Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beason's trade value

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Beason's trade value Reply with quote

Just curious with the emergence of Luke if Beason would worth it for you guys to trade or move him to the outside. I would think getting some picks out him instead of sticking him to SLB would be the preferred route. With his past 2 years of injuries and the cap hit of 5.7M and only getting higher for an OLB. Especially a SLB or do you move Anderson to SLB and Beason to WLB. Not that the Panthers would move Beason to the Bucs, not for a decent price anyways, but thought I would see what you guys thought the future for Beason was in Carolina as he's one of my favorite non-buc players.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'd fall somewhere around the range we got for Kris Jenkins. My best guess would be a 3rd and a 5th.
johnydtarheel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to take a pay cut like Thomas Davis did or we need to trade him.

Thanks CK
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 Year Rookie Contracts changes the landscape. Teams will be less willing to part with their draft picks. Beason is 28 and rebounding from injury. Having landed a $ 50 million contract prior to FA, what team would be willing to sacrifice a 3rd Round Pick & add an injury question mark overpaid LB?

I think most would prefer to sign a guy via Free Agency. I'd argue Beason for possibly a 4th.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say a 5th at the most.

Teams dont give up much for MLBs.

Teams dont give up much for MLBs coming off major surgery.

Teams dont give up much for MLBs coming off major surgery that aren't really needed by their current team.

Teams dont give up much for MLBs coming off major surgery that aren't really needed by their current team and have a great big contract.

If a team wants him, they'll wait till we release him. I hope we manage to renegotiate and keep him in the fold.

CK on the sig
shaX 07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We better re-structure and keep him. I still believe he can play at a high level. He needed another year to fully recover from the achilles injury.

Mark my words, he will be an Impact player this coming season. If not for the Panthers, for someone else.

KEEP THE MAN.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
We better re-structure and keep him. I still believe he can play at a high level. He needed another year to fully recover from the achilles injury.

Mark my words, he will be an Impact player this coming season. If not for the Panthers, for someone else.

KEEP THE MAN.

YES!
Beason would be owed guaranteed money if we traded him. It is cheaper for us to rework him. At 28 and healed, he should be in his prime.

Beason is best at MLB, and we can use the depth at MLB--in other words, our backup MLB is also a player who plays OLB. With Anderson and Davis, expect to see a rotation.

Do not trade a former pro bowl LB who is only 28 when his stock is at an all-time low and have to eat cap money for a fifth rounder. That is not getting better. Keeping pro bowlers is a better idea.
Straddle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers need to renegotiate with Beason. He has been banking huge bucks sitting on the bench with injuries. We can't get anything in trade for him and he was a top 5 LB before he went down (maybe top 2). Don't want to move Kuechly out of the middle, so he would have to play Will.

Would also be interesting to play a little 3-4 with Beason and Kuechly in the middle flanked by Anderson and Davis (gets our best guys in the field).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: