Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions cutting Kyle Vanden Bosch
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
If I re-call... didn't Schwartz personally show up at KVB front door on opening day of free agency when he hit the market, just to pitch to him the idea of coming to Detroit?
Lions then handed him a 4 year deal worth $26 million. KVB rewarded them with 15.5 sacks in 3 seasons. 3 players this year had more sacks in 2012 then KVB had in his 3 seasons in Detroit. Yea, I'd say it was time to say bye bye to the washed up vet.

Kempes on the custom sig!
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
If I re-call... didn't Schwartz personally show up at KVB front door on opening day of free agency when he hit the market, just to pitch to him the idea of coming to Detroit?
Lions then handed him a 4 year deal worth $26 million. KVB rewarded them with 15.5 sacks in 3 seasons. 3 players this year had more sacks in 2012 then KVB had in his 3 seasons in Detroit. Yea, I'd say it was time to say bye bye to the washed up vet.

He gave us a couple of good years and was very good in our playoff run. Would have liked to see him last another year or two, but some guys just cant play till theyre 35.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

He gave us a couple of good years and was very good in our playoff run. Would have liked to see him last another year or two, but some guys just cant play till theyre 35.
He knew Schwartz's system and by most accounts, was a team leader. I think if the Lions went back and knew what they knew now, they would still sign him but there is no question it was time to cut ties.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

He knew Schwartz's system and by most accounts, was a team leader. I think if the Lions went back and knew what they knew now, they would still sign him but there is no question it was time to cut ties.

Absolutely. He was brought in to set an example for the young Dline we were building. Especially for guys like Avril and Suh. And they'll be the first to tell you what an impact KVB had on teaching them what it means to go to work everyday and be a professional. No doubt the Lions would sign him again, but his time on the field is done. Wouldn't mind trying him in a Dline assistant role of some sort.

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR
tom cody

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Van Den Bosche is still a decent talent. I think he'll have no trouble finding a team to sign him.
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But those uniforms brought that vibrant red out of his eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think KVB's through. He's been a good player and has had a good run, so certainly no shame in it.
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
SadLionFan00 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

Oh for sure. He definitely had a impact on guys like Suh, Avril, and Sammie Lee Hill.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TomRalph

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind us picking him up, he could have an Andre Carter like resurgence for us as a DE next to Chandler and Wilfork. Who knows?

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right choice.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
CJ4life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind him on the Falcons for a cheap 1-year contract. We need all the pass-rushing help we can get.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: