Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Unfair Super Bowl Advantage?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
???

It's New Orleans....

It's not Wisconsin.

Unnecessary jab... Laughing

ITS NOT THAT BAD HERE!!!!!

Smile

I was looking for a cold climate. Almost went with NY but chose Wisconsin instead! Wink

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Not a big deal, but at the same time I think it's still some sloppy organization on the host city and the NFL's part that they're hosting the SB in a year where Tulane's football facilties are being renovated.

How would new orleans organize a college they have no control over?

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well they put a curtain up. and they shared the field today. Very Happy

new sig... sorry alex
Ketchup

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
???

It's New Orleans....

It's not Wisconsin.

In Racine, which is 20 or so minutes south of Milwaukee, it's 8 degrees with a -9 degree wind chill. I mostly work outside so yes it is that bad, at least at the moment.

Kempes on the custom sig!
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Not a big deal, but at the same time I think it's still some sloppy organization on the host city and the NFL's part that they're hosting the SB in a year where Tulane's football facilties are being renovated.

I didn't know if he meant New Orleans the city, or New Orleans the team. Either way, it's neither of their responsibility, nor is it in their control.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

I didn't know if he meant New Orleans the city, or New Orleans the team. Either way, it's neither of their responsibility, nor is it in their control.
My point is that it's the host city's responsibility to provide acceptable and equitable training facilities for both teams. Whoever is organizing this Super Bowl doesn't necessarily dictate when Tulane renovates their facilities, but that doesn't mean that they're not at fault for an end result where one team practices in an indoor facility on the same surface of the Superdome and the other team is practicing outside in 20-25 mph winds on hard turf on an 80 yard converted baseball field. It's the Super Bowl, things shouldn't have to be that shoddy. Whether that means communicating better with Tulane on this process (they are, after all, a part of the process) or just making better secondary arrangements, I don't know. But it's definitely shoddy organization that it ended up getting changed around on the fly here at the last minute. Providing adequate training facilities for both participants should be one of the basic requirements when hosting a championship sporting event. If you can't do that properly, then there was an organizational failure at some point.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

My point is that it's the host city's responsibility to provide acceptable and equitable training facilities for both teams. Whoever is organizing this Super Bowl doesn't necessarily dictate when Tulane renovates their facilities, but that doesn't mean that they're not at fault for an end result where one team practices in an indoor facility on the same surface of the Superdome and the other team is practicing outside in 20-25 mph winds on hard turf on an 80 yard converted baseball field. It's the Super Bowl, things shouldn't have to be that shoddy. Whether that means communicating better with Tulane on this process (they are, after all, a part of the process) or just making better secondary arrangements, I don't know. But it's definitely shoddy organization that it ended up getting changed around on the fly here at the last minute. Providing adequate training facilities for both participants should be one of the basic requirements when hosting a championship sporting event. If you can't do that properly, then there was an organizational failure at some point.

Well maybe Tulane needs to start the renovations now so they can be ready for spring practice. They supplied a field for the ravens to use, I don't see how it's some conspiracy or tulane is being some villain here. Tulane is a private institution and doesn't answer to local or state officials. So I doubt they really care what's best for the NFL and superbowl. Probably just doing what's best for their university and no one should be blaming them for it.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

Well maybe Tulane needs to start the renovations now so they can be ready for spring practice. They supplied a field for the ravens to use, I don't see how it's some conspiracy or tulane is being some villain here. Tulane is a private institution and doesn't answer to local or state officials. So I doubt they really care what's best for the NFL and superbowl. Probably just doing what's best for their university and no one should be blaming them for it.

I don't think anyone is trying to villify Tulane. I believe what BTerp is trying to say is that this shouldn't even be an issue. When putting together the SB bid, it is the organizer's responsibility to make sure this doesn't happen. You're right, Tulane doesn't need to answer to state or local officials, but I seriously doubt the idea to use Tulane's facilities happened last week. If organizer's weren't communicating with Tulane about the facilities there certainly was an organizational failure at some point.

This doesn't change the outcome of the game one iota, but it is a bit bush league for an event that we would generally expect to be pretty darn seamless.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logansf wrote:
Because the 49ers can simulate crowd noise in their practice facility and the turf is identical to that in the superdome.

Its a neutral site, crowd noise is never a SB issue
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ram29jackson wrote:
Logansf wrote:
Because the 49ers can simulate crowd noise in their practice facility and the turf is identical to that in the superdome.

Its a neutral site, crowd noise is never a SB issue

that's not always true.

Some people estimated that Saints fans outnumbered Colts fans 4:1 at their Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If/when San Diego hosts a Superbowl I will be irate if they allow the Raiders, Patriots or Broncos use out facilities. I'd rather the NFC team be allowed in.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
???

It's New Orleans....

It's not Wisconsin.

In Racine, which is 20 or so minutes south of Milwaukee, it's 8 degrees with a -9 degree wind chill. I mostly work outside so yes it is that bad, at least at the moment.

I live right in between GB and Sturgeon Bay, trust me I know it is that bad and has been the last few days. We have such bi polar weather here, one day its 50, the next its 35 & raining, the next we get 8 inches of snow and it turns into 8 degree weather. It went in that cycle 3 times at least this winter...Laughing

Sig brought to you by Justo
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
Ketchup wrote:

I live right in between GB and Sturgeon Bay, trust me I know it is that bad and has been the last few days. We have such bi polar weather here, one day its 50, the next its 35 & raining, the next we get 8 inches of snow and it turns into 8 degree weather. It went in that cycle 3 times at least this winter...Laughing
It sure did! Crazy weather. The day it was in the 50's, i went to pull my car out of the garage and it steamed up instantly because it was at least 20 degrees colder in my garage (from the night before) then it was outside. The next day it's back down in the 20 to 30 range and the day after that it's in the single digits. Have to love Wisconsin man. Laughing

Kempes on the custom sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: