Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mooche's Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mooche

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Mooche's Mock Reply with quote

Free Agency

RESIGNED:

QB Drew Stanton
WR Donnie Avery
T Winston Justice
ILB Moise Fokou
CB Darius Butler
P Pat McAfee
T Jeff Linkenbach
HB Deji Karim
G Joe Reitz

ACQUIRED:

Anthony Spencer | Outside Linebacker | Dallas Cowboys

As much as it pains me to say, Dwight Freeney has played his final downs of football with the Indianapolis Colts. The Colts desperately need a first-class replacement, and they look no further than Anthony Spencer. Spencer is a fierce competitor, who capped off an exceptional season with the Cowboys totaling 11 sacks and 95 tackles. In this era of the NFL, there is such a premium on players who can disrupt the signal callers, and the Colts find their man to work alongside Robert Mathis.

Andy Levitre | Offensive Guard | Buffalo Bills

I lost count of how many times pressure was channeled up through the interior of the offensive line and thrown into Luck's face. It was pathetic. Levitre provides big time support, and could be plugged in right into the LG spot as a significant upgrade. Grigson acquires a talented player, who at the age of twenty-six, has a lot of life and will be a nice interior talent for years to come.

Donald Thomas | Offensive Guard | New England Patriots

Thomas is relatively unknown amongst the general landscape of the league, but any Pats fan will tell you, this guy was exceptional filling in over the course of this season. Adding Levitre from the Bills shores up the top end of the guard position, but Thomas would add further flexibility to the interior of the line. Even though I still have high hopes for Reitz, his injury concerns are alarming to say the least, and depth must continue to be added.

NFL Draft

1.24 - Johnthan Banks | Cornerback | Mississippi State

After this kind of slide, the Colts can't help but select the best talent left on the board in Banks. With all due respect to Butler and Vaughn, they are not suited to play the CB2 and that was extremely evident during the aerial onslaught conducted by the Baltimore Ravens. Slide Banks into the CB2 spot alongside Vontae Davis, and the Colts make pair up a dynamic cornerback duo for the future. Banks is a rangy defensive back who uses his body extremely well, and proved to be quite the ball-hawk at Mississippi State.

3.24 - Stepfan Taylor | Running Back | Stanford

Vick Ballard really emerged this year as a workhorse for the Colts, running the ball effectively between the tackles, and adding the toughness that the team has really lacked for quite some time. However, his decencies in pass-protection and receiving are too big to ignore, plug in Taylor from Stanford. Taylor is an exceptional pass blocking back who loves to step up and smack the opposition right in the mouth. The familiarity of playing in Pep Hamilton's scheme is so crucial, as he will be able to make an impact from day one.

4.24 - Jonathan Cyprien | Strong Safety | Florida International

The safety play for the Colts this past season left much to be desired. Since the days of Bob Sanders (the rare healthy ones) this squad hasn't had an aggressive safety who can step up and get his nose dirty to stop the run. Cyprien is the perfect candidate, and a great value at this spot, who will help provide that physical nature crucial from the SS position. His most effective positioning is be able to move freely around the line of scrimmage, and with that, he has shown many times on film the ability to punish the runner in the backfield.

6.24 - Tavarres King | Wide Receiver | Georgia

The Colts in the 2013 Draft did a tremendous job of adding big time play-makers at the wide receiver position. T.Y. Hilton, and to a lesser extent LaVon Brazill, proved that they could fly around the field and make big time plays. King isn't as quick as those guys, but he definitely knows how to run crisp routes, and possesses strong reliable hands. This roster definitely needs a wide-out who can move the sticks when Reggie decides to hang them up.

7.24 - Joe Kruger | Defensive End | Utah

With what was a surprise to the Utah nation, Joe Kruger announced that he would be declaring his eligibility to the 2013 Draft. The Colts still are looking for some reliability at the defensive end position in the 34 defense. At 6'7, 280 pounds, Kruger provides outstanding size and potential.

Well, I hope you guys enjoyed the mock. All comments and concerns are welcome!
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see, my 4 check marks for a great Colts mock
1 - McAfee resigned?
2 - Replace Freeney with competant 3-4OLB?
3 - Add interior line help?
4 - Kick Samson Satele to the curb?

just kidding, as far as the positions filled I'd be happy with this. As for the college prospects I'm not to familiar with them though I would love to refer to Step-fan as such on a regular basis. (to help me get over the downer over Fugger not making the team)
Nobody

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HUGE Cyprien fan. Love this.

I'd look at Louis Vasquez from the Chargers as well (not on top of the other two obviously, instead) and I'd like to sign a better RT, maybe Vollmer from NE.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Let me see, my 4 check marks for a great Colts mock
1 - McAfee resigned?
2 - Replace Freeney with competant 3-4OLB?
3 - Add interior line help?
4 - Kick Samson Satele to the curb?

just kidding, as far as the positions filled I'd be happy with this. As for the college prospects I'm not to familiar with them though I would love to refer to Step-fan as such on a regular basis. (to help me get over the downer over Fugger not making the team)

Thank you very much for the feedback! Well, Satele at this point (with the hit) to my knowledge isn't worth to dump. If I was running this team, I'd obviously give the nod to AQ to work the center position on a more frequent basis. He showed last year that he is capable, and at twenty six, he still has some great time to grow as a player yet.

Nobody wrote:
HUGE Cyprien fan. Love this.

I'd look at Louis Vasquez from the Chargers as well (not on top of the other two obviously, instead) and I'd like to sign a better RT, maybe Vollmer from NE.

If Cyprien is sitting at this spot come April.. I'll be drooling, aha. It's probably a pipe dream at this point to land him with his excellent showing at the Senior Bowl, but to be quite honest, I wouldn't be against throwing our third round choice at him. He's a great threat to stop the running game, and his coverage skills definitely are better than I expected at this point. I think athletically he is ready for the NFL game, and he would make a great impact for this team right off the bat. As for the other linemen, I just left the carousel open at RT at this point. I'm not as down on Winston as some other people, as I think he could actually be serviceable.. if he is able to avoid the injury bug. He isn't the long term solution, I'm not saying that, but at this point with Link providing average depth, I think we can get away with that line-up until next season. Depending on how the board shakes out, I could even see the Colts making a move on Lane Johnson from Oklahoma if he is there and some of the other defensive studs are gone. He's just been picking up great steam recently, and even though he is very raw, I'd be ecstatic to have him and Castonzo as our book-ends for the future.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job I really like this!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wayne87reggie wrote:
Great job I really like this!

Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: