Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 Washington Redskins WAR ROOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

If I'm trading Orakpo to Oakland, I'm asking for #3 overall and Michael Huff and I'm not budging. We get a starting FS and we'd be able to draft a pass rusher to replace Orakpo, a Tackle like Luke Joeckel ( who I wouldn't be too happy about because he's never played RT) or a CB like Milliner. We would hurt our pass rush by losing Orakpo Sad but fix our secondary problems with that move.

I doubt any team goes for a trade like that though and frankly, I'd rather keep Orakpo.

Yeah no one is trading that for a guy who had 10+ sacks once in his career.
Who else is on your trade block? What's your cap situation?
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

If I'm trading Orakpo to Oakland, I'm asking for #3 overall and Michael Huff and I'm not budging. We get a starting FS and we'd be able to draft a pass rusher to replace Orakpo, a Tackle like Luke Joeckel ( who I wouldn't be too happy about because he's never played RT) or a CB like Milliner. We would hurt our pass rush by losing Orakpo Sad but fix our secondary problems with that move.

I doubt any team goes for a trade like that though and frankly, I'd rather keep Orakpo.

Yeah no one is trading that for a guy who had 10+ sacks once in his career.
Who else is on your trade block? What's your cap situation?
thats good because we dont want to trade him anyways, he's just entering his prime. I think he will only get better for the next 5 years.

Well we'd trade Santana Moss for a 4th but I doubt we have any takers because he's going to be 34 but that's about it. We love our young team and just look forward to FA and the draft to improve our young team.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFMD '13 ROSTERS

These Rosters will be LOCKED (barring catastrophic or equation issues) tonight at 8:00 PM EST. If you see an error, please contact me either via PM (include team in subject line) or in the Roster Correction Thread

Thank you;

EZ
daboyle250

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
FFMD '13 ROSTERS

These Rosters will be LOCKED (barring catastrophic or equation issues) tonight at 8:00 PM EST. If you see an error, please contact me either via PM (include team in subject line) or in the Roster Correction Thread

Thank you;

EZ

Thanks for letting us know, EZ.

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
FFMD '13 ROSTERS

Thank you;

EZ
DHalls contract is wrong. He is due 8.3 million, none guarenteed. If we cut him we have no dead $.

http://www.thehogs.net/washington-redskins/salary.php
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone break down that DeAngello Hall contract for me, im getting conflict numbers from different sites.

Thanks;

EZ
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Someone break down that DeAngello Hall contract for me, im getting conflict numbers from different sites.

Thanks;

EZ
i just pmed you. It is 8.3 million, 8 million salary, 300,000 work out bonus. No guarenteed $. That was paid to him in 2010 during the uncapped year. DHall is a reason why we unfairly have a cap hit the past two years coming from Mara.
daboyle250

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:

Thanks;

EZ

Spotrac and Rotoworld have the same numbers while others are different. And can someone help me with what rule of 51 is?

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I'm still cleaning up the stains in my pants! Laughing
Ewwww.
worse thing is they've been there since Shanahan was fired
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Thanks;

EZ

Spotrac and Rotoworld have the same numbers while others are different. And can someone help me with what rule of 51 is?
the sites that aren't redskins sites didnt factor in when Hall renegotiated in 2010. We gave him all his guarenteed $ in the uncapped year and he's part of the reason why we have the $18 million cap hit
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daboyle250 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Thanks;

EZ

Only the 51 most expensive players on your roster count against the cap. You can keep up to 90 players on your roster. Players 52 to 90 wouldn't count against your cap. That's the real NFL rule.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Thanks;

EZ

the sites that aren't redskins sites didnt factor in when Hall renegotiated in 2010. We gave him all his guarenteed $ in the uncapped year and he's part of the reason why we have the $18 million cap hit

The intent to get away with giving huge bonuses to players in the uncapped year is the reason. How the NFL accounted it isn't quite clear. it's quite possible they still prorated it over mutiple years.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Thanks;

EZ

Only the 51 most expensive players on your roster count against the cap. You can keep up to 90 players on your roster. Players 52 to 90 wouldn't count against your cap. That's the real NFL rule.
thank you. I didn't know that either. Learn something new everyday Cool
mike23md

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the washington post in 2009 when Hall signed:

Quote:
The Washington Redskins accomplished a primary offseason objective late last night, agreeing to terms on a six-year contract worth up to $55 million with cornerback DeAngelo Hall before he could join the free agent market that opened today, according to NFL sources.

Hall is scheduled to receive roughly $23 million guaranteed -- with $30 million to be paid out of the first three years of the deal

so his guaranteed money was paid out this past season, so all of his remaiing money is salary.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
mike23md

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, a lot of the salaries are wrong based on thewarpath.net figures. that is the site for Redskins contracts.

for instance, trent williams on EZ's spread sheet, has his total cap hit at 8.0 million when its really 6.6 million on warpath. That one seems to be the most accurate. trents salary is 5 million, with a 600k signing bonus and a 1 million other bonus, but EZ has it at 2.5 million for bonuses.

that is a big difference, but its not a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. the bottom line is off by about 2 million.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
also, a lot of the salaries are wrong based on thewarpath.net figures. that is the site for Redskins contracts.

for instance, trent williams on EZ's spread sheet, has his total cap hit at 8.0 million when its really 6.6 million on warpath. That one seems to be the most accurate. trents salary is 5 million, with a 600k signing bonus and a 1 million other bonus, but EZ has it at 2.5 million for bonuses.

that is a big difference, but its not a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. the bottom line is off by about 2 million.
well that matters for us and being able to add a players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 4 of 83

Jump to: