Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TT as great GM must do this...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pack177AN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: TT as great GM must do this... Reply with quote

I fully believe in TT and MM as General Manager and Head Coach respectively. MM is the right HC for the future going forward, however IMO he needs to put his ego aside on this one.

IMO this would never happen but id like TT to sit with MM and have them agree to bring in an offensive coordinator. MM's offensive play calling has not been bad but its not been great by any means. And not just an OC to bounce ideas off, but to actually take over play calling. I mean lets face both teams in the Super Bowl have an OC and DC.

So if TT was a smart GM and asked for thoughts on possible OC canidates. Who would you like to see fill that position? College or someone within the NFL? The NFC whooped the AFC in the probowl. If im not mistaken the Packers assistant coach was calling the plays.

What do you think??
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: TT as great GM must do this... Reply with quote

Pack177AN wrote:
I fully believe in TT and MM as General Manager and Head Coach respectively. MM is the right HC for the future going forward, however IMO he needs to put his ego aside on this one.

IMO this would never happen but id like TT to sit with MM and have them agree to bring in an offensive coordinator. MM's offensive play calling has not been bad but its not been great by any means. And not just an OC to bounce ideas off, but to actually take over play calling. I mean lets face both teams in the Super Bowl have an OC and DC.

So if TT was a smart GM and asked for thoughts on possible OC canidates. Who would you like to see fill that position? College or someone within the NFL? The NFC whooped the AFC in the probowl. If im not mistaken the Packers assistant coach was calling the plays.

What do you think??

Logical fallacies galore.
Shish wrote:
Hyde just lost his cutlerginity.
jfinley88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: TT as great GM must do this... Reply with quote

TT needs to stop sitting on his hands and fix this!

Pack177AN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: TT as great GM must do this... Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Pack177AN wrote:

What do you think??

CentralFC let me ask you were you happy with the offensive this year? If its a possibility of no then you have to at least entertain the thought. Thats TT's job.
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: TT as great GM must do this... Reply with quote

Pack177AN wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Pack177AN wrote:

What do you think??

CentralFC let me ask you were you happy with the offensive this year? If its a possibility of no then you have to at least entertain the thought. Thats TT's job.

Whether he was or not we were 5th in the league in points scored with our both (probable) starting tackles on the IR, our starting running back on the IR, and both our number 1 and 2 wide receivers not being completely healthy. For me the only hole I see on this team is going to be running back, if we can get an AVERAGE one this offense will be unstoppable again IMO.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: TT as great GM must do this... Reply with quote

Pack177AN wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Pack177AN wrote:

What do you think??

Again, logical fallacies galore.

- Aaron played sub par by his monstrous standards.
- We should punish those who play sub par.
- Therefore we should release Aaron Rodgers.

See where this creates quite a dilemma? This offense was the best in the league given its circumstances.
Shish wrote:
Hyde just lost his cutlerginity.
KManX89

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would've been all for it IF we would've snagged Norv Turner while he was still available... imagine Arodg with Norv Turner as DC... *drool*
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
I would've been all for it IF we would've snagged Norv Turner while he was still available... imagine Arodg with Norv Turner as DC... *drool*

Yeah- he would have gotten sacked 70 times.

SMH.
driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pack177AN wrote:

What do you think??

if TT = 'this team' & MM = 'Marquand Manuel', then i fully agree with everything you just said...
Pugger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: TT as great GM must do this... Reply with quote

Pack177AN wrote:

What do you think??

It isn't TT's job to tell MM how to coach this team. His job is to assemble the talent for MM to do his job. Most folks in the league think MM is one of the best offensive minds in the game. When you consider all of the injuries to our O line and WR corps it is a wonder we were 11-4 and again won the division. Rodgers didn't have an other-worldly season like he did in 2011 but if you just look at his numbers and the hits he took he was remarkable yet again and would have been in the MVP conversation if not for AP and the return of P. Manning.

I wouldn't take anything that happened in the Pro-Bowl seriously either. The reason it was a blowout is because the NFC has more talent and the AFC turned the ball over a bunch of times.

Last edited by Pugger on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It HAD been too long since a TT ego post Laughing
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't we already have a "Take the playcalling away from MM" Thread? If I remember right the general consensus was roaring laughter.

Found it:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=510850
There was also this one:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=511678
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only ego they will need to monitor is Aaron Rodgers, you do not want him becoming bigger than the team the way that a certain #4 did. As much as TT and MM reeled that in, I think they will keep Rodgers in the right state of mind as well. I think Rodgers probably learned how NOT to become by watching #4 as well. So far so good. As for the original post in the thread, yeah, I think the point is way off base.
ChaRisMa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to get on his case here--

MM has never been the best playcaller. We need to take a small step back to traditional West Coast Offense. But its everything. Rodgers needs to take the easy first down instead of riskier throws. Brady mastered that discipline. We need a healthy line and a runningback that can convert third and 1 80% of the time. We need another slant route run each drive.

The offense just needs to get healthy and were very minor adjustments away from being a Super Bowl caliber offense if not already.

Talent up front on defense needs to get healthy, develop, and be added.
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
No need to get on his case here--

MM has never been the best playcaller. We need to take a small step back to traditional West Coast Offense. But its everything. Rodgers needs to take the easy first down instead of riskier throws. Brady mastered that discipline. We need a healthy line and a runningback that can convert third and 1 80% of the time. We need another slant route run each drive.

The offense just needs to get healthy and were very minor adjustments away from being a Super Bowl caliber offense if not already.

Talent up front on defense needs to get healthy, develop, and be added.

MM isn't really from the WCO school. He's from the Air Coreyll offensive family. Setting up the deep play and multiple formations/alignments from the same personnel is more from that school than slants and swing passes.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: