Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

One guy really flying under the radar is...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
RTD wrote:
I like Faulk but would you take him at # 50 instead of a guy like Fredrick or Warford? IMO they will both be available. I can't.
No way. I have both guys rated much higher.

Frederick and Warford are better prospects than Faulk because of the health.
DaMike

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
RTD wrote:
I like Faulk but would you take him at # 50 instead of a guy like Fredrick or Warford? IMO they will both be available. I can't.
No way. I have both guys rated much higher.

Frederick and Warford are better prospects than Faulk because of the health.
They also have better tape.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTD wrote:

If he is 100% healthy you could…this is a guy who was a projected top 20 pick as a LT in next year’s draft…had he went back for a year and proved his health he would have more than likely been a lock to go in the 1st round…if he is 100% healthy he is completely in the conversation with both guys.
RTD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Madmike90"][quote="RTD"]I like Faulk but would you take him at # 50 instead of a guy like Fredrick or Warford? IMO they will both be available. I can't.[/quote]

If he is 100% healthy you could…this is a guy who was a projected top 20 pick as a LT in next year’s draft…had he went back for a year and proved his health he would have more than likely been a lock to go in the 1st round…if he is 100% healthy he is completely in the conversation with both guys.[/quote]
I live down here in SEC country MM and I agree with you that Faulk when heathly can be very good. LSU ran on everybody and its because of guys like Faulk. But when I got to see Warford this year, I saw a guy who could dominate at the OG position. He is the guy I really would like to see Emery pick. But we all may be just splitting hairs on Warford, Faulk and Fredrick, they would all be upgrades to what we have now. And be a good start to fixing the oline problem.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: One guy really flying under the radar is... Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:
Chris Faulk - LT - LSU

As a sophomore, a lot of folks were pegging him as the top 2013 Draft left tackle. If he can recover, he could easily be a huge steal and he just seems like a guy who will strike Emery's eye and check all the boxes.

Judging from last year, it seems Emery isn't afraid to go back and look at earlier tape in order find the whole story on a player. Faulk should be a guy who really strikes Emery as a potential steal if everyone overlooks him for Joeckel, Fisher or Johnson.

Any other guys you think fit the bill of great 2011 tape (or earlier) versus their bad 2012 tape that Emery might target? (ala. Alshon Jeffery, Brandon Hardin)
Not much talk about Taylor Lewan. I would take a look at him mid round.

Went back to school.
That could account for it.
ChiSportsFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: One guy really flying under the radar is... Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:
Chris Faulk - LT - LSU

As a sophomore, a lot of folks were pegging him as the top 2013 Draft left tackle. If he can recover, he could easily be a huge steal and he just seems like a guy who will strike Emery's eye and check all the boxes.

Judging from last year, it seems Emery isn't afraid to go back and look at earlier tape in order find the whole story on a player. Faulk should be a guy who really strikes Emery as a potential steal if everyone overlooks him for Joeckel, Fisher or Johnson.

Any other guys you think fit the bill of great 2011 tape (or earlier) versus their bad 2012 tape that Emery might target? (ala. Alshon Jeffery, Brandon Hardin)
Not much talk about Taylor Lewan. I would take a look at him mid round.

Went back to school.

And he would've never went anywhere but the top 10. Barring an injury or terrible play he should be a top 5 pick next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: