Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Welcome to the ThunderDome - Browns FFMD War Room 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Here's what cutting some guys would save us...

Colt McCoy - 2.325M
Usama Young - 2.15M (I think the list is wrong on this one, according to the spreadsheet it would COST us an extra 9k in cap space to cut him)
Oniel Cousins - 725K
Owen Marecic - 423K
Brian Sanford - 630K
Adrian Moten - 555K
Emmanuel Acho - 440K (Still would like to hold onto him until later in the cuts process)
Prince Miller, L.J. Fort, Jarrod Shaw, Hall Davis - 480K
Kendrick Adams, Kent Richardson, Solomon Elimimian - 405K


We can hang onto Acho for a bit maybe... Its going to be tough figuring out which of these young ILBs we keep and which we dont....

P. Miller, K Richardson, Fort, Adams, and Davis are all potential keepers at depth in those positions. More than likely a few will be cut at some point, but should not be till their spots are filled by adding FA/draft picks. Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has us at 55 after resigning our couple ERFAs/RFAs/FA on the official roster....


Offense (24 players)
QB- Brandon Weeden, Colt McCoy, Thaddeus Lewis
RB- Trent Richardson, Montario Hardesty, Chris Ogbonnaya
FB: Brad Smelley, Owen Marecic
WR: Josh Gordon, Greg Little, Travis Benjamin, Josh Cooper, Jordan Norwood
TE: Jordan Cameron, Dan Gronkowski
LT: Joe Thomas, Oniel Cousins
LG: Jason Pinkston, John Greco
C: Alex Mack
RG: Shawn Lauvao, Jarrod Shaw
RT: Mitchell Schwartz, Ryan Miller

Defense (29)
DE- Frostee Rucker, Billy Winn, Brain Sanford
NT- Ahtyba Rubin, Ishmaa'ily Kitchen
DE- Phillip Taylor, John Hughes
OLB: Kendrick Adams, Emmanuel Stephens
ILB: D'Qwell Jackson, L.J. Fort, Craig Robertson, Emmanuel Acho, Solomon Elimimian
ILB: Chris Gocong, James Michael-Johnson, Tank Carder, Adrain Moten
OLB: Jabaal Sheard, Hall Davis
CB: Joe Haden, Buster Skrine, Trevin Wade, Prince Miller, Kent Richardson
FS: Usama Young, Johnson Bademosi, Tashaun Gipson
SS: TJ Ward, Eric Hagg

Special teams (2)
P:
K: Phil Dawson
LS: Christian Yount



ERFA
RFA
UFA
cut


hitting the open waters...

Sheldon Brown
Joshua Cribbs
Stanley Daniels
Auston English
Scot Fujita
Reggie Hodges
Brandon Jackson
Josh Johnson
Kaluka Maiava
Mohamed Massaquoi
Juqua Parker
Alex Smith
Ray Ventrone
Benjamin Watson
Eddie Williams
_________________


Last edited by Dropkick_pride on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20069
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great DP
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dawgpoun8017


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 12170
Location: Waterloo,NY
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well.......
_________________
2013 Joe Blackburn HOF Award Recipient

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20069
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
well.......

_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
well.......


Haha....

Nothing to do but to start watching who other teams release so we can prepare for FA...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20069
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
well.......


Haha....

Nothing to do but to start watching who other teams release so we can prepare for FA...


I'm assuming that Freak is looking at the cap excel doc.

Freak is that right?

You just gonna send it to me after today and let me do the bookkeeping from here on out?
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there going to be a master list of FAs posted in the gm mock area? I think they did that in years past... Can't remember.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20069
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Is there going to be a master list of FAs posted in the gm mock area? I think they did that in years past... Can't remember.


I would assume.

They will decide who goes to the talent agency and who goes to the shark tank.

Good thing about guys in the tank is it's only about the highest bidder, which technically should be us most of the time if we wanted.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Is there going to be a master list of FAs posted in the gm mock area? I think they did that in years past... Can't remember.


I would assume.

They will decide who goes to the talent agency and who goes to the shark tank.

Good thing about guys in the tank is it's only about the highest bidder, which technically should be us most of the time if we wanted.


I wonder how many of potential bigger signings will get pulled into the talent agency.... We could always skip any player that go to the TA and bid only on the guys in the tank. Not many of our targets are head and shoulders above our 2nd or 3rd option. Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20069
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Is there going to be a master list of FAs posted in the gm mock area? I think they did that in years past... Can't remember.


I would assume.

They will decide who goes to the talent agency and who goes to the shark tank.

Good thing about guys in the tank is it's only about the highest bidder, which technically should be us most of the time if we wanted.


I wonder how many of potential bigger signings will get pulled into the talent agency.... We could always skip any player that go to the TA and bid only on the guys in the tank. Not many of our targets are head and shoulders above our 2nd or 3rd option. Smile


Not 100% sure, but there are 3 talent agencies. I really think that each one is not more than 5-7 players per. AKA we get to outbid any team on any of the players not in the top 15-20 of FA's.

Guaranteed we could get 2 starters that would upgrade spots for us from the shark tank.

If we can get 1, maybe 2 guys in the talent agency, and 2 good guys from the tank, this team could contend for a playoff next year depending on who those players are.
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fsubrowns9510


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 13235
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Is there going to be a master list of FAs posted in the gm mock area? I think they did that in years past... Can't remember.


I would assume.

They will decide who goes to the talent agency and who goes to the shark tank.

Good thing about guys in the tank is it's only about the highest bidder, which technically should be us most of the time if we wanted.


I wonder how many of potential bigger signings will get pulled into the talent agency.... We could always skip any player that go to the TA and bid only on the guys in the tank. Not many of our targets are head and shoulders above our 2nd or 3rd option. Smile


Not 100% sure, but there are 3 talent agencies. I really think that each one is not more than 5-7 players per. AKA we get to outbid any team on any of the players not in the top 15-20 of FA's.

Guaranteed we could get 2 starters that would upgrade spots for us from the shark tank.

If we can get 1, maybe 2 guys in the talent agency, and 2 good guys from the tank, this team could contend for a playoff next year depending on who those players are.


Not to mention im pretty confident @ 6 we can get a very good player
_________________


Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15358
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Is there going to be a master list of FAs posted in the gm mock area? I think they did that in years past... Can't remember.


I would assume.

They will decide who goes to the talent agency and who goes to the shark tank.

Good thing about guys in the tank is it's only about the highest bidder, which technically should be us most of the time if we wanted.


I wonder how many of potential bigger signings will get pulled into the talent agency.... We could always skip any player that go to the TA and bid only on the guys in the tank. Not many of our targets are head and shoulders above our 2nd or 3rd option. Smile


Not 100% sure, but there are 3 talent agencies. I really think that each one is not more than 5-7 players per. AKA we get to outbid any team on any of the players not in the top 15-20 of FA's.

Guaranteed we could get 2 starters that would upgrade spots for us from the shark tank.

If we can get 1, maybe 2 guys in the talent agency, and 2 good guys from the tank, this team could contend for a playoff next year depending on who those players are.


Not to mention im pretty confident @ 6 we can get a very good player


Are we not going to explore a trade down to try and grab a 2nd?
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Moderator
Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5790
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulldog is in the house.

whats good guys?

(i'm gonna try and get some names put together for a trade today, I'm home all day tomorrow as well. But then I work 12 hrs a day for the next 7 days. Then 4 days off. and i'll be all over FFMD like a fly on sh....poo.)
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Is there going to be a master list of FAs posted in the gm mock area? I think they did that in years past... Can't remember.


I would assume.

They will decide who goes to the talent agency and who goes to the shark tank.

Good thing about guys in the tank is it's only about the highest bidder, which technically should be us most of the time if we wanted.


I wonder how many of potential bigger signings will get pulled into the talent agency.... We could always skip any player that go to the TA and bid only on the guys in the tank. Not many of our targets are head and shoulders above our 2nd or 3rd option. Smile


Not 100% sure, but there are 3 talent agencies. I really think that each one is not more than 5-7 players per. AKA we get to outbid any team on any of the players not in the top 15-20 of FA's.

Guaranteed we could get 2 starters that would upgrade spots for us from the shark tank.

If we can get 1, maybe 2 guys in the talent agency, and 2 good guys from the tank, this team could contend for a playoff next year depending on who those players are.


Not to mention im pretty confident @ 6 we can get a very good player


Are we not going to explore a trade down to try and grab a 2nd?


If a offer presents itself I'm sure we would all listen....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 93 of 103

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group