Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Back at Draft Grades
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually loved Seattles draft. I think I said it was the 3rd best. Irvin was my 18th overall player and that was only because I wanted to see how he did in coverage, his pass rushing would have had him higher than 18th. Wagner was a solid pick IMO. I didn't expect Wilson to do what he did, but I thought he'd be a nice development guy (he exceeded that a little). Turbin is about what I thought he was.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodhi wrote:
The 49ers were given a poor grade in 2011. I mostly saw Cs. It turned into arguably the greatest draft of all time. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a better one.

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendal Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller

If by all time, you mean since 2011.....then I guess you have a case.

If by all time you mean ever...you really dont have much knowledge of NFL history. No offense, but thats the truth. Aldon Smith is the only one at this point you could argue is even an elite playe in TODAYS league. Kaep could get there, but still has yet to play a full season. The others arent even top 15 at their respective positions in todays league.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
AQuintus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
Yep. Weren't the Vikings lauded for getting Everson Griffen in the 4th round of the 2010 draft? Yeah, how did that work out?

Confused

It worked out extremely well. Griffen was excellent for the Vikings this year.
neezy007

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bodhi wrote:
The 49ers were given a poor grade in 2011. I mostly saw Cs. It turned into arguably the greatest draft of all time. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a better one.

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendal Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller

If by all time you mean ever...you really dont have much knowledge of NFL history. No offense, but thats the truth. Aldon Smith is the only one at this point you could argue is even an elite playe in TODAYS league. Kaep could get there, but still has yet to play a full season. The others arent even top 15 at their respective positions in todays league.

It was a good niners draft. Cully is a good corner, I've heard people say Miller is a top FB, everyone knows about Smith, Hunter looks like he could take over for Gore, and Kaep looks like he could be a future top 5 QB. Now it's not the best draft ever, and please don't let this post represent the Niners fan base, but it was a very good draft especially considering everyone said it sucked.
Kikuchiyo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bodhi wrote:

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendal Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller

Bruce Miller is at least a top 10 FB. He received two votes for the All-Pro team which placed him sixth in the league. Dude is a monster run blocker.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
chamilitary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Bodhi wrote:

Aldon Smith
Colin Kaepernick
Chris Culliver
Kendal Hunter
Daniel Kilgore
Bruce Miller

It was a good niners draft. Cully is a good corner, I've heard people say Miller is a top FB, everyone knows about Smith, Hunter looks like he could take over for Gore, and Kaep looks like he could be a future top 5 QB. Now it's not the best draft ever, and please don't let this post represent the Niners fan base, but it was a very good draft especially considering everyone said it sucked.
don't forget kilgore, who gets playing time in basically every game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: