Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets could part ways with CB Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
The Jets aren't going anywhere until they get a new offense and QB, who knows how many years that will take.

Three teams made such a leap in one year just this past season.

I know that is not the true standard, but quick turnarounds seem to be the trend lately.

Things change fast in the NFL, you never know.

Is there any team that made a quick turnaround without a QB?

If not, who are the Jets going to find at QB to fix things? It's an awful year to be needing a QB.

They also said that the year that Colin Kaepernick, Andy Dalton, Cam Newton and Christian Ponder were in the draft. All have taken their teams to the playoffs aside from Newton.

If the Bengals can make the playoffs 2 years in a row without a good QB, I think the Jets can make the playoffs next year.

I remember in to 2011 season, everyone thought the Bengals would finish with a Top 5 pick.

FF had the Bengals finishing with the worst record in the NFL before the 2011 season started...
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
If the Bengals can make the playoffs 2 years in a row without a good QB, I think the Jets can make the playoffs next year.

Andy Dalton has some issues with his game but to go so far as to say he's not a good Quarterback is a serious exaggeration.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Jets fan, I feel like they will want more than picks. If i'm Idzik, i'm asking for a 1st, a late round pick, and a young pass rusher. Not saying a stud, but someone with upside.
JMG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
JMG wrote:

Andy Dalton has some issues with his game but to go so far as to say he's not a good Quarterback is a serious exaggeration.
Most people among these boards don't call him a good QB. Most people around here, including myself, leave him outside the Top 20 NFL starting QBs. If you don't agree with me, go check out the Rank the Starting QBs thread in NFL COM

[]_[] Family
JMG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
91jmay wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
JMG wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
The Jets aren't going anywhere until they get a new offense and QB, who knows how many years that will take.

Three teams made such a leap in one year just this past season.

I know that is not the true standard, but quick turnarounds seem to be the trend lately.

Things change fast in the NFL, you never know.

Is there any team that made a quick turnaround without a QB?

If not, who are the Jets going to find at QB to fix things? It's an awful year to be needing a QB.

They also said that the year that Colin Kaepernick, Andy Dalton, Cam Newton and Christian Ponder were in the draft. All have taken their teams to the playoffs aside from Newton.

Really, Kaepernick and Ponder "took" their teams to the playoffs?

Confused

You are genuinely denying Kaepernick's importance to the 9ers?

No, I'm genuinely asking if he "took" his team to the playoffs. The team was well on their way without him. They were on their way with Smith at the helm as well. I'm not ragging on him at all, he's a fantastic young QB and I would be ecstatic if the Saints brought in a clone of Kaepernick to replace Brees at some point.

Not to get farther off topic, I'll leave it at that. My definition of "taking" a team to the playoffs is apparently different than JMGs.

Sorry, I didn't mean to word it like that.

I was trying to say they were key assets that helped propel their teams to the playoffs. If the Jets somehow get a decent QB in this year's draft(someone like Andy Dalton's caliber or higher) I think they could make the playoffs next year.

[]_[] Family
x0x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would consider trading Revis for a lot.

Four 3rd Round picks would be nice.
jwalter_81

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having him in SF would be great and all, but at the price tag he is wanting? Not sure we need to go that route, especially with how good we play without him anyways on that side of the ball.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Revis will be a jet for a long time. Revis and the jets will get together and sign a big contract that works for both sides. I think it will be in the 6 year range around 100 mill. Revis finds out that he would rather have more years than two 3 year deals or a 4 or 5 year deal. I really do think this injury has changed him from a mental aspect. He realizes that his career can be over at any time.

All this trade talk is just smoke screens and they will only do this if they have a huge deal they can not turn down like 3 first round picks or two great starters and a first round pick. I think you pretty much have to sell the farm to get him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: