

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Players on the trade block that I'm interested in:
Antonio Cromartie
Kyle Wilson
David Hawthorne
Jon Vilma
Tramon Williams
Jason Babin
Tamba Hali
Steve Breaston
Elvis Dumerville
Harvey Dahl
Carlos Rogers
I think we should go after Hawthorne. Probably cheaper than Vilma and we need all the LBers help we can get.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianlewis16 wrote:
OWWWWWWWW

What's that, you guys want personalized sigs? If you think my hungover [inappropriate/removed] isn't already making them then you can shut up and where did this sentence end

I suppose I could use a new sig...
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Antonio Cromartie
Kyle Wilson
David Hawthorne
Jon Vilma
Tramon Williams
Jason Babin
Tamba Hali
Steve Breaston
Elvis Dumerville
Harvey Dahl
Carlos Rogers
I think we should go after Hawthorne. Probably cheaper than Vilma and we need all the LBers help we can get.

True, but do we want to trade for a guy like Hawthorne when we could possibly get a guy like Daryl Smith in FA?
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Antonio Cromartie
Kyle Wilson
David Hawthorne
Jon Vilma
Tramon Williams
Jason Babin
Tamba Hali
Steve Breaston
Elvis Dumerville
Harvey Dahl
Carlos Rogers

True, but do we want to trade for a guy like Hawthorne when we could possibly get a guy like Daryl Smith in FA?

I like pursing Daryl Smith over giving up picks for Hawthorne.

I think Vilma could be had for a pretty late pick. He thrives in 4-3 defenses, would be a solid pickup.

Any of the corners mentioned would be solid pickups for the right price.

I also think cutting Kelsay is a must. Most Bills fans have wanted him out for years at the moneys he's making.

LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See what Carolina wants for Thomas Davis? I'm also interested in Mike Boley. He's always been one of the best coverage Lbs in the NFL but had a real down year. Upgrade or outside passrush and I think hed be a boom here. Im also thinking we need to pursue Osi Umenyiora or Dwight Freeney hard in fA. Bring in Freeney and we have the best DL in the NFL.
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
EccentricFan wrote:
BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
And to free up some money, I'm in favor of arranging a change of scenery for Kelsay & Barnett.

I'm all for making these guys the first 2 on the block. Any others?

Three other guys worth considering for there sizable cap savings if cut.

1. Terrence McGee saves us $2.1 million.
2. George Wilson saves us $3.375 million.
3. Brad Smith $2.75 million.

I thought about those 3 as well, but didn't put them down. Wilson is the biggest risk of the 3. It might get challenging trying to replace him. Searcy did OK, but I could see him struggling.

Dumping McGee gets rid of an injury-prone player, but the quality of our depth is pretty weak IMO.

Half of our WR's stink...Smith ain't much as a WR, but he does add quite a bit to ST. (Keeping in character here!)

I'm not saying we should definitely cut all three of them, but I think at least one or two should go.

Terrence McGee is injury prone as you said, and George Wilson had a down season last year. Understandable for both as Wilson and McGee are getting old. Wilson will be 32 for the 2013 season and McGee will be turning 33 in October.

As for depth at WR and CB, I believe both positions are a priority regardless of if we cut these players. With a number of quality WRs in Free Agency, I'm hoping we can nab one of them, to address that issue. Which leaves us free to address CB with one of our top 3 picks.

If we cut Wilson, I would just move Aaron Williams to SS, which admittedly only makes CB depth worse. But hopefully we can re-sign McKelvin to help with that and continue to play return man. That would leave us Gilmore, Rodgers, Brooks, McKelvin, and probably a high round rookie.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ian - It looks like for your meeting...

the chef made something special for you!
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok... we are for sure going to cut Chris Kelsey and Brad Smith.
Savings = ~6.95M
If we cut George Wilson...
Savings = ~10.325M

We could trade for or sign a replacement S to pair with Byrd for a fraction of those savings. Louis Delmas for example of Detroit doesn't resign. His playing style is PERFECT if you pair with Byrd's coverage ability. Delmas' injury history is concerning, however. He can be very frustrating. But when he's on the field, Detroit's defense plays at a whole different level.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in regards to Tamba Hali... he is 270+ pounds and would be a a great pass rusher if we inherited a wide 9, which is equivalent to a 34 OLB except with the hand in the dirt. Mario Williams would benefit from this as well.

The only problem with the W9 is it puts us in a bad position to defend the run, so you need DE's that can react to the run and is good enough to play it. Mario is a perfect example. Hali, although he had a bad year playing the run, has always been good in that aspect of the game as well as being able to get to the QB.

Anthony Spencer would also be a fantastic option in the W9. Darius and Carrington are neither that great against the run, but Darius has so much room for improvement in that aspect and both are great rushing the passer. Kyle Williams, on the other hand, is fantastic in both the run and the pass. He's the perfect DT for the W9.

I really think this is something we should consider as a defensive scheme since we already have the personnel to make it work. Just a couple more pieces and we have the cap room to do it.
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they do let you make offers to players you cut yourself right? Most of the players we're considering cutting aren't likely to be hot commodities, and we may even be able to get one or two of them back at a greatly reduced price.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2013 tied up money: $109,139,724

C/t Chris Kelsay. Saves 4,175,000
C/t Nick Barnett. Saves 3,500,000
C/t George Wilson. Saves 3,375,000
C/t Brad Smith. Saves 2,750,000
C/t Scott Chandler. Saves 2,350,000

Those are the big money saving moves we could make to free up a lot of cash.

We also can restructure 2 contracts, saving us more money. We need to figure out something to do with Ryan Fitzpatrick. His salary this year is 10.45M but 10M is dead cap so it would be pointless letting him go. He has to be a restructure candidate.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they do let you make offers to players you cut yourself right? Most of the players we're considering cutting aren't likely to be hot commodities, and we may even be able to get one or two of them back at a greatly reduced price.

Truth. But you have to make the pitch to the agent and they'll probably turn down any offer to return.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
And in regards to Tamba Hali... he is 270+ pounds and would be a a great pass rusher if we inherited a wide 9, which is equivalent to a 34 OLB except with the hand in the dirt. Mario Williams would benefit from this as well.

The only problem with the W9 is it puts us in a bad position to defend the run, so you need DE's that can react to the run and is good enough to play it. Mario is a perfect example. Hali, although he had a bad year playing the run, has always been good in that aspect of the game as well as being able to get to the QB.

Anthony Spencer would also be a fantastic option in the W9. Darius and Carrington are neither that great against the run, but Darius has so much room for improvement in that aspect and both are great rushing the passer. Kyle Williams, on the other hand, is fantastic in both the run and the pass. He's the perfect DT for the W9.

I really think this is something we should consider as a defensive scheme since we already have the personnel to make it work. Just a couple more pieces and we have the cap room to do it.

I'm not familiar with the W9, but I'm willing to take a shot at it if our personnel matches up well for it. What about the LB? Do our LB fit the W9, or do we need to add to that as well? I mean, we'll be needing to add to our LB as it is, but do we need to bring in a different style of LB to fit the scheme?

I was thinking about Freeney as well, as he doesn't really fit in Indy's 3-4. I'd imagine he'd be very interested in playing on our DL, which would bode well for us in contract negotiations.
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
EccentricFan wrote:

Truth. But you have to make the pitch to the agent and they'll probably turn down any offer to return.

I understand they're probably going to be like that, but it's entirely possible Terrence McGee or George Wilson don't get any other offers. No matter who is representing the agent, I doubt they're going to make the player sit for a year rather than returning to their team.

Besides, it's not like there's no chance the agent would have them stay with the Bills even if there's competition. There are a number of real world examples where a player was cut and then re-signed by the same team in the same year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 7 of 100

Jump to: