Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins interested in Revis? Trade suggestions here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So ace's argument is that the Redskins are going to trade Orakpo this season.

Every one else's argument is that its a ludicrous idea that we would trade Brian Orakpo.

If the right kind of deal comes along, why not? Lets just say that Pittsburgh offered up their 1st and 3rd? I could entertain that idea.

But not for another top notch player at their respective position coming off an injury and is going to ask for a huge payday. First of all, we cannot afford that. Secondly, we cannot afford that.

And who is to say that he doesnt leave in a year, he stalls on contract talks and walks away to San Fran or somewhere like that.

Just trading player for player doesnt really work in this league. There is a lot more on the backend of it that needs to be accounted for. This is not madden of FFMD and trades like this just don't "happen" Usually when a team wants a player, the reciprocating team wants picks for younger talent.

Also, I am not sure that Allen or Shanahan would want a Tim Tebow debacle in Washington and provide more scrutiny than praise. Its not a win win situation in the proposed trade by ace and really the Redskins will come out losing on the end of the deal because of Tebow, Revis and a large contract and we don't get any picks to replace the players we lost.

Good off season hypotheticals, but really its just all wishful thinking.

This deal does not happen. Haslett knows that Kerrigan needs Orakpo and that Haslett needs Orakpo. Especially cause Snyder loves Orakpo as he drafted him.

2015 REDSKINS DRAFT HOPEFUL
2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thinking about this "opportunity" and its my first post in here about it.

One word. NO. Honestly this is what we used to do. We used to give up picks to get someone else's guys. We used to overpay for players. We used to be the champs or more to the point the chumps of FA.

I know looking at how we got burned in the beginning of the year we all said man we need a shutdown corner. But the issue is more complicated than that. We also need a pass rush and this is what we were lacking with B. Orakpo gone since the second game. You see how the defense adjusted when we were bringing more pressure to the QBs the last few games? What if we can do that consistently without blitzing? If we can get Merriweather back healthy and pick a solid DB in the 2nd round this year and even get lucky with Jackson coming back (I know a few ifs here) we don't need Revis and certainly we don't need to trade any picks and pay him money we don't have.

I mean as much as I love Gibbs, the travesty he did to trade Bailey and a 2nd round pick to get Portis I don't want to repeat every again.

And another thing, this BS about even entertaining the though of trading Cousins is simply crazy. How long have we gone without a franchise QB? To have one and a apparently also a very good one for a backup is something we have not seen in our team since the late 80s. We don't know how long RGIII will take to be 100% and people want to trace Cousins? Are you kidding me?
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I asked in the other thread, how many guys who end up as the top star or stars on the free agent market actually pan out in the secondary? 16M/year with 60M guaranteed is pushing solid but not elite QB level. That's a whole lot of cheese for one guy at non-primo spot.

Also, while you might not like the trade or disagree with it vociferously, DO NOT attack the poster. If you disagree, disagree politely.
Dashing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
NO! We need Orakpo as evidence, look at last year and how much our Pass rush struggled without him and Carriker. You don't just trade away the best pass rusher you've had in a decade.

Also, there is absolutely Nothing I want with the #1 pick! Nothing!

Kerrigan is the best pass rusher we've had in a decade.

I honestly have no clue how you come up with this stuff? Kerrigan is a decent pass rusher but he doesn't possess the overall power Orakpo does to bull rush and he has very limited pass rush moves in general. Kerrigan tends to get sacks when pressure comes from elsewhere and he cherry picks. I'm amazed people still think Kerrigan is better after he was brutally exposed against Seattle...

Orakpo is a decent pass rusher too problem is they are 4-3 players and seattle dominated us because we couldnt stop the run nor have a secondary and again struggle against moblie qbs.

I agree with you but if any one doesnt want revis even tho this trade would never happen would be a fool since shutdown cbs are hard to find.

Heres hoping orakpo back healthy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: