Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins Raising ticket and parking prices
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Redskins Raising ticket and parking prices Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/01/redskins-raising-ticket-and-parking-prices/

Great! Rolling Eyes Horrible decision by Snyder IMO. The raising of prices will drive even more fans away from the stadium and to their homes to watch the game on their 60 inch TVs with family and friends.

Quote:
The Redskins announced Thursday that they will be raising the prices for both their tickets and parking next season. In a press release, the Redskins said that the price of general admission seats will increase by “no more than 10 percent” while trumpeting several upgrades to FedEx Field as the rationale for the first price hike in seven years. The team also announced that the cost for parking will rise to $40 a game for the 2013 season.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think so. People are going to want to go to the game to see RGIII. He is trying to capitalize on the success.

But $40 a game for parking is really ridiculous.

Move to DC all ready. Dammit.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
I dont think so. People are going to want to go to the game to see RGIII. He is trying to capitalize on the success.

But $40 a game for parking is really ridiculous.

Move to DC all ready. Dammit.
well to me it's obvious they made this move because of the success of the team last year and rg3. I guess some fans won't see it like I will, but you won't see me at the stadium. It's freaking ridiculous
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Redskins Raising ticket and parking prices Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/01/redskins-raising-ticket-and-parking-prices/

Great! Rolling Eyes Horrible decision by Snyder IMO. The raising of prices will drive even more fans away from the stadium and to their homes to watch the game on their 60 inch TVs with family and friends.

Quote:
The Redskins announced Thursday that they will be raising the prices for both their tickets and parking next season. In a press release, the Redskins said that the price of general admission seats will increase by “no more than 10 percent” while trumpeting several upgrades to FedEx Field as the rationale for the first price hike in seven years. The team also announced that the cost for parking will rise to $40 a game for the 2013 season.

At least they had stopped jacking up the price while the team sucked. To be fair, the lost revenue from making the "party decks" had to come from somewhere.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Redskins Raising ticket and parking prices Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

At least they had stopped jacking up the price while the team sucked. To be fair, the lost revenue from making the "party decks" had to come from somewhere.

This was my first reaction too. They went many years without raising prices. And with the party decks and the team as exciting as it is and winning the division...if you cannot raise prices then, you can't any time...

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Slateman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not going. Still a crappy stadium, with crappy parking, in a crappy county, in a crappy state.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New screens at the stadium cost too.

But the positive. Hes putting something aside to rival Jerrys World one day. It will happen. And it wont be skimped on.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
mike23md

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:
New screens at the stadium cost too.

But the positive. Hes putting something aside to rival Jerrys World one day. It will happen. And it wont be skimped on.

well hopefully that spaceship lands in D.C. and not in Maryland. Last I checked it was the Washington Redskins, not the Landover Redskins, or the Maryland Redskins. Every other D.C. team, plays in D.C.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it lands in the countryside of VA or WVA mike.
Kinda like how Foxborough or East Rutherford are.

No worse traveling in the world than NVA DC and surrounding Maryland area.
I dont care if they move it to Washington state for the use of the Washington name. Id rather travel that distance than put up with that area of DC and all surrounding.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARROTHEAD wrote:

I dont care if they move it to Washington state for the use of the Washington name. Id rather travel that distance than put up with that area of DC and all surrounding.
yeah, just move the stadium further away from the city that bears the teams name, that makes sense...

The thing is that most of the fans of the skins live in the Nova, DC and MD area just outside DC. It doesn't make sense to make those fans drive further to rural va towards Richmond or WVA to go to a game.

It needs to be in Dc. The team is named the Washington, DC Redskins. Not the Laurel Redskins, not the Nova Redskins, not the rural va Redskins.

I'd love it if Snyder moved it by his house in Potomac, MD. I live 10 minutes from there. Wink
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm okay with this. For all the flack Snyder gets I'm pretty certain we've had one of the lowest ticket prices in the league.

I'm done bashing Snyder, sure he was a bonehead for a long time but just like a young player he's matured and seems to be turning into a savvy veteran. I'm very proud of Snyder for the change he's made I just hope he continues to do so...
Blknite01

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid 25 in parking to go see our boys play against Tampa, and I felt Dirty. I couldn't imagine. I'd just find a person's lot and walk my butt.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

yeah, just move the stadium further away from the city that bears the teams name, that makes sense...

The thing is that most of the fans of the skins live in the Nova, DC and MD area just outside DC. It doesn't make sense to make those fans drive further to rural va towards Richmond or WVA to go to a game.

It needs to be in Dc. The team is named the Washington, DC Redskins. Not the Laurel Redskins, not the Nova Redskins, not the rural va Redskins.

I'd love it if Snyder moved it by his house in Potomac, MD. I live 10 minutes from there. Wink

Pretty sure there's tons of VA fans. And we have the schlep to Landover. Why cannot it be the reverse? BTW - Nova includes out to Dulles/Leesburg as well. So its not like if they moved out there it would be too far.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
PARROTHEAD wrote:

Like NY and Boston teams showed. There are better places to put something than a dump of a city that takes forever to get around.

Put it off to the side.. Out by an interstate highway. Where even those stuck in that place can zip on out to in a breeze. Accommodate all those that want to go to a game. Not just slam it down in the ghetto cause of cheap condemned property like Baltimores.
Might make someone like you proud. But someone of my stature would be ashamed and embarrassed.

turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take advantage of Mass transit. Put it downtown again, right off the metro. Just like nats stadium, and Verizon center.

They are in the right places and are easily accessible to all fans. Nova fans and md fans can drive to the nearest metro and take it in if they don't want to drive to the stadium.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: