Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What up Holmes, Ewing, Massaquoi, Mitchell & Robertson??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robust Perry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: What up Holmes, Ewing, Massaquoi, Mitchell & Robertson?? Reply with quote

I was reviewing our draft last year and completely forgot about most these guys. I think we can all agree that Konz was an integral part of our success this year and will be going forward. Beyond them, I really didn't see much out of these guys (maybe Ewing). Please prove me wrong if I'm missing something but it seems like TD didn't have that great of a draft.... I know, I know... In TD We Trust but I'm just not feeling it. I feel like the biggest miss of the draft last year was acquiring a developmental TE. I mean, why would you not get a young TE then so he could learn habits/work ethic from Tony Gonzalez?

Below are the picks and you tell me how you think we did:

Round.Pick Overall

2.55 PETER KONZ, G/C

3.91 LAMAR HOLMES, OT

5.157 BRADIE EWING, FB

5.164 JONATHAN MASSAQUOI, DE

6.192 CHARLES MITCHELL, S

7.249 TRAVIAN ROBERTSON, DT
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not like there was a bunch of great tight end prospects out there. We weren't in position to get Fleener, and if we got Dwayne Allen then we wouldn't have Konz.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
tech2186

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What up Holmes, Ewing, Massaquoi, Mitchell & Roberts Reply with quote

Robust Perry wrote:
I was reviewing our draft last year and completely forgot about most these guys. I think we can all agree that Konz was an integral part of our success this year and will be going forward. Beyond them, I really didn't see much out of these guys (maybe Ewing). Please prove me wrong if I'm missing something but it seems like TD didn't have that great of a draft.... I know, I know... In TD We Trust but I'm just not feeling it. I feel like the biggest miss of the draft last year was acquiring a developmental TE. I mean, why would you not get a young TE then so he could learn habits/work ethic from Tony Gonzalez?

Round.Pick Overall

2.55 PETER KONZ, G/C

3.91 LAMAR HOLMES, OT

5.157 BRADIE EWING, FB

I agree with this assessment. Although technically you can only judge a draft 3 years down the road, none of those guys got enough playing time to contribute, except for Konz. Ewing was on IR all season so maybe he comes in to contribute next year. Massaquoi is a developmental guy and I have heard nothing about Charles Mitchell. Robertson is also a project, but right now that draft class is looking very very weak. I don't know if anyone in that class besides Ewing and Konz can compete for a starting or even secondary role next year.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: What up Holmes, Ewing, Massaquoi, Mitchell & Roberts Reply with quote

Robust Perry wrote:

Round.Pick Overall

2.55 PETER KONZ, G/C

3.91 LAMAR HOLMES, OT

5.157 BRADIE EWING, FB

Holmes was brought in to provide competition to Baker. He reminds me a lot of Andrew Whitworth.
Ewing is a long term starter at fullback. He's a hell of a blocker and can catch well out of the backfield and as an H-back.
Massaquoi, Mitchell and Robertson were selected for long term rotational needs. not flashy, but will make the roster year in and year out.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What up Holmes, Ewing, Massaquoi, Mitchell & Roberts Reply with quote

Robust Perry wrote:

Round.Pick Overall

2.55 PETER KONZ, G/C

3.91 LAMAR HOLMES, OT

5.157 BRADIE EWING, FB

TR92 made it into a little of the rotation and charles money mitchell contributed

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too early, but Konz looked outmatched in almost every game he played. Maybe a move to center will help.

Holmes will hopefully make his way into the lineup in 2013

Ewing, I've never been a fan of. Snelling can do his job just as well if not better. Plus how many one back or [inappropriate/removed] gun sets do we go to now?

The rest? Hopefully special teams standouts.

#JDI
GFalcon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
It's too early, but Konz looked outmatched in almost every game he played. Maybe a move to center will help.

Ewing, I've never been a fan of. Snelling can do his job just as well if not better. Plus how many one back or [inappropriate/removed] gun sets do we go to now?

where? he only plays tackle and we are set, and thats bad to say considering baker is starting

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

where? he only plays tackle and we are set, and thats bad to say considering baker is starting

Baker might not be back. Clabo has been awful the past two years. Maybe move Clabo to RG, Konz to C, and Holmes to RT.

No matter. If Holmes is good enough in camp, a job will be found for him.

#JDI
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
GFalcon wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Baker might not be back. Clabo has been awful the past two years. Maybe move Clabo to RG, Konz to C, and Holmes to RT.

Clabo hasn't been awful at all. he's had 1-2 bad games each year but that happens to everyone. he's been PFF's top rated right tackle every year since 2009

devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
GFalcon wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Clabo hasn't been awful at all. he's had 1-2 bad games each year but that happens to everyone. he's been PFF's top rated right tackle every year since 2009

Then I guess the eye test of seeing the right side of the line being constantly blown up didnt matter into the rankings.

#JDI
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
GFalcon wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Can someone pitch this idea? scar?

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Then I guess the eye test of seeing the right side of the line being constantly blown up didnt matter into the rankings.

the RG has been the one getting blown up... this year it was a rookie RG. he'll be better next year when his experience is 12 pro games and not 0.

Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the reasoning behind people thinking every pick you draft has to be a starter. If you get a great guy in the 2-4 round range and one or two good guys in the 4th-7th round than I consider that a pretty good draft.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konz was a rookie and showed flashes he just needs more pro knowledge and experience

Ewing should be a great versatile addition to the backfield but he was hurt before the season began

Holmes was a long term rotational project we all knew that

Massaqoi was buried on the Depth Chart behind all the other guys we've been trying out at DE

Mitchell has already showed to be a valuable ST player

Robertson looked like a solid developing NT whenever he was on the field

So... what are we complaining about? That we were 1-2 plays away from the Superbowl this year without a 1st round pick..?

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if Lamar Holmes is ready I would move him to RT and Clabo to LT and let Baker walk and then Konz to center leaving Blalock at LG and either signing a FA like Andy Levitre to play RG or drafting Larry Warford to play RG this way we may can free up money to go after more defense like signing a defensive end and a nose tackle. Matthews has made more of a impact at DE than Massouqi so i am hoping he can justified being drafted at all! Robertson will likely be a rotational guy his whole career, Mitchell will be a back-up for atleast two more years and Ewing well its do or die for him and IMO i think he does!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: