Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2013 Its Too Early Mock Draft & Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: The 2013 Its Too Early Mock Draft & Offseason Reply with quote

As far as the off season goes....

Resign :

1) Matt Moore
2) Pat Devlin
3) Reggie Bush
4) Chris Clemons
5) Sean Smith
6) Brian Hartline
7) Randy Starks
Cool Nate Garner
9) Austin Spitler
10) Jonathon Amaya

Everyone else can walk.

Free Agents

1) Mike Wallace WR
2) Jared Cook TE

Draft

Round 1
(12) Chance Warmack G Alabama - Simply in this scenario the beast player available. This also fills a need with upgrading the offensive line. If you want Tannehill to move forward and develop his skill set he needs better protection and better blocking for running plays.

Round 2
42) Lane Johnson T Oklahoma - Jake Long is gone and Jonathon Martin moves to LT. Will Johnson last till pick 42? Thats a fair question as he has been rising up draft boards. Given the fact that we have already drafted an offensive lineman in round 1, teams are thinking we go either WR or defense here. We fool them all and finally solidify our offensive line.

54) Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State - The defensive backfield needs a playmaker at cornerback. While Sean Smith is steady, to date he hassn't make the game changing plays. Poyer should fill that role and be starting when the season opens.

Round 3
77) John Simon DE Ohio State - Cameron Wake needs help from the other side. While I'm hopeful that Oliver Vernon will progress, Simon s the edge rush we need.

82) DJ Swearinger S South Carolina - In my opinion he was one of the best defensive backs in college for 2012. Pairing him up with Reshad Jones makes for a solid safety tandem.

Round 4
TBD) Jordan Reed TE Florida - We don't have a TE that poses a seam threat with speed. Reed will also help the wide receivers by forcing defenses into quicker coverage decisions or failed decisions which should in turn make Tannehills job easier.

Round 5
TBD) Aaron Mellette WR Elon - Who is going to be the best WR in the draft this year? Aaron Mellette is the correct answer. Think Brandon Marshall without the off field issues, teammate issues, management issues and dropping the ball issues. Add in making the impossible catch.

Round 7
TBD) David Bass DE Missouri Western State - An relatively unknown beast will help make Miamis front seven even more awesome than Chuck Norris.

Thats the draft barring any compensation picks at this juncture.

*OFFENSE*
QB: Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore, Pat Devlin
RB: Reggie Bush, Lamar Miller, Daniel Thomas, Marcus Thigpen
FB: Javorskie Lane
WR: Mike Wallace, Brian Hartline, Davone Bess, Rishard Matthews, Aaron Mellette
TE: Jared Cook, Jordan Reed, Charles Clay
LT: Jonathan Martin, Nate Garner
LG: Chance Warmack, Richie Incognito
C: Mike Pouncey, Josh Samuda
RG: John Jerry, Chandler Burden
RT: Lane Johnson, Will Yeatman

*DEFENSE*
DE: Cameron Wake, Derrick Shelby
DT: Paul Soliai, Kheeston Randall
DT: Jared Odrick, Randy Starks
DE: John Simon, Olivier Vernon, David Bass
OLB: Kevin Burnett, Jonathen Freeny
MLB: Karlos Dansby, Austin Spitler
OLB: Koa Misi, Josh Kaddu
CB: Jordan Poyer Richard Marshall
FS: Reshad Jones, Jonathon Amaya
SS: DJ Swearinger, Chris Clemons
CB: Sean Smith, Dmitri Patterson, Julian Posey

*SPECIAL TEAMS*
K: Dan Carpenter
P: Brandon Fields
LS: John Denney

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 15, Tackles 20 Assists 6 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 15 : Death 45 Joe 45
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Moore is not going to resign with Miami. He is going to go some where he has a chance to compete and start. I also think after watching tape that Warmack is not the right OL for a ZBS. I think the draft though is some great value and love the Wallace and Cook signings.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disagree with resigning bush and starks

not a fan of Warmack, so far

johnson won't last that far (awesome if he did though)

don't like reed in the 4th

Oh Man we are so Miami Dolphin!
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made no attempts to hide my love for Warmack and believe that he will be names to more all-pro team then anyone else in the draft.

Is Johnson drops to the 42 second pick he has to be the pick.

I actually have read quite a bit about Aaron Mellette having played against Elon in college I always tend to focus on players who may have a chance to be drafted from DII schools.

MY only real concern is how much different is Reed from Clay...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have incognito @ RG (his original position) than Jerry. You could have had a G as your 3rd FA.

Is Simon better than Vernon ?

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll address some of the comments here.

1) We have all heard Matt Moore wants a chance to start. Just where is that? Remember 2-3 qb's will be going round 1 and recent trends show quarterbacks drafted in round 1 start day 1. Alex Smith is seeking a release from the 49er's after the Super Bowl and is probably a more attractive option than Moore. Moore could be gone from the Dolphins in 2013, when you cross off the teams that are set at qb, teams that don't want to give up on their qb add in teams that draft a qb there are very few options out there. I believe that the probability is just as good for him to stay.

2) Watching Alabama play this year(against my will) I didn't see where Chance Warmack doesn't fit a ZBS. I saw him move extremely well whether in pass protection or running plays.

3) I'll go along with Incognito at RG. Where as John Jerry may still be on the Dolphins roster in 2014, I believe Richie will be gone no later than the end of this year.

4) Jordan Reed is looking like a mirror of Aaron Hernandez with a bit more height and speed. Once again my opinion.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 15, Tackles 20 Assists 6 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Maddogg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention I do believe John Simon will provide more in the pass rush than Vernon. Give Simon the same amount of defensive snaps as Vernon and the difference will be obvious.

Phinsfan93

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why resign Moore when he wants to start? That's wasted money. I'm still kind of 50-50 with Bush so....Warmack isn't going to be there at 12 and even if he was, fans would go irate with the pick although he might improve the O-Line. The same with Johnson who may be a 1st round pick, two offensive lineman in the 1st round would definitely put Ireland on a hit list. Poyer isn't going to last until the end of the 2nd, I like Simon in the 3rd, but Swearinger? He's a good prospect but will receive so many fines in the NFL. Don't think Reed is lasting until the middle of the 4th. As for the comparison with Clay, Reed is able to do more after the catch imo. Mellette is intriguing but didn't show anything at the Senior Bowl or the practices, I doubt he's the best receiver in this draft's class. Don't know too much about Bass but if he's a beast at DE sign him up. We also have an additional 7th if I'm not mistaken.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also may be getting a 6th round compensation pick.

So at this time I thought I would include in some players who have caught my attention in this years draft. Mostly they reflect mid to late round picks some may not even be drafted.

1) Robert Alford - CB Southeastern Louisiana
2) Brad Sorensen - QB Southern Utah
3) Jasper Collins - WR Mount Union
4) Miguel Maysonet - RB Stony Brook
5) JC Tretter - OG Cornell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: