Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigChiefin336

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Offseason Mock Reply with quote

Cuts:

M. Cassel
T. Jackson

Definitely feel we have to cut Cassel. I wouldnt be against keeping T Jackson but at a much cheaper price.

Re-signed:

D-Bowe
B. Albert
R. Pitoitua
B. Siler

I think both Bowe and Albert should be high priority re-signings. Pitoitua and Siler I like as rotational guys and depth.

Free Agent Signings:

DRC - CB
Matt Moore - QB
Brandon Moore - G
Mike Devito - DE
Chris Canty - DE

All in all I dont think anyone of those FA's break the bank. DRC would command the most money but dont think it should be that high. Moore could compete with whatever rookie QB we get in training camp. Brandon Moore could compete with Allen for the starting LG spot. Canty and DeVito replace Dorsey and Jackson on the D-Line. DeVito knows Sutton so I think he might be a real possibility and is a great run stuffer. I think Canty should be able to stop the run well enough but I think he will pressure the QB more than any DE we had last year.

Draft:

1- Geno Smith - QB WVU
2- Kevin Minter - ILB LSU
3- Stedman Bailey - WR WVU
3- Robert Lester - FS Bama
4- Gavin Escobar - TE San Diego St
5- Travis Long - OLB Wash St
6- Zeke Motta - SS Notre Dame
7- Joe Madsen - C WVU

To me Geno is a no brainer, especially since we dont have to give him 50+ million gauranteed. Minter is a late first round prospect but ILB's have a tendancy to fall. Minter could come in and start next to DJ right away. Bailey gives Geno a familar target. Lester and Motta were both needed for depth purposes. Lester could potentially start over Lewis. Escobar could develop behind Tony Mo and eventually start at TE. Long has 3-4 OLB expierence and can provide depth behind Houston and Hali. Madsen has been Smith's center the past few years. He can be depth behind Hudson.

Roster-

QB- Smith/Moore/Stanzi
RB- Charles/Draughn/Gray/McCluster
FB- Dimarco
WR- Bowe/Hemmingway
WR- Baldwin/Breaston
Slot- Bailey/McCluster
TE- Tony Mo/Escobar/Maneri
T- Albert/ Winston/Stephenson/Mims
G- Moore/Asamoah/ Allen
C- Hudson/Madsen

DE- Canty/DeVito/Bailey/Pitoitua
NT- Poe/Powe/Smith
OLB- Hali/Houston/Long/Studebaker
ILB- DJ/Minter/Siler
CB- Flowers/DRC/Arenas/Brown/Daniels
FS- Lewis/Lester
SS- Berry/Motta

K- Succop
P- Colquitt

There are a few roster spots open which would be filled with UDFA or Late cuts. I would like to see McCluster used as a RB more and Slot WR sometimes. Anyways what does everyone think? feel free to blast it.
bigballin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE THIS DRAFT!!!

Stedman Bailey would be perfect to draft with Geno Smith. Looking at this production and draft analysis he looks like a stud #2 WR to line up in the slot as well.

Honestly I think Jonathan Baldwin is going to really progress under Andy Reid and we wont even need Bowe. But no matter this works.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why nearly every mock draft on here has us taking a WR (even keeping Bowe), usually one of the WV guys that we already have 2 of in DMX and Wylie. We only need a high round WR if Bowe leaves and I don't think we expect that to happen.

I realize there are some quality WR's this year, but I think most of us believe Baldwin can be a good WR with Reid and a QB. We definitely don't need a slot type and Breaston is already a proven #2...just because he disappeared under the incompetency of those in power last year doesn't mean he won't bounce right back. If Breaston is your #3 WR, you're doing pretty good and with Reid and a new QB I'm sure he's worth the price tag to keep. Sure we could take a WR in the early rounds and cut him to save a few mill, but he's already proven and that pick would be better used elsewhere, IMO.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of

Last edited by ArrowheadRage58 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
samsel23

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
I don't understand why nearly every mock draft on here has us taking a WR (even keeping Bowe), usually one of the WV guys that we already have 2 if in DMX and Wylie. We only need a high round WR if Bowe leaves and I don't think we expect that to happen.

I realize there are some quality WR's this year, but I think most of us believe Baldwin can be a good WR with Reid and a QB. We definitely don't need a slot type and Breaston is already a proven #2...just because he disappeared under the incompetency of those in power last year doesn't mean he won't bounce right back. If Breaston is your #3 WR, you're doing pretty good and with Reid and a new QB I'm sure he's worth the price tag to keep. Sure we could take a WR in the early rounds and cut him to save a few mill, but he's already proven and that pick would be better used elsewhere, IMO.

My hopes are that we move Dex back to more of a RB role. I know QB accuracy was terrible last year, but he doesn't have natural hands. Too many balls are tipped if he can't catch with his body.

Dex in the backfield with teams fearing the deep pass would be more lethal. I like Bailey more than Austin mainly because he can play on the outside too. Breaston and Baldwin aren't really slot WR so we need that versatility.

I personally see Reid seeing some Kevin Curtis is Wylie (not because of race either). I see him having a good role in Reids offense.

RB- Charles, Gray, McCluster, Bigger back
WR- Bowe/Breaston, Baldwin, Wylie, Rookie, Copper/FA

This is what I'd like from our skill positions. I don't see us keeping both Bowe and Breaston. Neither should play ST and although I think Bowe could do some damage in the slot it's not worth the pricetag IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I would point out McCluster only had 4 drops, it just seems like more cuz every one of them was Int'd for a TD lol...

He doesn't have to move to RB to take a few handoffs every now and then...look for Charles to actually play more on 3rd downs now that Reid is here, so we don't Need DMX there unless Charles gets injured. I just don't think the upgrade is enough with Austin or whoever to make it worth it when there are more pressing needs. Remember we still have Wylie too. It's a luxury pick and we don't need to be doing that at WR this year.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
bigballin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never been a big Steve Breaston fan and I don't see him here in 2013.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigballin wrote:
I have never been a big Steve Breaston fan and I don't see him here in 2013.

I was never a big Matt Cassel fan, but that didn't stop him from being on the roster the last 4 years.

Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Minter makes it out of the 1st. Saints, Bears, and Bengals all need an ILB, he is the #1 ILB.

BigChiefin336

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
No way Minter makes it out of the 1st. Saints, Bears, and Bengals all need an ILB, he is the #1 ILB.

Actually Minter is the number 3 ILB in my opinion. Alec Olgetree and Teo are 1 and 2. Saints have more to worry about than ILB if they are switching to a 3-4. They have Lofton, Hawthorne and Vilma right now on their roster as ILB's in the 3-4. Every one of those teams have more pressing needs than ILB. Bears need OLine badly. Bengals have Burfict who played well last year that can play ILB and need possibly a DE and 2 safeties.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say The Judge is in there too with top ILBs. Could see a couple slide into the late first, but honestly I think one of those 4 for sure is there at 34. I know at least one person who would be jumping up and down on their chair/couch with me screaming draft Brown if he's there at 34, and we already have 2 QBs.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I would say The Judge is in there too with top ILBs. Could see a couple slide into the late first, but honestly I think one of those 4 for sure is there at 34. I know at least one person who would be jumping up and down on their chair/couch with me screaming draft Brown if he's there at 34, and we already have 2 QBs.

I think there are at least several of us. Pretty much a moot point though as I think Arthur is going top 21

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: