Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD '13 Chargers War Room
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shumway

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
The LBC wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Vasquez for sure. Phillips lived off of spurts of big plays.

Suggested Vasquez contract:

Quote:
5 years/$22.5 million contract (includes a $5.0 million signing bonus; $8 million guaranteed)
2013 - $0.715M (base), $1.0M (signing), $0.100M workout bonus = $1.815M
2014 - $3.9M (base), $1.0M (signing), $0.100M workout bonus = $5.0M
2015 - $4.5M (base), $1.0M (signing), $0.100M workout bonus = $5.5M
2016 - $3.9425 (base), $1.0M (signing), $0.100M workout bonus = $5.0425M
2017 - $3.9425M (base), $1.0M (signing), $0.100M workout bonus = $5.0425

Comparable Contracts:
Mike Brisiel (2012; OAK) - 5 yr/$20.0 million ($3.4 million signing bonus)
Todd Herremans (2012; PHI) - 5 yr/$27.1 million ($6.0 million signing bonus)
Evan Mathis (2012; PHI) - 5 yr/$25 million ($5.0 million signing bonus)

Explanation: The fact of the matter is that it's been somewhat difficult to get a proper gauge on where Louis is in his development because he's been forced to play next to such an inept linemate in Jeromey Clary for his entire career (the same Jeromey Clary who had a nasty habit of ignoring his own assignment and trying to block Louis' instead). However, with his natural athleticism we feel he projects quite well into the now zone-heavy blocking scheme that will be deployed under Offensive Coordinator Ken Whisenhunt and OL coach Joe D'Alessandris. Understanding that there is a chance the fit may end up not being ideal for us or Louis we have structured this contract such that Louis is compensated at the yearly average (including Y1 with his signing bonus factored in) comparable to perhaps more "proven" linemen but all with similar starting tenure. And should the fit in the scheme prove not to be ideal, Louis will be in a position to still re-enter the market in his prime to find a better fit and another crack at a sizable signing bonus. We're betting on the fit being a good one, though.

Anybody disagree?

No way I can come up with anything better than that. Reasonable contract. Minimal cap hit this year. All good.
Shumway

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on what's reasonable for the contract offer for Phillips? $4mill p.a. is probably not quite gonna cut it, but I don't think he's an essential piece if he prices himself out of our budget. I'd think he's somwhere in the neighborhood of $6mil p.a.

Should we ask for a bit of a home town discount so that he can retire a Charger. I'm thinking 3 years, $16mill.

Other FAs to sign? I like Franklin for another year or two, and it seems Jammer is another priority (price depenent). Vaugn Martin will be offered something, but behind Liuget / Reyes, he's gotta be prepared to accept backup money or it's $$$ we can spend elsewhere.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL GMS

If there is anything pending that you still haven't received a decision on, please PM me and I'll make sure that a decision is made on it asap. Just want to make sure nothing gets dropped.

Any and all other complaints/questions, feel free to PM me as well. Just want to clear up any confusion/frustration and make this thing enjoyable...
Zappaz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, but what happened to our sigs?!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe we were doing Muppets but likely it has been thrown to the back burner since school is in session and I am sure the little demons are terroizing LBC.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
sanitizer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we necassarily need to sigh Phillips or Vasquez, but with the propsal you have for Vasquez I like those dollars more than anything given to Phillips.

Is Gosder Cherilus a FA? I think he'd be a great replacement at RT for the right price.

Vaughn Martin played in Canada, we gotta keep the guy. But in reality, I love his versatility, but if we do keep him it has to be for backup money, and who knows if thats going to happen.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
I believe we were doing Muppets but likely it has been thrown to the back burner since school is in session and I am sure the little demons are terroizing LBC.

Those are actually my students, not FFMD participants - aside from green. This is that fun part of the year where I'm having to do all my day-to-day teaching, while also grading final projects from the last semester (all that's done now, but that's what made the week before last so time consuming), and getting grades done and formally submitted.

I'll see if I can crank out something this weekend.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got an inquiry about Ladarius Green and Darrell Stuckey. Any interest in trading them away? I like Green's potential, and Stuckey is a great backup and ST captain.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Just got an inquiry about Ladarius Green and Darrell Stuckey. Any interest in trading them away? I like Green's potential, and Stuckey is a great backup and ST captain.

Not at all. There's zero reason to trade Green and Stuckey is too good on ST. Second year player trades are frowned upon anyways, not that we should ever considering moving Green at this point.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
winitall

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:

It wouldn't hurt to see what they are willing to give for them, sometimes you can get great value. I am of the opinion that offers on ANY player on your team should be listened to, some more than others.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winitall wrote:
MrDrew wrote:

It wouldn't hurt to see what they are willing to give for them, sometimes you can get great value. I am of the opinion that offers on ANY player on your team should be listened to, some more than others.

It doesn't hurt to hear, but I would be adamant that we're looking for higher PICKS (not comparable value, specifically draft picks in this draft - not future) that the players were originally selected with or we won't even entertain an offer.

Effectively teams are looking at our roster and seeing guys that they don't remember seeing the field much so they think they can get them at a sweet deal (like a late Day 3 pick), and that's simply not the case here. Barring Gates missing a great deal of injury time (and even then because of the presence of Rosario AND McMichael on the roster) Green wasn't going to see a ton of PT last season. Stuckey was damn near an ST captain last season, if he wasn't actually (and I'm just forgetting). I see no reason to piecemeal them out. It's a TE-rich draft, so I don't have a major issue with trading Green if we're getting a premium return on the investment, but I'm not about to just take straight "same pick" (or less) value for him.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told them we weren't looking to trade either, but that doesn't mean we can't be convinced in to doing it.

Porter22

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read that you might have some interest in OT Strief? Feel free to PM me with any offer you would consider!
Injured Reserve: WR Joe Morgan
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got asked about interest in Aaron Ross.

Also got asked about Floyd. Told them to make an offer, and they came back with having a ProBowl caliber OG on the block. Pretty sure it was the Texans.

Talk to me...

Zappaz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Got asked about interest in Aaron Ross.

Also got asked about Floyd. Told them to make an offer, and they came back with having a ProBowl caliber OG on the block. Pretty sure it was the Texans.

Talk to me...

Don't really know much on Ross.

As for Floyd, I'd be willing to send him somewhere depending on the deal... see exactly what they're looking for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 16 of 61

Jump to: