Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where Does Alex Smith Land
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TidesHaveTurned


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 17
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
Jacksonville.


Well the interesting thing is on one hand Alex Smith by default has to be an upgrade over Blaine Gabbert

But if he goes to a team that talentless he will be in position to completely fail

Hopefully for Alex's sake he lands in a better spot than that. Maybe Andy Reid finally learns how to run the football with Jamaal Charles in KC

Or there is a heavy dose of CJ Spiller in Buffalo

Well, CSIII and Blackmon>Crabtree and Moss, and Lewis and Davis put up very similar production this past season, soo he won't be short of offensive talent.


Hahahaha. Get real kid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8499
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Malik wrote:
I honestly don't understand how people can look at the 49ers offense and then look at Alex Smith's play and think he's going to be successful anywhere else. The fact that he's a 7th year player with 80+ games under his belt and the only positive thing we can say about his career is that he didn't throw a lot of interceptions in 2 seasons.


Smith is still only 28 years old. He very well could be a late bloomer.


He has an elite OL, a top 8 running game, top 10 TE, and deep WR unit. If you can't bloom there you're not going to bloom anywhere.


Until his concussion he was playing very well. Harbaugh used that injury to insert Kaep and never looked back. I think Smith will be welcome to a number of QB desperate teams.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrscottso


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 10061
Location: NY
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Of course at this point this may be futile

I mean I've been down this road before with Kevin Kolb vs Vick in 2010

and most recently Matt Flynn vs Russell Wilson.

Heck even Alex Smith vs Kaepernick so why should I be surprised.

These things just have to play themselves out because the facts don't seem to matter even when you're trying to justify taking someone who's shown at their peak they can play at a near all-pro level compared to someone at their peak has

shown they can be game manager at best


Leave it alone. If the ONLY positive thing you can say in defense of a 7th year QB with 80 games under his belt is that for a season and a half he didn't through a lot of turnovers, that pretty much rests the case on even debating their talent.


Still better than anyone on the Jets roster though...
_________________


BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 4376
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrscottso wrote:
Malik wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Of course at this point this may be futile

I mean I've been down this road before with Kevin Kolb vs Vick in 2010

and most recently Matt Flynn vs Russell Wilson.

Heck even Alex Smith vs Kaepernick so why should I be surprised.

These things just have to play themselves out because the facts don't seem to matter even when you're trying to justify taking someone who's shown at their peak they can play at a near all-pro level compared to someone at their peak has

shown they can be game manager at best


Leave it alone. If the ONLY positive thing you can say in defense of a 7th year QB with 80 games under his belt is that for a season and a half he didn't through a lot of turnovers, that pretty much rests the case on even debating their talent.


Still better than anyone on the Jets roster though...


Seriously? And? What's your point? Mark Sanchez would of put up better numbers and had the same record had he been on this or last years 49ers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21660
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
mrscottso wrote:
Malik wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Of course at this point this may be futile

I mean I've been down this road before with Kevin Kolb vs Vick in 2010

and most recently Matt Flynn vs Russell Wilson.

Heck even Alex Smith vs Kaepernick so why should I be surprised.

These things just have to play themselves out because the facts don't seem to matter even when you're trying to justify taking someone who's shown at their peak they can play at a near all-pro level compared to someone at their peak has

shown they can be game manager at best


Leave it alone. If the ONLY positive thing you can say in defense of a 7th year QB with 80 games under his belt is that for a season and a half he didn't through a lot of turnovers, that pretty much rests the case on even debating their talent.


Still better than anyone on the Jets roster though...


Seriously? And? What's your point? Mark Sanchez would of put up better numbers and had the same record had he been on this or last years 49ers.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing No
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 9075
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
mrscottso wrote:
Malik wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Of course at this point this may be futile

I mean I've been down this road before with Kevin Kolb vs Vick in 2010

and most recently Matt Flynn vs Russell Wilson.

Heck even Alex Smith vs Kaepernick so why should I be surprised.

These things just have to play themselves out because the facts don't seem to matter even when you're trying to justify taking someone who's shown at their peak they can play at a near all-pro level compared to someone at their peak has

shown they can be game manager at best


Leave it alone. If the ONLY positive thing you can say in defense of a 7th year QB with 80 games under his belt is that for a season and a half he didn't through a lot of turnovers, that pretty much rests the case on even debating their talent.


Still better than anyone on the Jets roster though...


Seriously? And? What's your point? Mark Sanchez would of put up better numbers and had the same record had he been on this or last years 49ers.

well reading that, it would seem to me at least, that he is saying that alex is better than sanchez who is making nearly 15 mill. oh hes also saying hes better than tebow and mcelroy.
oh and bigmac russell too if you want to count him
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MARIO MANGELINI


Joined: 15 Jan 2013
Posts: 895
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TidesHaveTurned wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
Jacksonville.


Well the interesting thing is on one hand Alex Smith by default has to be an upgrade over Blaine Gabbert

But if he goes to a team that talentless he will be in position to completely fail

Hopefully for Alex's sake he lands in a better spot than that. Maybe Andy Reid finally learns how to run the football with Jamaal Charles in KC

Or there is a heavy dose of CJ Spiller in Buffalo

Well, CSIII and Blackmon>Crabtree and Moss, and Lewis and Davis put up very similar production this past season, soo he won't be short of offensive talent.


Hahahaha. Get real kid.


Umm he's actually right. Crabs is good but Moss is horrible. Jag's receiving core is better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift21


Joined: 20 Oct 2011
Posts: 1093
Location: SF
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He probably goes to Kansas City.
_________________

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21660
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TidesHaveTurned wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
Jacksonville.


Well the interesting thing is on one hand Alex Smith by default has to be an upgrade over Blaine Gabbert

But if he goes to a team that talentless he will be in position to completely fail

Hopefully for Alex's sake he lands in a better spot than that. Maybe Andy Reid finally learns how to run the football with Jamaal Charles in KC

Or there is a heavy dose of CJ Spiller in Buffalo

Well, CSIII and Blackmon>Crabtree and Moss, and Lewis and Davis put up very similar production this past season, soo he won't be short of offensive talent.


Hahahaha. Get real kid.

Huh? I'm right...... Both players had very good years, one with 1K yards and the other with 850..... Moss had like 450 yards receiving. Sorry.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baysik


Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 247
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be noted that Alex smith played with crabtree and manningham most of the time. Moss' numbers obviously wouldn't compare as a no. 3 receiver
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 21660
Location: Daboyle on the sig/ JMG on the avy
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baysik wrote:
It should be noted that Alex smith played with crabtree and manningham most of the time. Moss' numbers obviously wouldn't compare as a no. 3 receiver

I forgot Manningham existed.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 4376
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Malik wrote:
mrscottso wrote:
Malik wrote:
BBIB wrote:
Of course at this point this may be futile

I mean I've been down this road before with Kevin Kolb vs Vick in 2010

and most recently Matt Flynn vs Russell Wilson.

Heck even Alex Smith vs Kaepernick so why should I be surprised.

These things just have to play themselves out because the facts don't seem to matter even when you're trying to justify taking someone who's shown at their peak they can play at a near all-pro level compared to someone at their peak has

shown they can be game manager at best


Leave it alone. If the ONLY positive thing you can say in defense of a 7th year QB with 80 games under his belt is that for a season and a half he didn't through a lot of turnovers, that pretty much rests the case on even debating their talent.


Still better than anyone on the Jets roster though...


Seriously? And? What's your point? Mark Sanchez would of put up better numbers and had the same record had he been on this or last years 49ers.

well reading that, it would seem to me at least, that he is saying that alex is better than sanchez who is making nearly 15 mill. oh hes also saying hes better than tebow and mcelroy.
oh and bigmac russell too if you want to count him


The "lol you like a bad team so therefore everything you say is dumb" is asinine argument only trolls make.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Keleth


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 2874
Location: Restaurant at the end of the universe
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have seen Smith play on an excellent team.
We have seen Smith play on a bad team.

Which one of those types of teams is going to pay him big money ?
Which one of those types of teams needs a QB ?

If this happened before Harbaugh got to SF does anyone honestly believe that Smith would be looking for a multi million deal as an FA and not looking for a back up spot somewhere ?
We have seen Smith play well on a team with an excellent OL,running game,coaching and gameplan suited to him.
Have we yet seen Smith play well when these things are not available to him ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 9132
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
We have seen Smith play on an excellent team.
We have seen Smith play on a bad team.

Which one of those types of teams is going to pay him big money ?
Which one of those types of teams needs a QB ?

If this happened before Harbaugh got to SF does anyone honestly believe that Smith would be looking for a multi million deal as an FA and not looking for a back up spot somewhere ?
We have seen Smith play well on a team with an excellent OL,running game,coaching and gameplan suited to him.
Have we yet seen Smith play well when these things are not available to him ?
nope we haven't. Smith needs everything around him to be perfect or else he isn't that good.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BBIB


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 8771
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
nope we haven't. Smith needs everything around him to be perfect or else he isn't that good.


At least some 49er fans understand this

Again the best compliment we can give him is that he didn't mess things up the last 1 1/2 years. That's hardly a ringing endorsement for a guy who may go to a situation where he may have to actually be a playmaker and carry a team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group