Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ray Lewis may have used banned substance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I can feel a lock coming

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
RayReed2052 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/30/absence-of-failed-drug-tests-doesnt-exonerate-ray-lewis-from-igf-1-use/

The comments are hilarious

Quote:
I know of a white suite with a sizable blood sample that could clear this and another problem upů

Quote:
I never failed a drug test.

Worked well for Lance.

yeah, pure comedic gold, man.

really have nothing better to add as a moderator? I'd be ashamed as a 49er fan after your insight and impending Super Bowl loss Laughing

Eh? really that sour patch kid ?

ray rays cheating and some humor sarcasm never hurt putting a light on things.. dude sucking down salt licks and alfa alfa grass in a meadow like its no ones business and still has the balls to act like were ignorant of accusing him of using the powerful magical deer antler extract..

Well when most people think he's actually a murderer and now even more people think he's a cheater based on a laughable article...then yeah I'd say he's pretty spot on for calling you all ignorant.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt this break on media day? Couldnt this just be another hoax?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone, back to football.

How does this affect the Ravens? How does it affect Lewis' legacy? What rules/changes can be in place for the NFL to avoid situations like this in the future where it's just 1 players word vs allegations?

Last edited by tylerdouglass on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Oh I can feel a lock coming

I can smell it.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
How does this affect the Ravens? How does it affect Lewis' legacy? What rules/changes can be in place for the NFL to avoid situations like this in the future where it's just 1 players word vs allegations?

This whole report just seems like a bunch of malarkey. I'm waiting for concrete evidence and proof of how this is a punishable form of cheating before I start criticizing Ray.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:

1.) It doesn't.

2.) It doesn't, because it's just a completely false report. There'll be people in the future that look back at Ray and will say "Well, he killed a guy and then took HGH!" and everyone will laugh at those people.

3.) Not sure, but there's really nobody can do. People will make allegations all the time and all the players can do is shoot them down and prove people wrong.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

1.) It doesn't.

2.) It doesn't, because it's just a completely false report. There'll be people in the future that look back at Ray and will say "Well, he killed a guy and then took HGH!" and everyone will laugh at those people.

3.) Not sure, but there's really nobody can do. People will make allegations all the time and all the players can do is shoot them down and prove people wrong.

Blindly dismissing it is just as bad as blindly accepting it.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
I didn't watch the NFL during their first run so I don't know the scoop with Billick. I haven't looked at it in this light but I hope you're onto something. What was the story during xxxv with Billick anyways? The media didn't take to his arrogance well?
This was basically just a year after the Ray Lewis/Atlanta incident, so during SB week it was the story everyone in the media wanted to talk about. Rather than letting Ray take the brunt of the focus, Billick came out on Media Day and basically blasted the press, called them ambulance chasers, said they weren't qualified to be making the accusations they were making, etc. It was by design, in order to basically have Billick become the villain of the Super Bowl media narrative rather than Ray Lewis, and it helped keep the team focused on football rather than outside forces. And judging by the 27 point beatdown of the Giants and Ray's SB MVP performance, it's clear Billick pressed the right buttons.

Now, it's not like Ray encouraged this dubious story to come up now during SB week (whereas Billick intentionally made the story about him to shield his star player), but I'm hoping that it could have a similar effect, where all of the Ray Lewis noise makes it easier for the rest of the team to stay loose and focus on football. I think to an extent, part of the reason the organization allows Ray to become the center of the media's attention is because they know, both by his personality and by his past experience (the 2000 season in particular) that he's capable of handling that role and still getting it done on the field. I mean, without the Ray Lewis circus, the national media would have had a field day with Flacco calling the New York/New Jersey Super Bowl next year 'retarded,' and that could have been an unwelcome distraction and a bunch of stories being printed about just how disrespectful to the mental health community Joe Flacco is, etc. Instead, the media briefly made note of it and got back to the main event that they themselves anointed.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/01/23/sports/pro-football-billick-goes-on-offensive-in-defense-of-ray-lewis.html?n=Top%2fReference%2fTimes%20Topics%2fPeople%2fB%2fBillick%2c%20Brian

There's a really good discussion of it in Next Man Up, good read for any football fan (especially Ravens fans)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't believe people are actually surprised by this. he came back from a triceps tear in close to a month. That doesn't happen. Torn muscles don't heal that fast naturally. on top of that, suggs coming back from a torn achilles as quick as he did. A torn achilles used to be a minimum of a year recovery. I wish i had some of the water that they are drinking in baltimore when i tore my acl.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
titanrick wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
I basically agree with what you're saying. His ego is too big. He has been self-promoting a little too much for a lot of our tastes. Referring to yourself as a legend isn't very becoming.

Mancunian Raven wrote:
The increased self regard he's shown over this past month has been somewhat bothersome to me, even as a Ravens fan. But I get the feeling he's trying to spur his team on and trying to soak up all the attention to leave them free to get ready for the games. At least, I hope that's what he's been doing.

I'm always impressed by fans who aren't afraid to acknowledge the bad along with the good in their favorite team or player. Kudos, gentlemen.

Trust me when I say that there's probably not a fanbase that is more conflicted about Ray's media offensive over the past several weeks than Ravens fans. On the one hand, as long as we're winning I don't care how many times Ray shows off his buttcrack with 75 million cameras huddled around him, and it's clear that his on-the-field leadership and ability has provided a boost during this awesome playoff run. But for me at least, I feel like the over-emphasis on Ray, something that he has encouraged, has really taken away from the love and respect that the rest of the team deserves just as much as him. In particular, I've always been a bigger Ed Reed guy than I have been a Ray Lewis guy (at a base level I feel like all Ravens fans are either Team Ed Reed or Team Ray Lewis -- you either go all-in on Ray's theatrics or you gravitate more towards Ed Reed's more understated demeanor), so I think with all of the attention on Ray it's frustrating that people aren't realizing more the ramifications of this possibly being Ed's last days as a Raven as well. .

I've got to say, if I'm Team Anyone with the Ravens, it's Team Joe. I love Flacco's demeanour, both on and off the field (it's very similar to Ed's to be fair). Cool and poised, dismissive of stuff he doesn't like without being rude, always seeming to be totally confident in himself and his teammates.

A lot of fans have criticised him for not "showing fire" or getting loud and shouty on the sidelines, but that's just not who the guy is. Surely it's better for a team to look at their QB and see a guy who is calmly taking everything in and processing it than someone bitching at his O-line for missing a blocking assignment.

I love Ray Lewis, but I feel like he's a guy I wouldn't be able to deal with on a regular basis. At least, not with him in this evangelising preacher mode he's adopted.

I love Ed too, although his 'I might retire... no, I'm gonna play. I want a new contract... although I might retire' wears on my nerves during the off-season.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:

1.) It doesn't.

1.) I think the story itself has some affect on the Ravens. We wouldn't know what it is but we can take guesses and have conversations about it.

2.) It could, if there is an investigation or actual proof ever gets released and he gets caught in a lie. I don't think PED usage would affect his legacy even if he admitted to it. As far as laughing at "those" people, I think "those" people are in the majority. Its just that the majority of "those" people don't really care that he was involved with what he was involved in.

3.) Simple answer, test for everything. This means blood tests. Now, as long as the doctors don't fall too far behind the scientists the tests will show all banned substances and stimulates. So, if players are tested regularly for all banned substances claims like this wouldn't be nearly as concerning.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
3.) Simple answer, test for everything. This means blood tests. Now, as long as the doctors don't fall too far behind the scientists the tests will show all banned substances and stimulates. So, if players are tested regularly for all banned substances claims like this wouldn't be nearly as concerning.

I disagree only because the science to mask or create more difficultly-traced substances, when funded by millions of dollars, is always going to be a step ahead of the science to detect. I always chuckle when I hear the "I passed all the tests" line from athletes, whether it's Bonds or Clemens or Armstrong. It just means they have some masking techniques that they're confident in.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NewNutz wrote:
i can't believe people are actually surprised by this. he came back from a triceps tear in close to a month. That doesn't happen. Torn muscles don't heal that fast naturally. on top of that, suggs coming back from a torn achilles as quick as he did. A torn achilles used to be a minimum of a year recovery. I wish i had some of the water that they are drinking in baltimore when i tore my acl.

He came back in 12 weeks, closer to three months.

Suggs had an amazing recovery, but some of that is attributable to it being a partial tear, rather than a full tear as initially believed.

Both are impressive, but lets not act like they were impossible recoveries to try and fit it into the narrative that they must be using something. I realize that this is the NFL and many players may be using banned substances, even Ravens, but lets at least have the discussion within the realm of actual facts.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
He came back in 12 weeks, closer to three months.

Certainly doesn't convict him, but I've never heard of a player coming back from a completely torn triceps in the same season. Has it ever happened before (asking everyone)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 18 of 22

Jump to: