Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Albert--Free Agent RT?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillParks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Brandon Albert--Free Agent RT? Reply with quote

I was sitting here thinking about how many roster upgrades we need and I started thinking about Brandon Albert. He has been moved around a lot in KC and maybe misused. He is an OK LT but it seems like his physical make-up and playing style are much more suited to RT (kind of like Michel Oher). He is only 27 years old. If we could make the money work do you think he would make a good free agent signing at a RT?
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we sign him I would prefer it be at his college position of gaurd. I think thats where he would be best at, just not were he would be paid best at. I think he will be out of our price range, but if not, than I would be all for it.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
WillParks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that he doesn't see himself as a guard. Personally, I think that is his best position. He is only a so-so LT. He might be a really good RT or G.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Brandon Albert--Free Agent RT? Reply with quote

WillParks wrote:
I was sitting here thinking about how many roster upgrades we need and I started thinking about Brandon Albert. He has been moved around a lot in KC and maybe misused. He is an OK LT but it seems like his physical make-up and playing style are much more suited to RT (kind of like Michel Oher). He is only 27 years old. If we could make the money work do you think he would make a good free agent signing at a RT?

He hasn't been moved around since being drafted by Kansas City. He played guard at Virginia but showed the footwork and movement skills to project to left tackle. Once he was drafted he was moved to left tackle and has been a good starting left tackle for the Chiefs.

If you go after him, it is more than likely going to be the idea that he is going to be your left tackle and be paid accordingly.

As a Chiefs fan, I hope we re-sign him.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
EhJae

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he wants to be a LT so, if we signed him I believe he'll be on our left end with Reiff on the right.

I wouldn't mind signing him.
#71 Riley Reiff
YlionsY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EhJae wrote:
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he wants to be a LT so, if we signed him I believe he'll be on our left end with Reiff on the right.

Even if he stayed at LT?

I would much rather have Reiff at LT than put Albert there who is only average. Much better suited for RT or G.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
EhJae wrote:

Even if he stayed at LT?

I would much rather have Reiff at LT than put Albert there who is only average. Much better suited for RT or G.

Agreed, only way I sign him is if he is cheaper than Goz to play RT or willing to play RG. He will improve the run game, but is a step down against the pass rush from Goz.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
EhJae

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:
EhJae wrote:

Even if he stayed at LT?

I wouldn't mind having him as our LT but not for a big contract (like Jake Long/Joe Thomas).

I prefer to "go all out" and get Jake Long personally.
#71 Riley Reiff
YlionsY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EhJae wrote:
YlionsY wrote:
EhJae wrote:

Even if he stayed at LT?

I wouldn't mind having him as our LT but not for a big contract (like Jake Long/Joe Thomas).

I prefer to "go all out" and get Jake Long personally.

I'd rather have Backus at LT. He would come relatively cheap and do a decent job. Similar to Albert.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have Joeckel/Fisher at LT at this point. Cheaper and younger. Of course not proven at the NFL upside which is the risk you take but they possess higher upside.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was coming into ask if Detroit would be in play for Joeckel, Fisher or Warmack. Against Arizona he was getting hit on every other play but most Lions fans' say Backus can get it done.

The Rebuild Has Begun...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: