Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Randy Moss Is Way More Talented Than Calvin Will Ever Be
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Considering the type of QB Montana was

What "type"? Oh, the same "type" Brady was pre Moss?

More referring to his utilizing short to intermediate routes across the middle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vEh9xD9qdo
reckless123

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Mod Voice:

Alright, im gonna lock this thread. NBT this thread wasnt necessary. Same arguments are going arise and will go nowhere.

So im gonna lock this...

"Champagne"..."Mountain Range"..."Hugs".
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that Moss was able to walk in as a rookie and be the most dynamic receiver in the league indicates to me he's more naturally talented. Johnson took some time to adjust.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unbelievable how some of you guys are acting like Calvin Johnson has surpassed Randy Moss Laughing. Not even close. IF Calvin stays on his current career trajectory then maybe it can be a conversation.

This thread should strictly be a debate between who was more athletic and physically talented in their prime, but it practically seems like people are making it a debate about who is/was a better receiver. Pretty sure I even saw a Lions fan call Randy Moss a one trick pony, yeah I guess he isn't the 2nd best receiver of all time because he was too unstoppable just running downfield and catching it every damn time.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
In Mod Voice:

Alright, im gonna lock this thread. NBT this thread wasnt necessary. Same arguments are going arise and will go nowhere.

So im gonna lock this...

...do I really sound like that? Confused

Anywho, all this thread equates out to is a Calvin Johnson vs Randy Moss debate. NBT, you have been here for a while - you DO know we have a Comparisons thread, correct? Where debates like this can take place, no?

Seems like you forgot. No problem - I'll move it, and ask you to refrain from making threads for a while. If you can't tell the difference between a General topic and a Comparisons topic, I think it is best served for you to sit from the sidelines, get a better feel of what we want from this site, and go forward.

I hope we can come to an understanding in regards to this request. Any questions, PM me. Thanks.

- ET

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
jofos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the discussion is about talent I don't think it is a contest. Moss was one of the most talented players I have ever seen. But I feel like some people are confussed and think this is a discussion about who is the GOAT.
Moss could have been in that discssion about GOAT but he took plays off didn't try at times, quit on his team too many times, and reguardless of numbers he took himself out of that discussion for most people.
Jamarcus Russell, Jeff George, and Ryan Leaf were all talented QBs, maybe more talented than Brady and Montana (at least in terms of arm strength) but they are all considered bust. Bo Jackson is also one of the most talented players I have ever seen but when I think of greatest RBs I don't think of Bo.
Moss had tons of talent no doubt but imagine what he could have been if he had the drive to be the best. Sad that we will never know.
Maverick12

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
It's unbelievable how some of you guys are acting like Calvin Johnson has surpassed Randy Moss Laughing. Not even close. IF Calvin stays on his current career trajectory then maybe it can be a conversation.

This thread should strictly be a debate between who was more athletic and physically talented in their prime, but it practically seems like people are making it a debate about who is/was a better receiver. Pretty sure I even saw a Lions fan call Randy Moss a one trick pony, yeah I guess he isn't the 2nd best receiver of all time because he was too unstoppable just running downfield and catching it every damn time.

Who's debating Calvin is already better? Confused The arguments for Calvin are that he could one day surpass Moss.

On the one-trick pony deal, that was me(at least you knew I was a Lions fan and not a Cowboys fan Wink ). That was strictly in response to NBT saying Calvin can't change direction and what not, where it couldn't be further from the truth. I was debating Calvin has developed his route running tremendously since his rookie year, and that he goes over the middle more than Moss did.

The one-trick pony thing I still stand by, he was just the best player in history at that trick, which was going deep and catching the ball. So yes, he can be a one-trick pony yet still be the second greatest receiver in football in my mind.

Team Stylish
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Again the highest RECORDED vert for Moss is 42". All the other stuff is rumor and myth. Whereas on LIVE TV CJ jumped 45".

Moss NEVER jumped on TV. There is no "highest" which you speak of.

I love how some argue my Moss facts are wrong at the same time others say I am too interested in him as a player.

Quote:
Scouts from nearly every NFL team were in attendance. He ran nearly 30 routes and caught every single pass. Moss ran the 40 yard dash twice, both times into the wind, with times ranging from 4.23 to 4.27 seconds. He hit 42 inches on his vertical jump. Displeased, Moss decided to do it again, this time measuring an incredible 47 inches. Moss did not run shuttle drills or attempt a long jump. Said one scout on hand, "He is the most physically impressive receiver we have ever scouted. He moves like nobody else". But will Moss's talent be enough to silence skeptics already worried he missed the combine over yet another untimely failed drug test?

Link?

Let's see I searched this quote and the only place I can find the result is this forum.....interesting.....

I guess slapping some quote tags around a statement is suppose to give it some legitimacy....

The highest I have seen actually recorded is 39 and in no place can I find source other then a blog that states he was higher then 42. In fact I can find no information on his pro-day outside of Wikipedia which is far from reliable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ2K>>>>>Moss

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Yfz01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick12 wrote:

The one-trick pony thing I still stand by, he was just the best player in history at that trick, which was going deep and catching the ball. So yes, he can be a one-trick pony yet still be the second greatest receiver in football in my mind.

After all the praise I have given the ride Maverick (Greatest coaster in the park, despite being unathletic in comparison to Top Thrill Dragster), I'm disappointed you ignored my post disputing the "One Trick Pony" label.

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Again the highest RECORDED vert for Moss is 42". All the other stuff is rumor and myth. Whereas on LIVE TV CJ jumped 45".

I love how some argue my Moss facts are wrong at the same time others say I am too interested in him as a player.

Quote:
Scouts from nearly every NFL team were in attendance. He ran nearly 30 routes and caught every single pass. Moss ran the 40 yard dash twice, both times into the wind, with times ranging from 4.23 to 4.27 seconds. He hit 42 inches on his vertical jump. Displeased, Moss decided to do it again, this time measuring an incredible 47 inches. Moss did not run shuttle drills or attempt a long jump. Said one scout on hand, "He is the most physically impressive receiver we have ever scouted. He moves like nobody else". But will Moss's talent be enough to silence skeptics already worried he missed the combine over yet another untimely failed drug test?

Link?

Let's see I searched this quote and the only place I can find the result is this forum.....interesting.....

I guess slapping some quote tags around a statement is suppose to give it some legitimacy....

The highest I have seen actually recorded is 39 and in no place can I find source other then a blog that states he was higher then 42. In fact I can find no information on his pro-day outside of Wikipedia which is far from reliable.

He already said it was from that ESPN article on his pro day.

Lil Uno with the sig.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
Maverick12 wrote:

After all the praise I have given the ride Maverick (Greatest coaster in the park, despite being unathletic in comparison to Top Thrill Dragster), I'm disappointed you ignored my post disputing the "One Trick Pony" label.

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:

Quote:

Link?

He already said it was from that ESPN article on his pro day.

The ESPN article that only appears on this forum.

Not to mention the fact that pro days aren't exactly the most objective source.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:

Hard to believe but in 97' not everything went directly on the internet.

Lil Uno with the sig.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

It would take an absolute miracle for no evidence of an article to appear on the internet. Even a reference on another site would suffice. There is literally no evidence outside of this thread.

What "ESPN article" is it, then? I'm pretty sure ESPN the magazine didn't even exist yet, and if it did, why does he have it lying around 15 years later?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A" google search" doesn't search old magazine and newspapers you have to pay $2.95 for, Wink
Yfz01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
Yfz01 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

It would take an absolute miracle for no evidence of an article to appear on the internet. Even a reference on another site would suffice. There is literally no evidence outside of this thread.

What "ESPN article" is it, then? I'm pretty sure ESPN the magazine didn't even exist yet, and if it did, why does he have it lying around 15 years later?

Sorry, he said Sports Illustrated. My mistake. Embarassed

Lil Uno with the sig.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 6 of 25

Jump to: