Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Trade and Free Agent Signings/Rumors Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
green24

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malibuspeedrace wrote:
Quote:
Tony Lastoria‏@TonyIBI

Crazy offseason for Russ Canzler. He was just DFAed to make room on the Yankees 40-man roster for Hafner.

Quote:
Tony Lastoria‏@TonyIBI

So DFA by Indians, claim by Jays, DFA by Jays, claim by Indians, DFA by Indians, claim by Yankees, DFA by Yankees and now ?. All in a month.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him get picked back up by the Indians.
they still have the DH spot open Laughing

Nearly Chris Schwinden status.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Wright and Ike Davis are openly recruiting Michael Bourn.

Quote:
As a guy that likes to drive in runners, I would love Michael Bourn to be on the bases when Im hitting, just because of how he changes the game, Davis said. Were going to see more fastballs if he was on the team. It would be great. Hes also an amazingly good defender out in center field."
Quote:
David Wright told the New York Post yesterday he has spoken with and exchanged text messages with free-agent OF Michael Bourn in an attempt to lure him to Citi Field, saying:

I just wanted to let him know that he would be a great addition here and hed obviously be welcomed here. Ive always had great respect for him and the way he plays the game and have always kind of chatted with him when he gets to third base. Hes a hard-nosed player. I wanted to be there to answer any question he might have and let him know that with some of the young arms that we have and the young talent we have, we are not far off.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Bourn sign with anybody by spring training.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
gofrogs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:

I think he and Lohse will both sign this weekend or early next week. Not that it matters a whole lot, but Boras did say that there is a viable market for both players and he is talking to suiters for both

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gofrogs wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:

I think he and Lohse will both sign this weekend or early next week. Not that it matters a whole lot, but Boras did say that there is a viable market for both players and he is talking to suiters for both

They both got screwed when they were tagged with the draft pick compensation.
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Quote:
As a guy that likes to drive in runners, I would love Michael Bourn to be on the bases when Im hitting, just because of how he changes the game, Davis said. Were going to see more fastballs if he was on the team. It would be great. Hes also an amazingly good defender out in center field."
Quote:
David Wright told the New York Post yesterday he has spoken with and exchanged text messages with free-agent OF Michael Bourn in an attempt to lure him to Citi Field, saying:

I just wanted to let him know that he would be a great addition here and hed obviously be welcomed here. Ive always had great respect for him and the way he plays the game and have always kind of chatted with him when he gets to third base. Hes a hard-nosed player. I wanted to be there to answer any question he might have and let him know that with some of the young arms that we have and the young talent we have, we are not far off.

Did they also sell him hard on a third- or fourth-place finish?

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keysersoze3421 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Laughing
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@BNightengale, the #Mariners are on the verge of a seven-year, $175 million deal with ace Felix Hernandez

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually i am against giving out huge deals like that to pitchers but with Felix this is a special case.
BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's official according to my phone alert from ESPN. Wouldn't of done that much if I were the M's/any team. But when you're not good you have to overpay to keep the talent you have.

BrownieTheElf wrote:
It's official according to my phone alert from ESPN. Wouldn't of done that much if I were the M's/any team. But when you're not good you have to overpay to keep the talent you have.

You don't think a team would give him this in the open market in 2 years?
Dr. Philly

Mariners did well in that deal. Love it .

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
green24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Quote:
@BNightengale, the #Mariners are on the verge of a seven-year, $175 million deal with ace Felix Hernandez

Great deal for both sides.
BrownieTheElf

Sacks98 wrote:
BrownieTheElf wrote:

You don't think a team would give him this in the open market in 2 years?

Might of but I would never pay anywhere close to that for a pitcher.

keysersoze3421 wrote:
green24 wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Third place. Shocked

Worked for the Marlins last year. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 65 of 67

Jump to: