Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cap Situation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESKY008 wrote:
What do you think a fair trade for Beason would envolve. Say to the giants. You're new gm would have an inside track on a lot of their young under utilized players. They need a MLB.

I think you look at the Demeco Ryans trade from a few years ago, which was based around a 3rd and 4th round draft pick from the Eagles. Beason is better than Ryans, so you are probably looking at a high 2nd or early 3rd with some change on the back end from the Panthers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
ESKY008 wrote:
What do you think a fair trade for Beason would envolve. Say to the giants. You're new gm would have an inside track on a lot of their young under utilized players. They need a MLB.

I think you look at the Demeco Ryans trade from a few years ago, which was based around a 3rd and 4th round draft pick from the Eagles. Beason is better than Ryans, so you are probably looking at a high 2nd or early 3rd with some change on the back end from the Panthers.

Well, thats leaving out a big issue of Beason's: Injuries. I'd say he'd end up going for about the same as what Ryans went for.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feed back. Something like a 4 th maybe Marvin Austin and a cond 2014 pending playing time.
Punisher1380

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we not consider some type of trade. I dont want to just cut D Wills, Beason, or Gamble... If anything we work some sort of trade. These guys are valueable players at valueable positions. I would absolutely hate to see any of these guys not on the roster next year but if we have to get away we need to do so in some sort of trade for younger players or draft picks...
Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punisher1380 wrote:
Can we not consider some type of trade. I dont want to just cut D Wills, Beason, or Gamble... If anything we work some sort of trade. These guys are valueable players at valueable positions. I would absolutely hate to see any of these guys not on the roster next year but if we have to get away we need to do so in some sort of trade for younger players or draft picks...

Problem is, we have to be under the cap before the league year starts, which means no trades. There's going to be at least one, probably two big cuts.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Punisher1380 wrote:

Problem is, we have to be under the cap before the league year starts, which means no trades. There's going to be at least one, probably two big cuts.

It's sad that cutting Gamble is almost a guarantee because he played great last year. Wonder if he'll take a paycut and if so how much.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/02/09/3844489/panthers-offseason-guide-gettleman.html

Quote:
League sources expect Gettleman’s first major move to be the release of veteran cornerback Chris Gamble, which would free up $7.9 million in cap space. After that the decisions get trickier, such as whether to keep both high-priced running backs or part ways with franchise rushing leader DeAngelo Williams.

Shame. We have until March 12th at 4PM to be below the cap so expect a lot of decisions to be made on Beason, Williams, Gross, etc. If we do cut Beason, I'd expect us to do it the same way we did Wharton - we'd designate him as a June 1 cut. Though I would hope Beason would be reasonable enough to restructure with us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: