Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD13 - War Room: Let's Do This Shiz!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabbisson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Any reason to trade Connolly? He's not on much money, has positional versatility. Unless someone wants to offer something crazy I don't see much reason to trade him straight up. As a makeweight in some larger trade, maybe, but lets wait to figure that all out.

I prefer Donald Thomas to Connolly.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:
Any reason to trade Connolly? He's not on much money, has positional versatility. Unless someone wants to offer something crazy I don't see much reason to trade him straight up. As a makeweight in some larger trade, maybe, but lets wait to figure that all out.

Same here. The question is whether or not Thomas can play RG equally as well as LG. His play at LG was really impressive, and my impression was that he was better at getting push on inside runs than anyone else we have. Can he flip sides, or is he a "left-handed" guy like Mankins or Light?

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
rabbisson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:

Same here. The question is whether or not Thomas can play RG equally as well as LG. His play at LG was really impressive, and my impression was that he was better at getting push on inside runs than anyone else we have. Can he flip sides, or is he a "left-handed" guy like Mankins or Light?

I thought he played five games at RG this year.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:

I believe that during the games Mankins was out, Thomas played LG and Connolly played RG.

rabbisson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:

I believe that during the games Mankins was out, Thomas played LG and Connolly played RG.

PFF has him at five RG starts, and he started at RG for the Dolphins before he came to NE. I think he can play both sides.

Iggles wrote:

Sciz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
PFF has him at five RG starts, and he started at RG for the Dolphins before he came to NE. I think he can play both sides.
He definitely didn't have five starts. I think it was 1, against the Cardinals, where he got beat pretty badly. Connolly started 14 games, Thomas 1, and the final one was where both Connolly and Mankins were out and the Pats went with Thomas at LG and McDonald at RG.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
rabbisson wrote:
He definitely didn't have five starts. I think it was 1, against the Cardinals, where he got beat pretty badly. Connolly started 14 games, Thomas 1, and the final one was where both Connolly and Mankins were out and the Pats went with Thomas at LG and McDonald at RG.

Well then, PFFs starts are very, very wrong Laughing.

I still think that he would be fine at the RG position though. Don't see him as a left handed player.

Iggles wrote:

goldfishwars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
OK, so I feel pretty comfortable announcing the staff at this point:

Assistant General Manager - goldfishwars

Capologist - homerjay24

Head Coach - TomRalph

QB Scout/Super Negotiator - NextBigThing

RB Scout - tbperk

WR/TE Scout - Canadian_Patriot

OL Scout - Jaymun

DL/LB Scout - I GET SAX

DB Scout - 24isthelaw

There are still some open positions, but we can consolidate most of them.

homer, I'll be in touch with you re: something special I want you to do. gfw, you can start talking to people about trades if you wish.

Let's keep formulating strategy in here for now - including who do we want to put on our trade block? I'm personally up for trading Dan Connolly if we can get a good offer.

Aces - guys drop me some names you think (I'll let Rab decide in which format we conduct these) we should move and likewise anyone you think we should covet and I'll put the feelers out and report back.
Jaymun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody open to the idea of trading Mankins? At least sending out feelers and seeing what kind of value other teams have on him?
TomRalph

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaymun wrote:
Anybody open to the idea of trading Mankins? At least sending out feelers and seeing what kind of value other teams have on him?

I think our cap hit is ridiculous should we trade him, I think he's one of those un-tradeable players solely as a result of the hit.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
TomRalph

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyson Alualu is available, maybe worth a shot at 3-Tech next to Wilfork?

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Jaymun wrote:

I think our cap hit is ridiculous should we trade him, I think he's one of those un-tradeable players solely as a result of the hit.

Yep - he has a signing bonus of 4 mil every year until 2015, plus misc fees of $250,000. All of that would be paid in one lump against your cap if we moved him on.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Tyson Alualu is available, maybe worth a shot at 3-Tech next to Wilfork?

More of a space eater than a penetrating tackle. I wouldn't bother. One of the 3 man front teams will trade for him and use him as a 5-technique I'd guess.

goldfishwars

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:

Becauase of SB's - it would cost as much to move Connolly as it would to have his wages off the cap.

Agreed locking up Thomas should be a priority - but a few teams could take a run at him as a UFA.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is NE up for trading Mallet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 4 of 58

Jump to: