Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you like it when your teams players talk trash?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like it when your teams players talk trash?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 27 ]
No
62%
 62%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 72

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it, If they can back it up.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they can't back it up, or they talk trash after making a tackle on a a guy that they just let catch the ball for a 15yd gain (Cary Williams), then it annoys me a lot.

Even when they can back it up, it gets on my nerves a little. Just do your job, beat the other team, and you never need to say anything. Your actions will be more effective than any amount of trash talking.

Same goes for celebrations, dances and the like. I much prefer it when someone like Boldin just hands the ball to someone in the crowd without celebrating. 'Yeah, I scored a TD. It's my job. Carry on.'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's cool in rivialry games, like the Raven/Steelers, Redskins/Cowboys etc.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
To an extent. I think it's funny when Cortland Finnegan trolls. But I get pretty annoyed/angry at my guys when they celebrate stupid things like getting a first down or tackling a guy on the kickoff or stopping a HB for only a 2 yard gain. Think they should be saved for plays that mean something.

My personal favorite is when a RB runs for 10+ yards, or a receiver catches a pass downfield, and THEN they get lit up by a safety or corner or whatever, and then they trot around like they're all that. It's like no, moron, your team just allowed a big play, what on earth are you celebrating?

Especially since half the time, hits that LOOK big are not the ones that hurt anyway. So you allowed a big play, you didn't really bother the guy who made it until it was too late, and you're acting cocky.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis "Better Than Tony Moeaki" Kelce
41 catches, 542 yards, 4 TDs
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don'tc care if you do it, as long as when the games over, you show respect and cut the crap. On the field it is understandable, it's part of the game; getting into someones head. After the game, it is classless taunting. See Sherman and Trent Williams.

Revel8 wrote:
I believe I may have already found it. Not only the way to cure ebola, but every virus period.

PSN: ShiiNyIV
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really like it. If you really want to humiliate someone do it on the field. I feel like trash talking is just wasted energy, alot of trash talkers could be even better if they didn't do that on the side.

I respect humble quiet players. I started liking Dez and support him immensely when De'Angelo hall punched him on the field and he literally just almost walked away.

Dez also started getting better when he was more humble. He started to trash talk CB's less and he started playing better. Living evidence.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HATE IT

I wanted my players fired up, but humble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can back it up I see no reason not to talk trash. I love it. Get in the other guys' head, this isn't just a physical game.

Sherman says he does it to get inside the opposition's head. He wants them to throw his way so he taunts them until they do. I think it's brilliant.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on which player it is.
mco65

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a big fan of actions speak louder than words. So I prefer the players simply show up the other team by their play vs their mouths. I get that it is an emotional sport and sometimes emotions get the best of players and they run their mouths so I will forgive an occasional outburst but by in large, shut the hell up and play ball! Wink
but that's just me!

It is also been my experience that the majority of the trash talkers are mid level players vs elite players. Very few elite players have to talk trash, its the 2nd or lower tier players that do most of the trash talking to make up for obvious faults in their game.. before anyone goes bonkers, I said MAJORITY not ALL! Wink
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem with it if you're humble off the field.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the field I love it. Off the field, I prefer the players keep their mouths shut.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why fans are so angered by it and demand people who are the best at their job in the entire world be humble towards everyone.
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
I don't know why fans are so angered by it and demand people who are the best at their job in the entire world be humble towards everyone.

I don't see many (if any) people here who are angered by it, nor do I see many (if any) comments that suggest they're demanding these players be humble.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: